• Show
Clear All

• How often should one fast ?

<Spam deleted>
    Tamora
    Retired Super Moderator
    Member of the Month Aug 2015
    PEGym Hero
    Last edited by Tamora; 01-29-2017, 03:12 AM.

fast - go without eating. Water ok.

Once a week ?
    Never ?
    Once a month ?
    Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
    Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

The meaning of fast seems to have changed to included missing a meal.

Comment

Depends how long you are fasting for. I practice intermittent fasting a few times a week. This is where I eat dinner around 7:30 and then don't eat for about 15 hours til lunch.

Comment

Before I was pregnant I was fast 16 hours out of every 24.

Basically eat between 12 noon until 8pm.

Really good for weight control and not feeling sluggish in the morning.
          Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

I don't know how people do this...if anything, I'm more a believer in eating more but smaller meals (typically high in protein) throughout the day.

I know if I'm hungry I can't get to sleep/sleep terribly, and if I have to skip lunch for some reason I get migraines and feel terrible and lightheaded until I eat something.
            Original/Current Stats:
            2014-09-01: BPEL 6.8"/NBPEL 6" MEG 5.0", BPFL 5"/NBPFL 4" FG 4.4"
            2019-03-16: BPEL 8"/NBPEL 6.75" MEG 5.2", BPFL 6.75"/NBPFL 5.5" FG 4.5"

Goals:
            Realistic: BPEL 8.5"/NBPEL 7.5" MEG 5.5"
            Optimistic: BPEL 9"/NBPEL 8" MEG 5.75"
            Dream: BPEL 10"/NBPEL 9" MEG 6.5"

Comment

I only consume food for about 4-5 hours, i try to keep it under 6 always....today, im in like hour 10 of 36hour fast, i dont usually do this but figured id do it.

Let me tell yall something bout fasting....this sort of dieting aka warriors diet, or IF, or leangains, is one of the most scientifically studied and science backed diets out there. This actually isnt even a diet.....IF is a LIFESTYLE. Associated with longer and healthier living, fat loss and maintain fat loss, hormone balance, i tihnk i even read that it helps with skin aging, helps with mood and energy stabilization and so much more.

My great grandma died age 108, and till the end she would always stop eating by 6-7pm, and always eat breakfast last...she would wake up, check on the garden, chickens, cook breakfast for others....all of these is ACTIVITY...and then she would eat say around 11-12pm to 6-7pm, around 2-3 meals thats it.....take what u want from this.
              2011 | BPEL: 6.2, EG: 5.1 |
              1/2016 | BPEL: 7.3, EG: 6.0 |
              1/2017 | BPEL: 7.6, EG: 6+ |
              1/2018 | BPEL: 7.8, EG: 6+ |

Follow my Log:

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix7672 View Post
                I don't know how people do this...if anything, I'm more a believer in eating more but smaller meals (typically high in protein) throughout the day.

I know if I'm hungry I can't get to sleep/sleep terribly, and if I have to skip lunch for some reason I get migraines and feel terrible and lightheaded until I eat something.
                u dont understand what IF is...wake up, dont eat for few hours, then u can eat for ~6 hours. Try to have ur feeding hours before sleeping. Going to bed hungry is not smart, and is definitely not a long term success fitness. I used to bodybuild and do what u describe, the smaller but often meals..i used to laugh at people that spoke about fasting and IF/leangains....than i got older and wiser....IF is superior bro; look up leangains diet. This is 100% something to look into
                2011 | BPEL: 6.2, EG: 5.1 |
                1/2016 | BPEL: 7.3, EG: 6.0 |
                1/2017 | BPEL: 7.6, EG: 6+ |
                1/2018 | BPEL: 7.8, EG: 6+ |

Follow my Log:

Comment

Working...
                X