• Show
Clear All

• Thanks dad!

<spam removed>
    Tamora
    Retired Super Moderator
    Member of the Month Aug 2015
    PEGym Hero
    Last edited by Tamora; 03-11-2017, 08:29 AM.

Thanks dad!
    At last a sensible post from a spammer!

What do you thank your father for?
    The name's Tamora...TVR Tamora...with a capital "T".

Lots of living to do yet unseen and a more stories yet untold!

Comment

My father never had much money spare but was very entrepreneurial and tried to start several businesses on his own.

I never ever saw him drunk and although he had a wicked temper that I got the brunt of at times, he did his best under the circumstances for the cards he had been dealt.

He had a great sense of humour and everybody loved Jim. Would I like to be a carbon copy of him? Not really, but the good memories outweigh the bad.

Comment

My Dad, My Dad, My Dad, OK he was a wagon builder and repairer on the LMS side of BR as it was back in the 60's, so a time served carpenter, so yes money was very tight, even my Mum worked to feel the cash void, he was quite handy but could never put things up level, apart from a Cornish holiday never went on holiday with him as his works always had the holiday in early July, it was out of tune with the rest of the UK holiday time so we being in school then, we had a holiday with Mum at Walton on the Naze and had great times, dad come at weekends, he was not your get up and go man and bit of an stickler for things his way, could say a lot more but that was my Dad. OK

NOWHARD

Comment

i really appreciate the time my dad invested into me when i was young. had a lot of fun outdoor adventures with him. hunting, fishing, arrowheads, mining. he taught me how to play card games when i was very young. pinochle at age six. i barely have the patience to play memory with my kids. lol. all good memories, but truthfully after high school my dad stopped doing these things and i miss having an active dad in my life.
          goal--Contentment
          proactive's progress log

Comment

I don't know who my dad is/was but I'm pleased he had sex with my Mam around Christmas /New Year's Eve 1979 😊
            Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tara123 View Post
              I don't know who my dad is/was but I'm pleased he had sex with my Mam around Christmas /New Year's Eve 1979 
              Hey! I was up north around that time!

​Only kidding!

Comment

Damn you got my hopes up there!!

I would of loved to call you 'Daddy' 😉
                Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tara123 View Post
                  Damn you got my hopes up there!!

I would of loved to call you 'Daddy' 
                  Hasn't stopped you so far!

Comment

😂 what can I say... naughty T x

Comment

Okay so what am I missing here or do I not want to know?
                      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
                        Okay so what am I missing here or do I not want to know?
                        I think she's trying to tell me I'm old!

Comment

I guess I never really appreciated the time my father and I had as a kid. YMCA intermutal sports a few years, Indian Guides, our Indian names, he was Full Moon, I was Half Moon. At the time i didn't understand why the men laughed, our names were my dads idea. Not something I would have expected from him, he had a rather dry sense of humor. I always thought these times together were forced on him by my mother. We were never very close, probably because he never hugged me or told me he loved me, still has trouble with it. When I was older we played a lot of golf together, I actually had a good time, I sucked but walking the courses and their design still interests me today. I decided when I had kids the cycle would end, I always hugged them and told them I love them. Still do. I know now he loves me but he never said so and I always felt I disappointed him.
                          A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
                            I guess I never really appreciated the time my father and I had as a kid. YMCA intermutal sports a few years, Indian Guides, our Indian names, he was Full Moon, I was Half Moon. At the time i didn't understand why the men laughed, our names were my dads idea. Not something I would have expected from him, he had a rather dry sense of humor. I always thought these times together were forced on him by my mother. We were never very close, probably because he never hugged me or told me he loved me, still has trouble with it. When I was older we played a lot of golf together, I actually had a good time, I sucked but walking the courses and their design still interests me today. I decided when I had kids the cycle would end, I always hugged them and told them I love them. Still do. I know now he loves me but he never said so and I always felt I disappointed him.
                            Talk to him...tell him you love him.

Comment

My dad loved to drive. He taught me to drive on closed military bases and unfinished roads when I was 13 or 14.

We went on a lot of family driving trips. We drove to Acapulco, Mexico (before the wall) and back twice and around the country on several occasions visiting 46 states. At the time, it seemed a bit boring and dragged out but when looking back on all the sights I have seen across the country, I realize how lucky I was.

The first time I exceeded 100 mph was in Mexico at the age of 16. All you needed back then was an updated vaxination card and a travel permit.
                              not2big
                              Senior Super Moderator
                              PEGym Hero
                              Last edited by not2big; 03-11-2017, 12:43 PM.
                              Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
                              12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
                              12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
                              01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
                              01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
                              01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
                              Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Working...
                              X