Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy Diet

Hi all,

I am pretty sure there aren't many Vegetarians on this forum but I am one. I was wondering if you guys can help me with a nice Vegetarian Diet. I go to Gym off and on but I am seriously considering it doing regularly and getting on a healthy diet. My aim is to gain 20-22 lbs of muscle mass and still maintain a lean body. You guys can also provide me/point me to good websites that answer my question.

Thanks
    "When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

dried fruit
    dark-green vegetables such as watercress, broccoli, spring greens and okra
    wholemeal bread
    fortified cereals (with added iron)
    milk
    cheese
    fortified yeast extracts such as Marmite
    flaxseed oil
    rapeseed oil
    soya oil and soya-based foods, such as tofu
    walnuts

by eating any all-vegetable eating habits, you may still look after your current heart by consuming a minimum of a few parts of many different vegetables and fruits every day, simply by reducing foods that is full of unhealthy fat and also by watching the amount sea salt you consume.

Comment

I'm a vegetarian. I only eat fish and eggs as a protein source. The eggs have vitamin B12 which cannot naturally be found elsewhere in as much quantity, so I have kept them in my diet for health reasons. I eat them raw.

I also eat fish for the fat content. While omegas can be found in a variety of other vegetarian sources, fish oils have been known to have enormous benefits for the body by lubricating joints, helping brain function, support organ function, and more.

One thing I'll say is avoid soy. Even easterners don't have that much of it. Maybe 5-10g a day or something very small. Soy has properties in it that will mess with your hormonal system. Sure they're loaded in protein, but there's too much controversial data on it for me to trust it in regular consumption.

I eat lots of squash and sweet potatoes and brown rice. I'm about 180lbs of lean muscle. Everywhere I go people say "You're a vegetarian?!?!" I COULD gain more weight if I wanted but I like my size. Squash is a good source of antioxidants, calcium, iron and phytonutrients. The starchy content will help you gain size too.
      Brown rice goes through less processing than white rice, so it's nutritionally superior to it. It is high in manganese, and has good amounts of selenium and magnesium. It also has B vitamins.

I also eat buckwheat. It's not actually a wheat, but a seed from the rhubarb family. It has eight essential amino acids and a good source of protein.It's also high in vitamins E & B, has calcium and manganese. It's gluten free and alkalinizes the blood.
      You cook it in a 3 cups water to 1 cup buckwheat ratio.

And eat hemp. It contains all 10 essential amino acids, has anti-inflammatory properties, has a high level of vitamins and minerals, antioxidants and is alkaline forming. This is great for you: eat it. Even if you aren't a vegetarian, it's great.

I also try to eat as much raw food as I can. I'll cook the very starchy vegetables, but for the most part, I'll eat nuts, fruits and vegetables totally raw.
      I could go on forever. Any questions?
      Toadstool
      Last edited by Toadstool; 03-28-2013, 01:31 PM.
      "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
      Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
      Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
      As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

Originally posted by Toadstool View Post
        I'm a vegetarian. I only eat fish and eggs as a protein source. The eggs have vitamin B12 which cannot naturally be found elsewhere in as much quantity, so I have kept them in my diet for health reasons. I eat them raw.

I also eat fish for the fat content. While omegas can be found in a variety of other vegetarian sources, fish oils have been known to have enormous benefits for the body by lubricating joints, helping brain function, support organ function, and more.

One thing I'll say is avoid soy. Even easterners don't have that much of it. Maybe 5-10g a day or something very small. Soy has properties in it that will mess with your hormonal system. Sure they're loaded in protein, but there's too much controversial data on it for me to trust it in regular consumption.

I eat lots of squash and sweet potatoes and brown rice. I'm about 180lbs of lean muscle. Everywhere I go people say "You're a vegetarian?!?!" I COULD gain more weight if I wanted but I like my size. Squash is a good source of antioxidants, calcium, iron and phytonutrients. The starchy content will help you gain size too.
        Brown rice goes through less processing than white rice, so it's nutritionally superior to it. It is high in manganese, and has good amounts of selenium and magnesium. It also has B vitamins.

I also eat buckwheat. It's not actually a wheat, but a seed from the rhubarb family. It has eight essential amino acids and a good source of protein.It's also high in vitamins E & B, has calcium and manganese. It's gluten free and alkalinizes the blood.
        You cook it in a 3 cups water to 1 cup buckwheat ratio.

And eat hemp. It contains all 10 essential amino acids, has anti-inflammatory properties, has a high level of vitamins and minerals, antioxidants and is alkaline forming. This is great for you: eat it. Even if you aren't a vegetarian, it's great.

I also try to eat as much raw food as I can. I'll cook the very starchy vegetables, but for the most part, I'll eat nuts, fruits and vegetables totally raw.
        I could go on forever. Any questions?
        Seems like you know what you're talking about. I'd hate to budge in, but, I suffer from some bad cystic acne. I've been trying to regulate my diet and eat much healthier. I NEVER drink soda anymore, and I rarely eat fast food. I've been including a lot more vegetables and fruits into my diet, and nuts. I have also been making smoothies every morning that contain about a cup of fruit and a cup of vegetables, 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, 1 tablespoon of maca powder, and omega-3 chia seed and flax oil.

Is there anything I can do to help out my situation. I try to exersie on a regular basis, but it's been hard for me to lately, especially after surgery. If you can help in anyway, I'd greatly appreciate it. I don't know what else to do. I've tried EVERYTHING.
        BPEL: 5.0 , 5.2 , 5.4 , 5.6 , 5.8 , 6.0 , 6.2 ,
        EG:4.75 , 5.0 , 5.2 , 5.4 , 5.6

Comment

Originally posted by Thirdeye View Post
          Seems like you know what you're talking about. I'd hate to budge in, but, I suffer from some bad cystic acne. I've been trying to regulate my diet and eat much healthier. I NEVER drink soda anymore, and I rarely eat fast food. I've been including a lot more vegetables and fruits into my diet, and nuts. I have also been making smoothies every morning that contain about a cup of fruit and a cup of vegetables, 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, 1 tablespoon of maca powder, and omega-3 chia seed and flax oil.

Is there anything I can do to help out my situation. I try to exersie on a regular basis, but it's been hard for me to lately, especially after surgery. If you can help in anyway, I'd greatly appreciate it. I don't know what else to do. I've tried EVERYTHING.
          I looked up your condition on wikipedia Acne vulgaris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and while diet MIGHT be the cause, there are other reasons why it could be happening.

Have you spoken to a doctor about this?

Comment

I looked up your condition on wikipedia Acne vulgaris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and while diet MIGHT be the cause, there are other reasons why it could be happening.

Have you spoken to a doctor about this?
            I've spoken to and been to and tried more medicines than I can count on both hands and feet I swear. Some say it's hormonal acne, some say it's my diet (before I changed it up), some say it is lack of exercise, some say its just genetics (mother had it bad as well when she was younger, as did my older brother). I don't know what else to do..

Some also say it could be from stress and anxiety. I have had really bad depression because of my face and what's going on my with my dick, it's really hard to keep a positive attitude through it all, in hopes of being uplifted, it'll heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirdeye View Post
              I've spoken to and been to and tried more medicines than I can count on both hands and feet I swear. Some say it's hormonal acne, some say it's my diet (before I changed it up), some say it is lack of exercise, some say its just genetics (mother had it bad as well when she was younger, as did my older brother). I don't know what else to do..

Some also say it could be from stress and anxiety. I have had really bad depression because of my face and what's going on my with my dick, it's really hard to keep a positive attitude through it all, in hopes of being uplifted, it'll heal.
              I don't know if this would be effective at all, but have you tried spending some time in an IR sauna? It might get your body sweating to clear up your pores. But ... then again, if what you have are cysts, then I don't know how effective that would be.

I'll keep my eyes open for any acne-related diet advice and let you know. I personally have clear skin so haven't payed much attention to it. Sorry man

Comment

I don't know if this would be effective at all, but have you tried spending some time in an IR sauna? It might get your body sweating to clear up your pores. But ... then again, if what you have are cysts, then I don't know how effective that would be.

I'll keep my eyes open for any acne-related diet advice and let you know. I personally have clear skin so haven't payed much attention to it. Sorry man
                I did do a steam sauna at a gym almost every day for about a month straight. It did seem to help, but that gyms membership costs way too much.
                I appreciate the help though. Let me know if you find anything, because I've been looking for forever.

Comment

After gym ...the best foods are after gym is milk. You can also try eggs. These foods may really help you and increase your energy level.
                  pilates gold coast
                  Naseebo
                  Last edited by Naseebo; 07-01-2013, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Omg the website livestrong is my savior for diets and meal planning! I also use their app to track calories. My roommate is a vegetarian and she has found great recipes on the site. Good luck to you! Make sure u take a multivitamin a day too.
                    My program: Penis Advantage and Bulge Band. EL: +1.0 EG: +.25

Comment

A lot of good advice has been covered already. I'd like to add the benefits of supplementing creatine for vegetarians. Creatine is naturally occurring in foods, but almost exclusively in meats, so vegetarians will typically benefit from a creatine supplement. I think quinoa should DEFINITELY be a staple of any vegetarian diet as well. It is VERY high in protein for a grain, and It's protein has a similar molecular structure to protein found in meat. So one can reap much of the benefits of meat protein without actually consuming the meat.

Comment

Healthy eating is not about strict nutrition philosophies, staying unrealistically thin, or depriving yourself of the foods you love. Rather, it’s about feeling great, having more energy, stabilizing your mood, and keeping yourself as healthy as possible– all of which can be achieved by learning some nutrition basics and using them in a way that works for you. You can expand your range of healthy food choices and learn how to plan ahead to create and maintain a tasty, healthy diet.
                        WATER FILTER REVIEWS AND INFORMATION

Comment

cereals
                          wheat
                          rice
                          milk
                          soya beans
                          spinach
                          oranges

Comment

If you want to looking the best veterinarian diet website for you, then I recommend to you that you should go with webmd online site which provide a great recipes and other diet plan.
                            boot camp testimonials

Comment

Argan Oil can be easily added to your diet. Served by itself the oil makes the perfect dipping sauce for your bread or crudités. can also be used as a supplement to cook with or serve over a salad. The roasting brings out a nutty flavor in the oil making it a delicious addition to your diet.
                              Monirul
                              Last edited by Monirul; 09-04-2013, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X