The Daily Fitness Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Daily Fitness Challenge

With this thread im going to be posting daily challenges that i am doing my self. I will try to remember to update it daily. Some might be monthly challenges weekly or daily depends on what me and my workout group comes up with. It might be multiple things. So lets go fitness addicts and people who want to get into shape. After you do or attempt the challenge post your results and keep trying until you beat the challenge.

Todays Challenge is called 5MD

You have 5 minutes to do 100 pushups and 50 pullups. No cheating and full range of motion no half assed ones.
    BPEL- 8.25
    MEG-5.75
    BPFSL- 8.50
    NBPEL-7.00
    BEG- 6.25
    https://www.pegym.com/forums/members...-3-months.html

"If I told you I was good you'd probably think I was boasting, if I told you I was no good you'd know I was lying" - Bruce Lee

Narrow reverse grip pull-ups? Can you alternate as long as both targets are met?
    25/01/14: BPEL 6'' * 5.1'' .......... 25/03/14: BPEL 6.3'' & 5.1

31/10/14: BPEL 6.5'' & 5.3 .......... 02/03/15 BPEL 6.75'' * 5.5''

10/01/16: BPEL 6.9'' * 5.4''

07/03/16: BPEL 7.1'' * 5.5'' - Including various breaks here and there

Comment

Originally posted by ProGasmDave View Post
      Narrow reverse grip pull-ups? Can you alternate as long as both targets are met?
      Any kind of pullup as long as it is a full range of motion all the way down to straight arm and back up to chin over bar. NO CROSSFIT PULLUPS lol. Those are so fake
      BPEL- 8.25
      MEG-5.75
      BPFSL- 8.50
      NBPEL-7.00
      BEG- 6.25

"If I told you I was good you'd probably think I was boasting, if I told you I was no good you'd know I was lying" - Bruce Lee

Comment

Todays challenge is to do 50 pushups without stopping. No cheating
        BPEL- 8.25
        MEG-5.75
        BPFSL- 8.50
        NBPEL-7.00
        BEG- 6.25

Comment

Is there an age allowance here ?

Comment

You mean like the older you are the less you have to do lol. Naw we all in the same boat haha. Give it a shot i did this for a week straight it was really tough
            BPEL- 8.25
            MEG-5.75
            BPFSL- 8.50
            NBPEL-7.00
            BEG- 6.25

Comment

Originally posted by lclutchl View Post
              With this thread im going to be posting daily challenges that i am doing my self. I will try to remember to update it daily. Some might be monthly challenges weekly or daily depends on what me and my workout group comes up with. It might be multiple things. So lets go fitness addicts and people who want to get into shape. After you do or attempt the challenge post your results and keep trying until you beat the challenge.

Todays Challenge is called 5MD

You have 5 minutes to do 100 pushups and 50 pullups. No cheating and full range of motion no half assed ones.
              OK this was my first attempt and after 30 minutes of boxing and I managed 15 pull-ups and 60 press-ups in total. Like PE I am hoping for a marked increase next time I try!

Comment

Originally posted by ProGasmDave View Post
                OK this was my first attempt and after 30 minutes of boxing and I managed 15 pull-ups and 60 press-ups in total. Like PE I am hoping for a marked increase next time I try!
                Great job. thats a great start to be honest. Keep on until you hit it.
                BPEL- 8.25
                MEG-5.75
                BPFSL- 8.50
                NBPEL-7.00
                BEG- 6.25

Comment

Why don't you just go to the gym?

Doing push ups will not add anything significant as far as mucle mass.
                  Start: 8/2013: BPEL: 6.3" EG: 5.1"
                  Current: 9/2020 BPEL: (8.3 inches BPFSL: 8.9 "* MEG: 5.9
                  The Goal: BPEL: 9 inches EG: 6.5"

My journal: PurpleOnes Journal

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleOnes View Post
                    Why don't you just go to the gym?

Doing push ups will not add anything significant as far as mucle mass.
                    You honestly do not know what your taking about, no offense. You can gain mass doing calistenics . It's very benifical and underrated. To each their own.
                    BPEL- 8.25
                    MEG-5.75
                    BPFSL- 8.50
                    NBPEL-7.00
                    BEG- 6.25

Comment

In 5 minutes!?... Is that even possible?... I would die trying.

A/B

Comment

Originally posted by actionbuddy View Post
                        In 5 minutes!?... Is that even possible?... I would die trying.

A/B
                        I would be in an ambulance, huffing O2. lol
                        You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

You honestly do not know what your taking about, no offense. You can gain mass doing calistenics . It's very benifical and underrated. To each their own.
                          I would disagree since using weights is far more superior than doing pushups.Trust me I know what I'm talking about. Bigger part is your diet though.
                          Start: 8/2013: BPEL: 6.3" EG: 5.1"
                          Current: 9/2020 BPEL: (8.3 inches BPFSL: 8.9 "* MEG: 5.9
                          The Goal: BPEL: 9 inches EG: 6.5"

My journal: PurpleOnes Journal

Comment

Agree with PurpleOnes here. Going to the gym 3 times a week for about 50min-1h will give you much better results. Doing some exercises here and there wont be beneficial. Although, doing as you do will help your tecnique and maybe something on your mucles's mass. 1-4 reputitions are for strenght, 4-6 for both, 8-10 for mass. Doing more than 10 will make the mass bigger, as the liquid in your muscles will build up.
                            “I keep six honest serving men (they taught me all i knew); Theirs names are What and Why and When And How And Where and Who.” - Rudyard Kipling

Comment

What about slow and fast twitching muscles?
                              Start(11.24.11) BPEL 6 7/8 EG 4 7/8
                              Current stats

Comment

Working...
                              X