Vitamin e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitamin e

My doc has taken me off vitamin e. He says the latest research downplays its

effectiveness. I am curious if any members have heard or read about similar takes

on this vitamin.

Going411by7

source:What Vitamins to Take, What to Skip, and How to Know the Difference

Vitamin E

Vitamin E is a good example of a vitamin where supplements might actually be oversupplementing us. One meta-analysis from 19 clinical trials found that vitamin E actually increased overall mortality at doses greater than 150 IU per day. Vitamin E supplements are often sold at 400 IU and up. At even higher doses above 1500 IU per day, vitamin E can prevent blood from clotting and counteract vitamin K.

Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
    Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Hey G4!

Long time no hear. My endocrinologist echoed the same as Dangler's article. However, you can cut open the gel tabs to rub the oil onto sores and bruises to aid in healing.
      Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
      12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
      12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
      01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
      01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
      01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
      Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

I have posted many times about this subject.

Short answer, THOSE MEDICAL STUDIES ARE BULLSHIT. And the reason for that is that the vitamin used for that are a synthetic form that is NOT HEALTHY, NOR EASILY ABSORBABLE FOR THE BODY. Since synthetic form is not easy to absorb, companies use higher doses. In return, they can have harmful effects on health.

Natural food derived vitamin E is composed by 4 tocopherols and 4 tocotrienols. It is perfectly healthy and is an ESSENTIAL nutrient for the human body.

Do not listen to a doctor, they are not trained nor qualified in nutrition. They are trained only in allopathic reduction. Is like asking a plumber about a leak in the car. If you need medical assistance in nutrition you must visit a certified Naturopathic Doctor.

A doctor is basically telling you that a natural nutrient, a nutrient of which the human body is composed of, is dangerous, while a synthetic drug, created by humans, a drug that is incompatible with the human body, is safe.
        Last edited by Jackxxx; 06-09-2016, 01:13 PM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia16kPWXnOM

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_0oJMauGtg

Comment

Thanks for the input, men!! As always, natural food is better for you. I always check

to make sure I am not taking synthesized supplements. I know the fish oil caps

lowered my triglycerides dramatically.

Comment

Working...
              X