This Day in History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Day in History

April 18, 1906, was the day that San Francisco shook. The Great San Francisco Earthquake blasted the city awake, and that, plus aftershocks and a terrible series of fires, managed to destroy the city
    Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
    12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
    12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
    01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
    01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
    01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
    Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

April 18th, 2017. Had my first erection in the hot sun, feels great, and it was tax day. Ironically, same thing April 15th last year, got the picks to prove both. I'm gonna have to reevaluate my feeling about tax day.
    A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

May 18 2017 May is taking us to the polls in the UK, and also had an erection seem to wake up with one each morning lately, shows something is working well.

NOWHARD

Comment

April 20th, Castro announces Mariel Boatlift. 125,000 Cubans reach Florida the next day.
        A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

Did not know about this Party, but looking at the pictures there nearly all men, bit like all the ones coming into Europe, nearly all men.

I wonder why that is?

NOWHARD

Comment

Just like the early Imigrents from Europe to the US. The men came first to get things set up and in subsequent years brought over the rest of the family.
            Fat Pad = 1+/-

Comment

I was surprised Castro let them leave. Guess he learned a little bit from Pharoh.

Comment

April 21st. Rome was founded, the American Civil War began, and Barbie made her debut, and girls all over the world became body dismorfic. Luckily they didn't make Ken anatomicaly correct or I'd still be in therapy after 30 years.

Comment

April 21 i knocked out my sparing partener,done my pe workout and waiting the night to come to bang my ex!The engines are on!SPARTANS GATHER UP!
                  1/2017
                  Bpel:8.39
                  Nbpel:8
                  Eg:5.75

Current
                  Bpel 8.66!
                  Fl:6"
                  Eg:6.1
                  Still growing!!!

Never injured and so proud for it!

Comment

Party Did you not see the news Barbie is having a tough time at the moment, she's losing money, been a very bad year for her, mind you, you don't hear much about Ken these days.

NOWHARD

Comment

Originally posted by NOWHARD View Post
                      Party Did you not see the news Barbie is having a tough time at the moment, she's losing money, been a very bad year for her, mind you, you don't hear much about Ken these days.

NOWHARD
                      Ken has been very busy hanging, jelqing, clamping and pumping. He's a PE God.

Comment

Originally posted by 8.39 View Post
                        April 21 i knocked out my sparing partener,done my pe workout and waiting the night to come to bang my ex!The engines are on!SPARTANS GATHER UP!
                        'I'm Spartacus"

"No, I'm Spar....ah, no, no, I'm NOT, not Spartacus." My mistake delusions of Grandeur. Sorry.

Comment

On this day in 1865, a train carrying the coffin of assassinated President Abraham Lincoln leaves Washington, D.C. on its way to Springfield, Illinois, where he would be buried on May 4. The train carrying Lincoln’s body traveled through 180 cities and seven states on its way to Lincoln’s home state of Illinois.
                          Fat Pad = 1+/-

Comment

On this day in history this happened and we all loved the film, loved the Rawhide song, boy what a way to give yourself a good headache.

NOWHARD

The Blues Brothers make their world premiere on Saturday Night Live

The Blues Brothers make their world premiere on Saturday Night Live

It was Marshall Checker, of the legendary Checker brothers, who first discovered them in the gritty blues clubs of Chicago’s South Side in 1969 and handed them their big break nine years later with an introduction to music-industry heavyweight and host of television’s Rock Concert,Don Kirshner. Actually, none of that is true, but it’s the story that Saturday Night Live‘s Paul Shaffer told on April 22, 1978 as he announced the worldwide television debut of that night’s musical guest, the Blues Brothers—the not-quite-real, not-quite-fake musical creation of SNL cast members Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi.
                            The characters and the band that Belushi and Aykroyd unveiled that night took more than two years to evolve. The first incarnation came during SNL‘s first season, in a January 17, 1976, appearance singing “I’m a King Bee” as “Howard Shore and his All-Bee Band.” There were no dark suits, skinny ties or Ray-Bans at that point, but the appearance did feature Aykroyd on the harmonica and Belushi on vocals belting out a blues classic very much in the style of the future Elwood and “Joliet” Jake Blues, albeit while wearing bee costumes. The Blues Brothers’ look—and much of their repertoire—would come together after Belushi’s trip to Eugene, Oregon, during the hiatus between SNL seasons two and three to film Animal House. It was there that Belushi, a committed rock-and-roll fan, met a 25-year-old bluesman named Curtis Salgado, future harmonica player for Robert Cray, frontman for Roomful of Blues and a major figure on the burgeoning Pacific Northwest blues scene of the 1970s. Belushi became a regular visitor to the Eugene Hotel to catch Salgado’s act during the filming of Animal House, and it was from that act and from Salgado himself that he picked up a passion for the blues as well as the inspiration for the Blues Brothers’ sound and look .
                            Back in New York for the third season of SNL, Belushi and Aykroyd honed their concept for the Blues Brothers Band and recruited an incredible roster of backing instrumentalists drawn from among the finest blues and R&B session musicians in the country. Even if their debut performance on this night in 1978 hadn’t been a huge hit, the band was far too good to break up after a single gig. Indeed, the closing portion of Paul Shaffer’s introduction that night—”Today they are no longer an authentic blues act, but have managed to become a viable commercial product”—ended up being borne out in real life, with the Blues Brothers earning three top-40 hits (“Soul Man,” “Rubber Biscuit” and “Gimme Some Lovin'”), a #1 pop album (Briefcase Full of Blues) and a piece of screen immortality via their 1980 film, The Blues Brothers.

Comment

April 22, 1970 - Earth Day, an event to increase public awareness of the world’s environmental problems, is celebrated in the United States for the first time. Millions of Americans, including students from thousands of colleges and universities, participated in rallies, marches, and educational programs.

Earth Day was the brainchild of Senator Gaylord Nelson of Wisconsin, a staunch environmentalist who hoped to provide unity to the grassroots environmental movement and increase ecological awareness. “The objective was to get a nationwide demonstration of concern for the environment so large that it would shake the political establishment out of its lethargy,” Senator Nelson said, “and, finally, force this issue permanently onto the national political agenda.” Earth Day indeed increased environmental awareness in America, and in July of that year the Environmental Protection Agency was established by special executive order to regulate and enforce national pollution legislation.

On April 22, 1990, the 20th anniversary of Earth Day, more than 200 million people in 141 countries participated in Earth Day .

Let's make the planet great again!
                              not2big
                              Senior Super Moderator
                              PEGym Hero
                              Last edited by not2big; 04-22-2017, 10:36 AM.
                              Fat Pad = 1+/-

Comment

Working...
                              X