Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAY 2 - 12 Days of Christmas!

Just a reminder - here's the rules...

For 12 days, I will post a new 12 Days of Christmas thread, with a question.

Answer it, and you'll be entered for a chance to win the prize listed for that day - EASY PEASY! :-D

You'll have until December 19th to enter your reply for each thread. Winners will be announced December 23rd! Winners will be picked randomly from appropriate post responses. (AKA - Replying, "Bah humbug!" will not be counted. :-D) At my discretion, I may post a couple of days early, to account for weekends, etc.

DAY 2 PRIZE - Bathmate Max Out Jelqing Serum

DAY 2 QUESTION - Share a recipe of your favorite holiday food (No links - please copy and paste or type.) and when is this food typically eaten during your celebrated holiday?
    Kimberly
    PEGym.com

Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/pegym

Please don't enter me in the draw but I wanted to add what I love making all my friends and family before Christmas - Christmas pudding!!

It's of course eaten after Christmas dinner on the 25th with either cream or custard.

METHOD

Begin the day before you want to steam the pudding.

Take your largest, roomiest mixing bowl and start by putting in the suet and breadcrumbs, spices and sugar. Mix these ingredients very thoroughly together, then gradually mix in all the dried fruit, peel and nuts followed by the apple and the grated orange and lemon zests. Don’t forget to tick everything off as you go to make sure nothing gets left out.

Next in a smaller basin, measure out the rum, barley wine and stout, then add the eggs and beat these thoroughly together. Next pour this over all the other ingredients and begin to mix very thoroughly. It’s now traditional to gather all the family round, especially the children, and invite everyone to have a really good stir and make a wish!

The mixture should have a fairly sloppy consistency – that is, it should fall instantly from the spoon when this is tapped on the side of the bowl. If you think it needs a bit more liquid add a spot more stout.

Cover the bowl and leave overnight.

Next day stir in the sifted flour quite thoroughly, then pack the mixture into the lightly greased basin, cover it with a double layer of baking parchment and a sheet of foil and tie it securely with string (you really need to borrow someone’s finger for this!). It’s also a good idea to tie a piece of string across the top to make a handle. Place the pudding in a steamer set over a saucepan filled with simmering water and steam the pudding for 8 hours.

Do make sure you keep a regular eye on the water underneath and top it up with boiling water straight from the kettle about halfway through the time. When the pudding is steamed, let it get quite cold, then remove the baking parchment and foil and replace them with some fresh ones, again making a string handle for easy manoeuvring.

Now your Christmas pudding is ready for Christmas Day. Keep it in a cool place away from the light. Under the bed in an unheated bedroom is an ideal place.

On Christmas Day: Fill a saucepan quite full with boiling water, put it on the heat and, when it comes back to the boil, place a steamer on top of the pan and turn it down to a gentle simmer. Put the Christmas Pudding in the steamer cover and leave to steam for 2hrs 15 mins. You'll need to check the water from time to time and maybe top it up a bit. When you are ready to serve the pudding, remove from the steamer and take off the wrapping. Slide a palette knife all around the puddig and turn it out on to a warmed plate. Place a suitably sized sprig of holly on top. Now warm a ladleful of brandy over direct heat and, as soon as the brandy is hot, turn out the flame and ask someone to set light to the brandy using a long match.

Place the ladle, now gently flaming, on top of the pudding - but don't pour it over until you reach the table (if you don't have a gas hob, warm the brandy in a small saucepan). When you do, pour it slowly over the pudding, sides and all and watch it flame to the cheers of the assembled company!

Happy Chrimbo Everyone!
    Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

What no tuna?
      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
        What no tuna?
        Ha 😊 funny enough I've just had pizza for tea tonight but it was chicken tikka masala pizza and I did think I wonder if Cusp has had curry pizza?
        Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

Curry pizza? You're kidding right?

Comment

I promise you I'm not. Would you like me to take a picture of the left overs?

You can have any curry on the deep pan then topped with cheese.

Totally lush x

Comment

Spare me!

Comment

No such luck gorgeous 

IMG_0359.jpg

I feel I need educate you in food... I promise it tastes better than it looks! Such with many things in life.

Comment

I love the plate, I have a platter like that, the pizza? It looks good but I suspect there might be sushi hiding in there, ugh. CUSP is an Admin for a reason.
                  A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

Sorry Party; there was absolutely no reason to make me an administrator other than they ran out of things to do with me.

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
                      Sorry Party; there was absolutely no reason to make me an administrator other than they ran out of things to do with me.
                      Oh no, I've promoted you, because you you haven't been member of the month, Dangler agree. Talk about a Christmas gift.
                      A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

Back to topic dear Party & Cusp....😂😂

Now where are your Christmas recipes?

Comment

Originally posted by Tara123 View Post
                          Back to topic dear Party & Cusp....

Now where are your Christmas recipes?
                          Wow, aren't you sounding so Modish, LOL, ok

so this is something my wife loves, Parmesan bacon onion new Red Potatos. Bacon? How can ya go wrong. Usually make this for Easter, but I'll surprise her with it a couple times a year, like a new vibe.

Well, I really don't have a recipe for this anymore, I wing it every time. But....

I guess 15-20 small new red potatoes, sliced, 8th inch, a small white onion, sliced thin, half head of garlic crushed and diced, salt and pepper to taste. To taste, I hate that in a recipe, sorry. Preheat oven to 375. Butter a casserole dish, layer potato slices, layer onions on top, salt and pepper, then add diced bacon, half pound good, Add a half stick melted butter, drizzled on top. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 min till boiling and the taters are fork tender. So add parmesan cheese, as much as you'd like, sprinkled evenly on top and remove foil. Place back in oven and cook to desired doneness. My wife likes em burnt with crispy bacon on top.

Comment

Lol Party, I thought it was funny as I took us off thread 😊

Great recipe, I think I'll give it a try. I love cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by Tara123 View Post
                              No such luck gorgeous 

[ATTACH]86015[/ATTACH]

I feel I need educate you in food... I promise it tastes better than it looks! Such with many things in life.
                              Looks delicious!!
                              Kimberly
                              PEGym.com

Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/pegym

Comment

Working...
                              X