Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Motivation

Hello Peeps,

So today was my first day at GYM after almost three and a half years break. I worked out for about 4 months when I was 18 but had to quit because of the knee injury I suffered from soccer followed by an ankle injury. I didn't work out after that for obvious reasons and then slowly the motivation faded. Then I discovered PE and it became my passion (still is). But I want to live a healthy lifestyle so I decided to go back to GYM.

I just wanted to share this because I really don't have anything better to do at the moment and I am kinda sad. My first day was awful I discovered that I am very weak physically. Weights I was using embarrassed me. I didn't look around to see if anybody was noticing me but I expected a lot more from myself. I'd get tired 5 reps into the set. I know my body but today was just a bad day. I remember doing a lot better when I was 18 and I should have gained strength because that's what you do as you grow up but I haven't My strength has actually diminished.

My goal is to have a lean and toned body with minimum body fat. I converted to Vegetarianism a while ago. Do you think that's what caused me loose strength? I thought I made a good choice going vegetarian. I plan on staying this way because I like it.

Q: Is there anybody here that can relate to it and can provide me a good diet plan?
    Q: I also formed a routine of my own, where can I get a good beginner's routine which is easy on me since I work and have school?

Thanks for replying
    Cris
    "When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

I'm on a phone so there may be strange spelling errors. Firstly, if you're motivated enough, nothing should be able to stop you from working out. It sounds like you used the leg injuries as excuses to stop working out. Injuries like that make me work harder. Take your injuries to the pool and lightly exercise them while working everything else out normally in a gym setting. Quitting because of a leg injury implies a level of laziness that will never be able to attain a toned body.

You will not be able to become toned as a vegetarian. Well, you might, but it will be astronomically more difficult. Are you okay with eating eggs? Also, if you haven't lifted in a while, you won't be as strong and will have to start over again with lighter weights. You've got the muscle memory though, so with a proper diet full of protein, you could be back to your normal self in a matter of weeks. I'm not talking powder protein either, you need the real stuff. Chicken, fish, eggs. Food like that. However, if you're a true vegetarian and you stick to the right supplements and maintain a healthy exercise routine (something akin to p90x as that isn't too rigorous of a program), you should already be incredibly toned, that is unless you're swimming in excess nastiness like dressing. Here's a quick tip: never eat dressing again, instead, add some avocado to your salads and its natural and healthful oils will act as a dressing. Stick with things like that.

At the end of the day you need to ask yourself this: what kind of toned body do I want? Do you want the skin and bones type? Do you want a lean, athletic type? Or do you want an incredibly muscular physique with little in the way of fat?
    Starting: 4/2/2013
    BPEL: 7.5"
    MEG: 5.25"
    BEG: 6"
    BPFSL: 8.1"

Current:
    BPEL: 8.25"
    MEG: 5.5" (-.25")
    BEG: 6" (-.25")
    BPFSL: 8.75"
    NBPEL: 7.75"

My Log

Comment

I think you are right. I kind of did use my injuries as an excuse. But I am motivated enough, it was just a shock, quiet honestly. I didn't understand why I couldn't have a toned body just because I am a vegetarian? I always watch out for fat (no candy, soda, fast food and other funny stuff). Doesn't that mean I don't need to focus on that and I go straight into toning my body? I am kinda skinny and have never had any issue with weight. But I do understand the importance of proteins. I have been looking all over the internet for a good balanced diet and a workout routine.

I want a slim yet toned body with the minimum amount of fat, if that makes any sense?
      "When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Comment

What was the leg injury, is it still affecting you?
        Vulcan
        7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
        5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

I tore my left knee ligaments, It is not actually. Its been almost four years.

Comment

Working...
          X