Road trip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road trip!

So...I'm planning a month long (hopefully) road trip to the States this summer.

The two routes I have had a look at so far are Route 20 and the obvious Route 66 and am thinking of using Cruise America (who are supposed to be the market leader in the US) to supply the RV.

Being from the UK I'm looking for ideas, advice, tips, tricks and whatever else to make this a trip of a lifetime.
    The name's Tamora...TVR Tamora...with a capital "T".

Lots of living to do yet unseen and a more stories yet untold!

No help with this?

Comment

My house? What do you want to see and know?
      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
        My house? What do you want to see and know?
        Only if you save me some rum and cook a good fillet steak!

Ideas for routes, places not to be missed, best place to rent RV's, tips for being on the road in the US (apart from remembering to drive on the wrong side of the road!), whatnot, whatnot, whatnot.

Comment

There is a lot to see over here and the best way to plan your trip would depend on the type of sites and interests you have. Driving coast to coast putting in 10 hours a day without stopping would take about 2 1/2 days so you can see that planning is everything for a month long trip. What are your interests?
          To totally satisfy a woman sexually is not about having a large penis, it's about being a good lover.

Comment

Cruise America is popular over here and would be your best choice in my opinion.
            To totally satisfy a woman sexually is not about having a large penis, it's about being a good lover.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavalier View Post
              There is a lot to see over here and the best way to plan your trip would depend on the type of sites and interests you have. Driving coast to coast putting in 10 hours a day without stopping would take about 2 1/2 days so you can see that planning is everything for a month long trip. What are your interests?
              Route 20 is supposed to be 3,300 miles long coast to coast, according to my calculations that would mean I have to do an average speed of 130mph to do it in 2 1/2 days! Sure those RV's are that fast Cav?

My interests are many and varied, from sightseeing to adventure sports to theatre.

Comment

Oh.... My... Gawsh!!!!!!
                You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay1983 View Post
                  Oh.... My... Gawsh!!!!!!
                  I'm a coming to get ya Jay!

Boat drinks!

Comment

You need to decide what your interested in. Myself pizza or ribs, I can Google pics of sites to see but I can't taste them.
                    A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamora View Post
                      I'm a coming to get ya Jay!

Boat drinks!

How many times do I gotta tell ya we don't need drinks where I fish!?

Comment

Sorry, that was meant to be 3 1/2 days. I was also talking the East coast starting in an area like around Washington. This also includes using interstate highways. Following Route 20 end to end will take you over 7 days or more to complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
                          You need to decide what your interested in. Myself pizza or ribs, I can Google pics of sites to see but I can't taste them.
                          Well...I can tell you what I ain't interested in Party...seeing you butt naked cooking at the barbecue! Mind you don't burn that sausage matey!

Comment

Originally posted by Cavalier View Post
                            Sorry, that was meant to be 3 1/2 days. I was also talking the East coast starting in an area like around Washington. This also includes using interstate highways. Following Route 20 end to end will take you over 7 days or more to complete.
                            Ever done it Cav? Places not to be missed? Maybe a month is too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamora View Post
                              Well...I can tell you what I ain't interested in Party...seeing you butt naked cooking at the barbecue! Mind you don't burn that sausage matey!
                              Don't burn the buns either!

Comment

Working...
                              X