Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. income inequality

Wages

http://inequality.org/wp-content/upl...5736845686.pngSource: A look at pay at the top, the bottom, and in between, Spotlight on Statistics, Page 2, U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics, May 2015

Wages in the United States, after taking inflation into account, have been stagnating for more than three decades. Typical American workers and the nation’s lowest-wage workers have seen little or no growth in their real weekly wages.

http://inequality.org/wp-content/upl...5724727168.pngSource: Economic Policy Institute analysis of Kopczuk, Saez and Song (2010) and Social Security Administration wage statistics, November 2015

Between 1979 and 2007, paycheck income of the top 1 percent of U.S. earners exploded by over 256 percent. Meanwhile, the bottom 90 percent of earners have seen little change in their average income, with just a 16.7 percent increase from 1979 to 2014.

http://inequality.org/wp-content/upl...5724790270.pngSource: Economic Policy Institute analysis of Bureau of Labor Statistics and Bureau of Economic Analysis data, January 2015

Productivity has increased at a relatively consistent rate since 1948. But the wages of American workers have not, since the 1970s, kept up with this rising productivity. Worker hourly compensation has flat-lined since the mid-1970s, increasing just 15.5 percent from 1979 to 2013, while worker productivity has increased 132.8 percent over the same time period.

http://inequality.org/wp-content/upl...5724838484.pngSource: Economic Policy Institute analysis of Bureau of Labor Statistics and Bureau of Economic Analysis data, January 2015

Productivity has increased at a relatively consistent rate since 1948. But the wages of American workers have not, since the 1970s, kept up with this rising productivity. Worker hourly compensation has flat-lined since the mid-1970s, increasing just 15.5 percent from 1979 to 2013, while worker productivity has increased 132.8 percent over the same time period.

They're pinning their hopes on Trump.

I see he's already affected Toyota's share prices knocking 2% off the value of the company within minutes after tweeting if Toyota build a factory in Mexico he will impose a high import tax.
    The name's Tamora...TVR Tamora...with a capital "T".

Lots of living to do yet unseen and a more stories yet untold!

Comment

Obviously, the "trickle down" economy theory doesn't work in practise, as has been proved with the UK economy also.

Comment

What worries me is that aussie seems to be following the American way .
        Aussie has allways learned from other countries but our following of US has me deeply concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamora View Post
          They're pinning their hopes on Trump.

I see he's already affected Toyota's share prices knocking 2% off the value of the company within minutes after tweeting if Toyota build a factory in Mexico he will impose a high import tax.
          If The Trump thinks he can lord it over Toyota, they may just pull out of the USA, now that would be a whole new ball game for Trump, as it would put thousands on the dole queue, now that would shot a big hole in his game plan.

It may be a big market for Toyota but they wont be bossed around, Trump forgets he's not there just yet.

If all this vote rigging comes to the front he will find he could have to fight it all again, and as he's finding out there are things he wants to do that he cant now, as there is no money in the kitty, and if he gets out there and listens he will find out by cutting the trade deals, he will be shutting down a lot of business's who deal with the importing of goods, docks will shut down.

NOWHARD
          Last edited by NOWHARD; 01-06-2017, 05:03 AM. Reason: chage letter

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
            What worries me is that aussie seems to be following the American way .
            Aussie has allways learned from other countries but our following of US has me deeply concerned.
            In what way?

Comment

Originally posted by NOWHARD View Post
              If The Trump thinks he can lord it over Toyota, they may just pull out of the USA, now that would be a whole new ball game for Trump, as it would put thousands on the dole queue, now that would shot a big hole in his game plan.

It may be a big market for Toyota but they wont be bossed around, Trump forgets he's not there just yet.

If all this vote rigging comes to the front he will find he could have to fight it all again, and as he's finding out there are things he wants to do that he cant now, as there is no money in the kitty, and if he gets out there and listens he will find out by cutting the trade deals, he will be shutting down a lot of business's who deal with the importing of goods, docks will shut down.

NOWHARD
              Stating that he knows more than the intelligence service and being told by the outgoing vice President that he needs to "grow up" ain't a great start. Interesting times!

I see that one of the intelligence guys has already resigned.

Be interesting to see how the Toyota thing progresses. I have a feeling it will all blow over like some of his other statements.

Where's the wall? lol

Comment

Worried about the China thing

Comment

Originally posted by NOWHARD View Post

NOWHARD
                  Toyota pull out of the USA, ridiculous. We are their best customer.
                  A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

What income inequality in Australia ? Should sheep herders be paid as much as nuclear scientists ? Baaaaàh !
                    Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
                    Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Wages cannot nor will it ever keep pace with productivity. That is comparing apples to bananas.

All I know is that the poor people here all have I phones with great plans, cable tv and air conditioning.
                      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

The gap exists here because the high earners make a lot, not because the lower earners make little. The poor here still live well. The higher income of someone else is completely irrelevant to their situation. I grew up dirt poor and still had it better than most people around the world.
                        "It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable"

- Socrates

Start: 7 x 5 (BPEL x MSEG)
                        Now: 8.25 x 6.25
                        Goal: 9 x 7

Comment

Well, average wages grew at 2.5 percent in 2016 in the States. How bout other countries? Mine unfortunately didn't, oh the joys of owning your own business.
                          A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangler View Post
                            What income inequality in Australia ? Should sheep herders be paid as much as nuclear scientists ? Baaaaàh !
                            Firstly I am stunned that the US people seem to think this is a desirable stte of affairs.

Ok the aussie income distribution is between euro and US levels . But the general direction of our country including income distribution seems to be in the US direction which I find sad.
                            I would like to see it head in a euro direction on income distribution perhaps not Scandinavian levels but you get the gist .

I had hoped this thread would stimulate discussion between the US members on this topic but you all seem to agree with it so meh.

Comment

What did you expect? I'm so sick and tired of underachievers in this country bitching about what they make. They fail high school, they do dope, they knock or get knocked up by the next one that comes along and then expect the tax payer to foot the bill. Am I missing something? Jeez.

Comment

Working...
                              X