The Da Vinci Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Da Vinci Code

I'm reading this book, for the second time. I loved it then, and I love it now. It's very interesting, media defying, and a great all around thriller.

The movie is coming out soon. I can't wait.

Anyone else read the book? If so, what did you think about it?
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

I agree. It is an amazing book. I love how it contradicts what I was taught about religion. It is a real mind boggling book that really makes you think what if it is really true and there are people out their trying to protect secrets that could change an entire outlook.

I can not wait to see the movie either!

Comment

Sweety,

As always, you are very right. This book shines a light on a time period that most people don't know about. Now whether this fiction books holds any non-fiction truth is another story. But one thing is for certain, Dan Brown's fictionious claims are very interesting, and even shcoking at some points.

I'll save the spoiler for another post in this thread, but I'll leave this as a warning: If you haven't read the book/seen the movie -- and you plan on reading it in the future -- then don't read on.
      "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I had a conversation with some people about this book today. One person informed me that this book has been under a lot of accusations of plagarism... Apparently there is a book under the title: The Da Vinci Legacy -- with nearly the same exact story line. I'll have to look more into this.

Comment

The book was a very great read. It was intriguing. I didn't like the ending tho. I think it could have been a little better.

Comment

Here is a link to the full-screen movie trailer: http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/thedavincicode/

The movie looks fun. It appears the movie is a little different from the book, as expected.

Lilbigguy,
            Yea, I know exactly what you mean. The first time I read the book I was like: That's it? Nothing more? It seemed like a let down after such a great book.

However, the second time I read it, I knew what was coming. For some reason I enjoyed the ending the second time. I don't know why. Perhaps it was because I had low expectations.

Comment

WOW! Watching that clip really gave me the chills. Dan Brown is such an amazing writer. I think 3 out of the 4 books I have read of his will make it to a motion picture. I mean they have got to be better than all these sequels directors keep making.

Comment

SWEETY, VERY TRUE!

Do We really need 15 Titanic Movies? Makes you think they are running out of things to film.

I have to admit, the preview looks good. I hope my high expectations doesn't ruin it for me.

Comment

Yea, they probably should have stopped at the 14th. But hey, everyone loves DiCaprio.

Anyways, the Da Vinci movie comes out this week. I am guessing it is going to be a pretty big hit. They are surely advertising for it. I see it everywhere -- newspapers, TV, online, etc..

Comment

Did anyone get a chance to see the movie? If so, what are your thoughts/opinons?

Comment

I did get a chance to see the movie. Yes, it was like watching a book, not sure if that is possible, but that is what is was like. I thought it was a good movie. It was a good movie that passed the time, nothing I would think twice about or see again.

Comment

Sweety,

I have to agree with you. I am definitely not eager to see the movie a second time (and this, IMO, is the true factor if it was a good movie or not).

I have to agree with most of the critics. On some accounts the movie was entertaning, but for the most part it was rather dull, to say the least. For a high-action thriller movie, it didn't have a lot of action! National Treasure was a better movie than it, and I was almost certain the DVC would blow it out of the water. But I guess National Treasure had one thing DVC didn't -- Nicholas Cage.

Comment

To be quite honest, the movie sucked -- and that's the nicest thing I could say about it. The book was good, the movie was no better than a D minus. Tom Hanks did us wrong... dam that Tom.

Comment

Roman,

Nice to have you here. You'll get no disagreements out of me. I was really disappointed with the movie. Perhaps they will make another one in 20 years?

Comment

Working...
                            X