Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• words from

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...57&oe=5821BDB1

Nice. I'm a big fan of kano. I wish he lived in a more video inundated world. The old judo guys had a very impressive way about them when rolling. I think they would slam the modern Champs even with all the advances in strength and conditioning.

Comment

for a quick view -

Words.jpg
      Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
      Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Thank you for posting this
        Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Kano was an impressive person . I have thought on some of the maxims of his . The maxim most efficient use of strength does not just refer to physical strength but any resource . So most effective use of money or time etc . It is an important consideration in business and life . I often think it is a maxim government should take to heart .

In time I became aware how it fit into another well known maxim of his . This maxim is variously translated most commonly as mutual welfare and benefit . This also has numerous sides to it . The implication when training at Judo is that you are not just training to defeat your current opponent but to become a better Judoka and indeed person , not only that but you want your opponent to grow also . A stronger opponent will in time increase your strength also . In application during training this may mean rather than trying to slow down a smaller opponent and apply power on him you try to match his speed . Rather than use your strongest techniques on a technique inferior opponent use the technique you are trying to develop and so on. There are implications also for general life society ,govt etc . Kano was at one time part of the Jap govt his belief was that a stronger society can help create stronger individuals and stronger individuals can help create a stronger society.

Looking back it is surprising that it was not immediately apparent to me that to Kano these maxims were the same in that to him the most effective use of energy was mutual welfare and benefit .

Comment

Ueshiba's interesting also. He got wierd and soft later in life, but in his early days he was allot like kano. Interesting guys.

Comment

Originally posted by gms585 View Post
              Ueshiba's interesting also. He got wierd and soft later in life, but in his early days he was allot like kano. Interesting guys.
              Kano was already well established when Ueshiba appeared and was an active supporter of his. He regarded him as a true martial artist . It should be noted that both of them came from a background of "soft "Jujitsu styles. Both of course were physically capable with Ueshiba being particularly known for his great strength.
              Kano actually sent students to Ueshiba and had the idea to incorporate some of Aikido into JUdo. However he died before he could accomplish it . One of these students Tomiki became one of the top students and on the death of Ueshiba his top 3 students each formed their own style thus Tomiki style . Interestingly Tomiki continued to teach Judo as well as Aikido and an instructor of mine learned Judo from him.

Comment

I rolled for a few years. Always enjoyed it. I tried to find a tomiki aikido school near me but closest one is 8hrs away. I would love to check out aikido but would want a live school.

When I say soft I mean his ideas as a result of ww2 and how he turned aikido into a cult like thing.

Comment

Originally posted by gms585 View Post
                  I rolled for a few years. Always enjoyed it. I tried to find a tomiki aikido school near me but closest one is 8hrs away. I would love to check out aikido but would want a live school.

When I say soft I mean his ideas as a result of ww2 and how he turned aikido into a cult like thing.
                  The more religious aspects of Aikido were taken up by one of the top students and this formed the KI society et al .
                  The Tomiki style was influenced by Judo and is often thought of as more sport inclined . One of the other students created a more martial form . I am told there has been a schism within the religious side of Aikido with one section returning more to the root form.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                    The more religious aspects of Aikido were taken up by one of the top students and this formed the KI society et al .
                    The Tomiki style was influenced by Judo and is often thought of as more sport inclined . One of the other students created a more martial form . I am told there has been a schism within the religious side of Aikido with one section returning more to the root form.
                    Where I live we have 3 aikido schools within reasonable distance and they are all ki society. It's not for me. I don't like religion in my religion, not to mention my sport.

We do have some really good judo schools however. Like everywhere else in America since the rise of ufc bjj schools grow on trees.

I've also heard good things about hapkido. Again no legit schools near me.

Comment

Ahh I can understand, the Ki society people are from a universe far far away .
                      Bjj is actually has descent from Judo and of course Judo ,Aikido and the jujitsu forms are all from the same martial tradition . I often think the most important point is to find an instructor/school you like rather than what it is called .
                      Kano actively supported other martial arts including Aikido ,Karate and staff weapon schools (Jodo etc) . He was actually a master of staff weapons . Chojun Miyagi(Goju ) was actively supported by him.

I take it your background was in Tomiki style ? You might enjoy Judo .

Comment

Actually originally a Tae knuan do / kick boxing gym. Not a mcdojo it was very inner city very alive.
                        Then several years of jujitsu
                        Couple years of judo.
                        I've gotten away from martial arts and more into weights n such, but I miss it. If I go back it will be judo but if their was a legit aikido or hapkido school I'd try that.

Comment

Ok.

Comment

Some thoughts I had once.

Comment

wise words

Comment

Working...
                              X