Why Did Y'All Vote For Trump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Did Y'All Vote For Trump?

I just saw an article where they polled people around the western world on whether they'd vote for Clinton or Trump. These were the results:
    In the UK: 73% vote for Clinton. Australia and New Zealand: 76% for Clinton. Canada: 78% Clinton. In France it was 86%. Germany: 88%

So I'm genuinely curious, if you voted for Trump, why? Also, why do you think America is so different from the rest of the western countries when it comes to politics?

Interesting post-script: in Russia, 77% said they would vote for Trump.
    Feb 2012: 6.2 x 4.8 (BPEL x MEG)

May 2015: 7.3 x 5.2

I could give a rats ass what the rest of the world thinks about American politics and our choice. Let's see how the rest of the world would like us not being around; would it be vodka or chow mein?
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I'm wondering more why we still have these kinds of threads about two weeks after it happened, I was really looking forward to political discussions ending for the most part.

As for the question at hand the same thing could have been asked if Hillary won, the whole election was like watching people doubling and tripling down on stupid. Neither were a good choice, doesn't matter how you spin it.
      Dontrike
      Last edited by Dontrike; 11-23-2016, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Eff politics! Life is fishing, fawking, and food.

Lmao
        You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

I voted for Mr. Trump because I do not agree with the character of Mrs. Hillary Clinton.
          How fair is thy love, my sister, my spouse! how much better is thy love than wine! and the smell of thine ointments than all spices! ~ Song of Solomon 4:10

For things to change, you have to change.” - Jim Rohn, The Art of Exceptional Living

Comment

I grew weary of Politicians from both parties running the country into ruin, padding their own wallets, the endless flow of regulations, and the 'what can we tax next ?' mode of milking the taxpayers.

So a non politician wants a chance. Good.

The Clinton Foundation was a negative, big time.
            Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
            Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

I like my freedom and my rights. The left wants to take control of how we act, what we can say and how our money is spent. I want a minimally invasive government that lets me lead my life the way I want. That's what the founding father of our country wanted.
              To totally satisfy a woman sexually is not about having a large penis, it's about being a good lover.

Comment

Okay so to be serious.
                Do I want a secure border? Yes!
                Do I want lower taxes? Yes.
                Do I want the government running my healthcare? No. Look how well the VA is working out. Why am I paying for maternity care and well baby care when I am way past that?

Do I want business to be allowed to grow and expand and give people jobs without unnecessary regulations? Yes.

Would I want a liar and self serving person in the White House who's only concern is herself and money? No.
                The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

This thread is asking why. It is not an invitation to go off topic (why) and start debating others choices.

Having an open 'space' where other users can say why, without seeing their posts being used to start a flame war debate, keeps people sharing.

Limit your posts to the topic why, and keep things respectful of others & their opinions.

Thanks.
                  Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
                  Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

I didn't vote for Trump. However he is now the President Elect and I can accept that. The only advantage I see in having Trump in office is that he is not beholding to the political hacks, both Democrat and Republican.

Yes, I want lower taxes for the middle class, but I don't believe Trumps policies will achieve that. Yes. I want more secure borders, but a multi billion dollar wall will do little to achieve that goal.

No, I do not want a liar and self serving individual in the Whitehouse, but it seems we elected one.
                    Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
                    12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
                    12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
                    01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
                    01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
                    01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
                    Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Dontrike View Post
                      I'm wondering more why we still have these kinds of threads about two weeks after it happened, I was really looking forward to political discussions ending for the most part.
                      Mainly because Trump is still appointing his presidential cabinet, and those are the people who are for the most part going to be ruling America and influencing the nature of its foreign policy, which of course affects pretty much the whole world.

Comment

Thanks for your replies, everyone. It seems like a mix of classic Republic sentiment (minimal government, lower taxes), dislike of Hillary Clinton for being a long-term, corrupt establishment politician, and specific Trump appeal based on the fact that he is wealthy and therefore supposedly independent and anti-establishment. Can't say I agree with that last point -- how you expect a billionaire from New York City who inherited his fortune to be "anti-establishment" is beyond me -- but still, all up I appreciate getting a bit of an insight into how the Trump phenomenon came to pass.

Comment

To make America great again...
                          Tired of politics as usual
                          Start BPEL 4.9 MSEG 4.7
                          Current ​BPEL 7 MSEG 5.87
                          Goal 8x6
                          Getinbig's progress log
                          Getinbig DP4000 Progress Log

Comment

Originally posted by getinbig View Post
                            To make America great again...
                            Tired of politics as usual
                            Did you ever wonder why? I was wondering why America is not currently great. My life is certainly great. Definitely better than my parent's life.
                            Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
                            12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
                            12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
                            01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
                            01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
                            01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
                            Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Part of me voted for Trump in the hopes that if he won the SJW's would lose their shit, and meltdown all over twitter, and YouTube.

Christmas came early for me this year!
                              Sex is the great leveler, taste the great divider. - Pauline Kael

Comment

Working...
                              X