Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHS doctor wants me to have a circumcision...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHS doctor wants me to have a circumcision...

I saw a urlogist at the NHS, UK. Basically i have severe phimosis, the gap where you can see your glands is less than 1cm in diameter. I'm wondering if any of you have been in the same situation. I'm hoping to get a loose circumcision of which is not meant to be as bad as the full one. What do you guys think? I mean i've tried the stretching creams and stretching.
    Anyone had a loose circumcision or know if you can have one instead of the full for phimosis.
    Thanks

Circumcision is never the appropriate remedy for Phimosis without some underlying diagnosis.

The standard of care is to use several months of gentle finger stretches with steroidal ointment. Only if that fails consider surgery. The surgery would be bi-lateral dorsal slit with transverse closure, which amputates nothing.

So how many months did you stretch and how? And how did you measure progress or lack thereof? What were your numbers? Have you looked at Phimosis treatment foreskin stretcher ?

You should probably report your doctor.
    Foreskin Restoration, PE, Peyronies, and Phimosis solutions are my life's work.

Comment

Originally posted by stevew View Post
      I saw a urlogist at the NHS, UK. Basically i have severe phimosis, the gap where you can see your glands is less than 1cm in diameter. I'm wondering if any of you have been in the same situation. I'm hoping to get a loose circumcision of which is not meant to be as bad as the full one. What do you guys think? I mean i've tried the stretching creams and stretching.
      Anyone had a loose circumcision or know if you can have one instead of the full for phimosis.
      Thanks
      Very similar situation to yourself. I couldn't even see any of my glans, it was like an mini elephant trunk on the end of my dick. So I went to the doctors and requested one.
      I did a lot of research on line and made sure I was getting the right sort of operation, making sure they would leave the frenulum intact (very important!).
      I don't regret having it done but I think I would have opted for trying to stretch it with exercises instead if I had known at the time. It was really painful when I would awake in the night from an erection, really painful! Also my stitches popped, the pressure bandage came off and my knob swelled out to look like a purple cricket ball and I got an infection. So a very unhappy month that was.
      Everything turned out alight in the end. I haven't lost any sensation (although apparently this is not the norm) and this may be because I moisturise the glans twice a day.
      It's up to you at the end of the day. Just make sure you research thoroughly and talk properly to your urologist and surgeon and make sure you know exactly what they are going to do. Don't rush into it if you think you might regret it later.
      That was my own experience and that of others seem to vary greatly.
      The Newt's Progress

Comment

I had phimosis. I did stretching for couple of months and it loosened up a bit, but it's when I started have sex regularly without a condom that my foreskin really loosened up. I can pull it back completely when I'm erect even thought it still pulls the head a little towards the back.
        Starting STATS(10/19/2012)
        6-6.25 BPEL
        4.5 MEG

Current STATS(4/2/2017)
        7.25 BPEL
        4.875 MEG

Comment

Originally posted by stevew View Post
          Thanks
          Circumcision can never be recommended except for irreparable physical trauma, cancer on the foreskin, gangrene of the foreskin, and severe frostbite of the foreskin.

One simply cannot trust a doctor to do what you want.

You are blessed with a highly innervated, highly erogenous foreskin. Many guys would envy your foreskin.

Adult circumcision is an irreversible, elective surgical operation to injure the penis and reduce its size and sensation by cutting off the nerve-laden sexually sensitive, erogenous foreskin. Once it is removed you cannot get it back. Adult circumcision is usually performed with a general anesthetic however local anesthetic may be used. Like all surgical operations, it has risks of hemorrhage, infection, and surgical mishap. Loss of the penis has been known to occur. Death has been known to occur.

The appearance of the penis is changed. A scar is a permanent effect of circumcision.

Circumcision scar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The cost is about $2,500-$3,000 in the United States. Circumcision may be carried out under local or general anaesthesia.

The foreskin is a complex double-layered structure composed of smooth muscle fiber, skin, mucosa, nerves, arteries, and veins. It is natural, normal, healthy, and its possession contributes to a sense of well-being. The foreskin has protective, sensory, sexual, and immunological functions. It is loaded with nerves and is the site of most of the penile sensation. The foreskin is a “specific erogenous zone.” The foreskin is essential for normal intercourse. Foreskin provides the additional skin needed to allow for penile expansion during erection. Amputation of the foreskin, which is an integral and important part of the penis has very significant adverse sexual and emotional effects.
          Nature put the foreskin there to provide at least fourteen functions:

1. to cover and bond with the synechia so as to permit the development of the mucosal surface of the glans and inner foreskin.
          2. to protect the infant's glans from feces and ammonia in diapers.
          3. To protect against disease causing pathogens.
          4. to protect the glans penis from friction and abrasion throughout life.
          5. to keep the glans moisturized and soft with emollient oils.
          6. to lubricate the glans.
          7. to coat the glans with a waxy protective substance.
          8. to provide sufficient skin to cover an erection by unfolding.
          9. to provide an aid to masturbation and foreplay.
          10. to serve as an aid to penetration.
          11. to reduce friction and chafing during intercourse.
          12. to serve as erogenous tissue because of its rich supply of erogenous receptors.
          13. to contact and stimulate the G-spot of the female partner.
          14. to produce pheromones to excite the female sexual partner.

It is normal to keep the foreskin forward over the head for protection. After the foreskin is amputated by circumcision, the head will be fully exposed and may be very painful.
          Circumcision is an injurious, damaging, destructive, and harmful surgical operation that cuts through nerves and blood vessels that feed blood to the penis. The operation is irreversible. You will have the rest of your life to mourn your loss of your erogenous foreskin.
          The foreskin is filled with nerves that make it the most sensitive part of the human body, therefore, cutting into it is very painful.
          It takes about six weeks to recover from an adult circumcision. One should avoid getting erections. Oral ketoconazole may help to prevent postoperative erections.
          It is normal for the head of the penis to hurt after a circumcision because the protection provided by the foreskin is gone forever.

One will never fully regain the lost protection, sexual function, sensation, and sexual pleasure, even if one restores the foreskin.

If you should become interested in restoring your foreskin, a search on the Internet for “foreskin restoration” will produce lots of information.

Adult Circumcision - American Family Physician

shapiro circumcision on urologybook.com - YouTube

Circumcised at 30 - YouTube

Having sex with a non-retractile foreskin depends on just how tight your foreskin is. If it is really narrow and absolutely won't retract, then you can have penetrative sex without pain. On the other hand, if it just a little bit tight, then it is likely to be forced back during sex and that will hurt because it is tight. In that case, it probably would be better to stretch your foreskin until it glides easily back and forth

It is not necessary to have a foreskin that will retract. Some men live their entire lives with a non-retractable foreskin. They can masturbate, have penetrative sex, get married, and father children with a foreskin that does not retract. Some
          believe that a penis with a non-retractile foreskin has more sensation and that sex is better. One just needs to see that your partner is well lubricated before you attempt penetration. One may need to add some personal lubricant if she does not lubricate.

Adult Circumcision - AskMen

DOC: Foreskin Restoration

Comment

I can only retract the tip of mine but it still hurts so what should I do,stretching it didnt work the urologist told me to get a loose circumcision.

Comment

Originally posted by maxymoon View Post
              I can only retract the tip of mine but it still hurts so what should I do,stretching it didnt work the urologist told me to get a loose circumcision.
              First, find a new urologist. There are steroid creams that can be prescribed that work hand in hand with stretches and other less invasive treatments. Results won't occur overnight, so don't give up yet. Circumcision should be an absolute last resort where your health is at risk (ie: cancer or traumatic injury, etc). True phimosis is extremely rare and can only be diagnosed in adults as the foreskin is fused to the glans in children (average age of retraction is 10, but can be sooner or later). Most cases of phimosis are due to injury, the most common reason is forced retraction as a child, which damages the elasticity of the foreskin by creating scar tissue. Don't give up yet. Get a second opinion from a reputable urologist with experience treating phimosis, preferably a non American one (cultural bias).
              BPEL: 5.5"/EG 4.5" (Starting 10/24/20)
              Goal: BPEL: 6.5"/EG: 5.5"

Comment

Working...
              X