• Show
Clear All

• Are you a runner ?

no spam here !
    Dangler
    Senior Administrator
    ☼ Wizard ☼
    White Tiger Award 2015
    Last edited by Dangler; 12-31-2016, 07:28 AM.

Hmm so when should someone call themselves a" runner" or a "swimmer " Now many of us would think I can swim 1k (or 1000meters so over 1000 yards ,20 Olympic laps) none stop so I am a swimmer . Well not according to competitive swimmers who seem to have a very different view which might sound pretentious to some . Likewise runners and their view on what they regard as a runner. They can carry on very pretentious for instance on what they regard as a hill .
    Here is one that that I have quantified repeatedly and really nailed down with 2nd/3rd rate competitive swimmers for instance .
    So I am chating about training and how I was a judo guy but I did a variety of training giving my joints a rest did a bit of swimming . Me "did 20 laps (1k) in 20 minutes this morn happy with that" 2nd rate comp swimmer " that's shit you should be doing 20 laps in half that time .
    So follows a period where I really nail them down they mean it literal and yes they do mean a judo guy doing a bit of crosstraining should be able to do 20 laps in 10 min .
    This happened a few times so I did a bit of research which showed they were all not only pretentious but full of bs .

Contrast this with a first class swimmer . Years later I decide to improve my swim skill, I am about to start my stroke improvement lesson as the competitive swimmers are finishing . One comes up to me "good to see you still at it " she says . Oh Christ I say just trying to get old slow rather than fast . "Well it's working" she says good to see people keep training, so many just get fat you look in good shape .

See the difference here, the 1st class swimmer is positive and encouraging .

Comment

Working...
    X