Best bicep routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best bicep routine

I work out a lot, but whatever I do, I can't grow any big biceps .. I eat like 1,5 grams proteins per pound of bodyweight. I try to eat as healthy as possible. I eat pretty healthy except for the beers in the weekends.

I do 2 exercises for my biceps combined with back-exercises (I do split routines). These 2 exercises are: 21's and barbell curls.

Can someone give me a good bicep routine? Some tips?

Two for me isnt enough and doing 21s and barbells I dont think is the way to go and in some dumbell concentration curls
    Wanna be bigger than big

Comment

Also I cant ever train my back with biceps its always too much for my arms I do chest bicep back tricep
      Wanna be bigger than big

Comment

What size are your arms? And focus on the triceps.
        Cause I'm TNT, I'm Dynamite :boxing::aikido:

Got nine lives...used six already!! :angel:

Comment

I have no idea what size my arms are .. Not big, trust me. I never really measured my physique, always used the mirror as a guideline .. I'm back at training for about 7 weeks now, and I have to say those 21's and barbell curls definetly hit my biceps, but I never get that huge pump in there ..

The rest of my body grows good, except the biceps. Perhaps I should start back/triceps and chest/biceps like averagedick. I did concentration curls in the past and although it can be a very good exercise, it just doesn't do that much for me. Perhaps my form is fucked up.

Comment

Measure and tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by camaro View Post
              Measure and tell me.
              Sorry, but why?

Comment

If you are some 17 in, then they won't grow too much.If you are 12 in there is much scope for growth.

Comment

do barbell curls: 4/5 times 10 reps
                  seated dumbell curls: 4/5 times 10 reps
                  preacher curls: 4/5 times 10 reps

You can do it after back, that's how I had dne it for many years.
                  02/10/12: NBPEL: 6,75" (17cm) MidEG: 4,75" (12cm)
                  04.04.13:
                  NBPEL: 7.25" (18,4cm) MidEG: 5" (12,7cm)

Comment

Triceps are a big part of your overall arms and they are bigger muscle than biceps so focus on your triceps too.

Cut the beer just empty calories that will lead to fat gains.

For biceps focus on your form and it is not about how much you can curl when you use mostly your back and your swinging.

Mix things up use normal dumbell curls or ez bar curls then add concentration curls and even try overhead bicep curls with cables.

Mixup the exercises but keep the compounds like barbell curls always.
                    PurpleOnes
                    Member of the Month June 2014
                    PEGym Hero
                    Last edited by PurpleOnes; 10-19-2013, 11:44 AM.
                    Start: 8/2013: BPEL: 6.3" EG: 5.1"
                    Current: 9/2020 BPEL: (8.3 inches BPFSL: 8.9 "* MEG: 5.9
                    The Goal: BPEL: 9 inches EG: 6.5"

My journal: PurpleOnes Journal

Comment

You work out 7 days a week? Spermy, how many of those days are arm days? How long have you been doing the the 21's and the curls?
                      "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
                      Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
                      Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
                      As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

Add hammer curls and pull ups (palms facing you) as well, focus on slow positives (lifting) and slow negatives (dropping). Eat more spinach as well.
                        Restart [4/17/16] 7.5 BPSFL • 7.25 BPEL • 5.125 USEG • 5.75 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG (not valid)
                        Goal 1 [7/17/16] 7.75 BPSFL • 7.5 BPEL • 5.25 USEG •
                        6 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG

Comment

Spinach is not good as it seems.

It contains non heme iron which is harder to absorb that heme iron which you get from animal sources like beef.

Spinach contains oxalic acid which decreases absorption of iron.
                          Start: 8/2013: BPEL: 6.3" EG: 5.1"
                          Current: 9/2020 BPEL: (8.3 inches BPFSL: 8.9 "* MEG: 5.9
                          The Goal: BPEL: 9 inches EG: 6.5"

My journal: PurpleOnes Journal

Comment

Dry spinach contains oxalic acid; that's why I steam mine and drain out the liquid. It works for me, I eat both beef and spinach though.
                            Restart [4/17/16] 7.5 BPSFL • 7.25 BPEL • 5.125 USEG • 5.75 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG (not valid)
                            Goal 1 [7/17/16] 7.75 BPSFL • 7.5 BPEL • 5.25 USEG •
                            6 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG

Comment

Heavy weighted pullups and chinups.

Comment

Working...
                              X