Black Lives Matter Movement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Lives Matter Movement?

So yesterday there was a shooting during a BLM protest at my community college. Five police officers were killed durimg an ambush, 14 people injured, the shooter was later killed by police. The assailant, Micah Jihnson, was a disgruntled USMC vet, honorable discharged with no prior criminal history, he said he wanted to hurt and kill white people during negotiations. Later they found a collection of guns, bullet proof vests, and bomb making materials at his house in Misquite Texas. What do you guys think of this?

I've been watching videos of the protest and similar BLM protests from this year, and a lot of them have chants about killing cops and white people. And there have been several recent assaults on people of various races by those in the BLM movement. Even today there were videos and trending posts celebrating these murders and antagonizing police members. It doesn't make sense to me, why would movement like this advocate for violence and expect to see any change? Is it even effective?

I have been following this and several other supposed radical movements since I did a project researching a topless protest movement last year. With BLM, FTM, and several other of these rallies, I'm seeing a disturbing trend of loosely affiliated members resorting to violence to be heard, with no clear goal in mind, and bullying tactics used to manipukate governments to get preferential laws passed. I have also seen a lot of videos online of clueless individuals interrupting public speakers to make it about themselves, "special snowflakes." With all of this in mind, I have yet to see one protest where the first amendment wasn't used to justify these actions.

What do you guys think? Is this a good idea executed poorly or a means of getting preferential treatment for ones own race while ignoring mistreatment of others?

BTW, I meant for this post to spark an intelligent debate and not a racial atgument. If it turns into this the mods have my permission to instantly delete this thread.
    Sex is the great leveler, taste the great divider. - Pauline Kael

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...llas-massacre/
    Read and learn the truth....
    Started: 7 x 5
    Current: 8 inches x 6.25 inches (whole shaft)
    Goal 8.5 x 6.5

Pics. https://www.pegym.com/forums/members...8-56-46-1.html

Comment

I will jump right in here and agree that this should and will be an intelligent debate or the thread will be closed. This can be a very touchy subject, let's keep it civil.
      To totally satisfy a woman sexually is not about having a large penis, it's about being a good lover.

Comment

I think BLM, and many other groups like, are a symptom of political correctness and political correctness' hold over the media and politics as something close to dogma, a new religion for the right-on type. And that's had me thinking, since I saw "whiteprivelegemeans" trending on twitter(still is), that white privilege, or male privilege, or straight privilege, these are now the new original sin, something people can beat you over the head with until you're compliant.
        I think that if you want to find who is responsible for the shootings in Dallas, apart from the perpetrators, a firm finger can be pointed at the media. A heavy bias in selecting on what they report, reporting without gathering all the facts, they feed into this feeling of anger and division in certain communities, and this feeds a victim complex. And so black people(a small minority I might add, but not so small as to be inconsiderate) start believing that nothing is their fault and it can be passed off to the white man.
        And the sad fucking thing is, no matter who gets into the white house, it'll only get worse. Clinton will only to continue about how all blacks are victims and Trump will goad them.
        This sums up BLM for me. A vigil for the Orlando massacre. It's that little laugh at 1:05 that tells me that she's a sociopath, and there are many like her in BLM. Whatever good was originally intended when they started has quickly dried up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0rXfX0Q7WE

Comment

So.... A separate paramilitary group is responsible?

Going back to the shooter... You know this reminds me of several vets I know, as as well as myself, and how angry these veterans are. I think a lot of it has to do with being trained to react with violence for 4 or 5 years, being expected to not show fear or anger, then coming home and not asking for help or getting the right kind of mental help. A lot of the veterans I know have problems with pent up anger and alcoholism, self harm, and violence because of this.

Comment

Well, the mods certainly don't need your permission at all to close any thread.
            In regards to the topic, of course there is no justification for any group calling for violence and racism. None. But in my opinion that is not the real problem. In my opinion the real problem, and a very dangerous one, is the double standard coming all the way from the president. I get the perception, and I am sure most people get the same, that it is "ok" to be a minority and be racist against Whites. It is "ok" for the president and people in government and news channels to mention that "police are killing blacks" when in reality, statistics show that more White people die every year the hands of police. Yet, we don't see any protest about those Whites "killed" by police. But if by any chance an Aryan group was born defending the lives of Aryan people, trust me, not only the government would declare war on it, but even the international community would point it out as a modern atrocity against humanity.

That is what worries me more than the movement. The movement itself from what Ive seen on tv, is composed by people with extremely low education and poor. So far the leaders of the movement can't even hold a normal tv interview. So it looks like they are being used for some sort of agenda that comes not directly from them but from somewhere else.

It is a very sinister situation what we are living right now. In one hand we are not allowed to watch Dukes of Hazard on tv because the car has a heritage flag on the roof, but on the other hand people is allowed to call for police murders and hate against Whites on the street. Why? I would like to hear a logic explanation for that.

Why we can't have a President that unify all Americans under one prosper nation. Somebody that could make the country great again. Why our current president do not fight violence. The police is alone in all of this. Completely alone. The government did not show them support. If we had a government enforcing the law, we would get rid of all these hate organizations just like the KKK was prosecuted and silenced in the past. They still exist, but as far as we see they're not shooting people and calling for mass murders.

Bottom line, for any educated person is not "ok" to have groups of any kind calling for violence and crimes.

Comment

https://youtu.be/M0rXfX0Q7WE
              That's the video I was talking about with the special snowflake. She's not a sociopath, sociopaths don't show that much emotion in the face. She strikes me more as someone with a personality disorder. I'd say narcissistic personality disorder and not just attention seeking tendencies. Real narcissists do not like it when someone else is in the spotlight, and they do not let other people feel any emotion they they do they do not approve of.

Comment

Originally posted by resistor View Post
                I think BLM, and many other groups like, are a symptom of political correctness and political correctness' hold over the media and politics as something close to dogma, a new religion for the right-on type. And that's had me thinking, since I saw "whiteprivelegemeans" trending on twitter(still is), that white privilege, or male privilege, or straight privilege, these are now the new original sin, something people can beat you over the head with until you're compliant.
                I think that if you want to find who is responsible for the shootings in Dallas, apart from the perpetrators, a firm finger can be pointed at the media. A heavy bias in selecting on what they report, reporting without gathering all the facts, they feed into this feeling of anger and division in certain communities, and this feeds a victim complex. And so black people(a small minority I might add, but not so small as to be inconsiderate) start believing that nothing is their fault and it can be passed off to the white man.
                And the sad fucking thing is, no matter who gets into the white house, it'll only get worse. Clinton will only to continue about how all blacks are victims and Trump will goad them.
                This sums up BLM for me. A vigil for the Orlando massacre. It's that little laugh at 1:05 that tells me that she's a sociopath, and there are many like her in BLM. Whatever good was originally intended when they started has quickly dried up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0rXfX0Q7WE
                You just reminded me that a couple of years ago I said to a friend joking that in the future being White, straight and Christian would be a crime lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatDivider View Post
                  Going back to the shooter... You know this reminds me of several vets I know, as as well as myself, and how angry these veterans are. I think a lot of it has to do with being trained to react with violence for 4 or 5 years, being expected to not show fear or anger, then coming home and not asking for help or getting the right kind of mental help. A lot of the veterans I know have problems with pent up anger and alcoholism, self harm, and violence because of this.
                  I may be speaking as an outsider here, but from what I can tell what may feed the dis-illusionment of many vets is the duality of their existence, by which I mean the reality and the romanticised vision of military service shown in the media and military. You have armed forces day, NFL teams showing off their commitment to the forces and vets and all this PR guff, when in reality vets experience what it's like to be disposable, no different from their forebears in WWI who were thrown en masse into enemy fire because their lives weren't held in value by the powers that be.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackxxx View Post
                    You just reminded me that a couple of years ago I said to a friend joking that in the future being White, straight and Christian would be a crime lol.
                    That would be a good movie!

Comment

That is what worries me more than the movement. The movement itself from what Ive seen on tv, is composed by people with extremely low education and poor. So far the leaders of the movement can't even hold a normal tv interview. So it looks like they are being used for some sort of agenda that comes not directly from them but from somewhere else.
                      If I remember correctly, one of the early leaders amongst the BLM movement was Shaun King, and despite denying it at every opportunity, that guy is white. He's probably whiter than me, and I'm a celt for fuck's sake(Or maybe he's just trans-black. It's actually a thing with the Tumblr community, I swear.). It just shows the allure of the opportunity to play the victim for many people.

Comment

Originally posted by resistor View Post
                        I may be speaking as an outsider here, but from what I can tell what may feed the dis-illusionment of many vets is the duality of their existence, by which I mean the reality and the romanticised vision of military service shown in the media and military. You have armed forces day, NFL teams showing off their commitment to the forces and vets and all this PR guff, when in reality vets experience what it's like to be disposable, no different from their forebears in WWI who were thrown en masse into enemy fire because their lives weren't held in value by the powers that be.
                        That that is exactly it was like!

Except there was a lot of brainwashing that went on. They would tell us how we were doing "God's work" and tell us how special we all were, that is is when is when they weren't trying to to tear us down verbally, aka the means week cycle. Then whenever someone snapped or was getting kicked out for legit medical reasons, like caffeine overdose and lack of sleep, they would ignore them completely until they left.

I kid you not, they would encourage us to desert or commit suicide, said jokingly but not, and then turn around and act like that person let them down personally for whatever reason. While I was in bullying was not only tolerated it was encouraged and several young sailors shot themselves on watch. Right in the head, and not one person admitted to driving them to it.

That's what I mean with the brain washing. The military has this way of making you feel like you're worthless for not staying in and retiring. They even told me that I would not be able to find a job outside and made it sound like it was the navy or nobody, absolutely BS.

Comment

Agree...
                          Well, the mods certainly don't need your permission at all to close any thread.
                          In regards to the topic, of course there is no justification for any group calling for violence and racism. None. But in my opinion that is not the real problem. In my opinion the real problem, and a very dangerous one, is the double standard coming all the way from the president. I get the perception, and I am sure most people get the same, that it is "ok" to be a minority and be racist against Whites. It is "ok" for the president and people in government and news channels to mention that "police are killing blacks" when in reality, statistics show that more White people die every year the hands of police. Yet, we don't see any protest about those Whites "killed" by police. But if by any chance an Aryan group was born defending the lives of Aryan people, trust me, not only the government would declare war on it, but even the international community would point it out as a modern atrocity against humanity.

It is a very sinister situation what we are living right now. In one hand we are not allowed to watch Dukes of Hazard on tv because the car has a heritage flag on the roof, but on the other hand people is allowed to call for police murders and hate against Whites on the street. Why? I would like to hear a logic explanation for that.

Why we can't have a President that unify all Americans under one prosper nation. Somebody that could make the country great again. Why our current president do not fight violence. The police is alone in all of this. Completely alone. The government did not show them support. If we had a government enforcing the law, we would get rid of all these hate organizations just like the KKK was prosecuted and silenced in the past. They still exist, but as far as we see they're not shooting people and calling for mass murders.

Bottom line, for any educated person is not "ok" to have groups of any kind calling for violence and crimes.
                          League of Legends ​/ Top Performers / Pull the Chute

My Log / KITJ / KITV / Phallosan Tips / 2014 Challenge Statistics

Comment

I wouldn't even consider BLM to be a movement. It's a few loudmouthed racists who instigated the poor, uneducated which Jackxx pointed out to be flamers of racial hatred. It could well grow into one of America's first homegrown terror cells IMO because they seem to just be haters of everything American. There is nothing peaceful about the assembly of this group. They consistently damage property which the hard working American tax dollars have to pay for. I doubt any of the members of this BLM movement pay taxes, but rather they collect government subsidies which allow them all the time they need to go destroy and loot public property.
                            Don't get me wrong. There have been too many innocent black men killed at the hands of some bad cops. One wrongful death caused by law enforcement is too many. We all know 2 wrongs don't make anything right. But the media of this nation will continue to fan the flames of hate and that is what drives these senseless acts. I don't think our current POTUS has done anything to help the situation as he it too quick to blame law enforcement rather than providing the cool,calmness a true leader of people should possess to effectively diffuse these situations.
                            Aug 2012: BPEL: 6.25", BPSFL: 6.75", MEG: 5.25"
                            Jan 2016: BPEL: 6.75", BPSFL: 6.75", MEG: 5 3/8"
                            4/16/16 BPEL: 7.0", BPSF: 7 7/16"", MEG:5.5

Comment

That reminds me an experiment I came across researching protests. This guy made up something on facebook about a historical landmark being demolished to make way for a parking lot. People got so railed up they started protesting in the streets, group of think took over and group several people were arrested for instigating acts of violence. He did this experiment to show how powerful social media can be, but it ended up showing the psychological state of social groups.

Comment

Working...
                              X