Anyone been to the Italian lakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone been to the Italian lakes?

Recommended places to see? Experiences...good or bad?
    The name's Tamora...TVR Tamora...with a capital "T".

Lots of living to do yet unseen and a more stories yet untold!

anywhere around Lake Garda - everyone I know who has been says the whole place is amazing, so don't think you will go to far wrong lol

just asking a couple of friends where abouts they stayed when they went
    batesy16
    Last edited by batesy16; 04-20-2017, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by batesy16 View Post
      anywhere around Lake Garda - everyone I know who has been says the whole place is amazing, so don't think you will go to far wrong lol

just asking a couple of friends where abouts they stayed when they went

Comment

Hi Tam why not just use google earth to look around, best way to go, and so simple to do.

NOWHARD

Comment

Or if you look round the Montepulcian area there is a whole load of lakes, if you do that on Google earth there is a whole load of pictures to look at.
          OK

NOWHARD

Comment

Never been but heard it is absolutely gorgeous!
            League of Legends ​/ Top Performers / Pull the Chute

My Log / KITJ / KITV / Phallosan Tips / 2014 Challenge Statistics

Comment

Tam is this a TVR trip? if so go by the Hook and go straight into Germany then down to the Austrian border with Italy your first toll will just as you come off the Austrian border, and you can give that TVR a good run as you go through Germany, its a great way to drive, and the same when you get on the autostrada , just be careful of Austria, but its a real fun way to drive done that about 6 times there and back to here.

You can do Germany in a day well I can and down to Madana for a pizza and a night stop.

NOWHARD

Comment

Originally posted by NOWHARD View Post
                Tam is this a TVR trip? if so go by the Hook and go straight into Germany then down to the Austrian border with Italy your first toll will just as you come off the Austrian border, and you can give that TVR a good run as you go through Germany, its a great way to drive, and the same when you get on the autostrada , just be careful of Austria, but its a real fun way to drive done that about 6 times there and back to here.

You can do Germany in a day well I can and down to Madana for a pizza and a night stop.

NOWHARD
                Nah, I sold the TVR a few years back when the engine blew, not bad for a brand new car! Plus the damn thing was trying it's best to friggin' kill me!

It was just coming into summer, nice sunny day and I had the roof down and my daughter in the car. We were following a line of traffic and I said to my daughter that the car in front of us sounded pretty rough. She agreed with me and we were listening to this car in front gradually sounding worse and worse. As we approached a filter light the noisy car in front turned right and I turned left. It was then that we both realised that the friggin' awful noise was coming from us!!!!!

Couple of yards further down the road and all the lights on the dash lit up and the bleedin' thing died on me!!! Took them all of the summer to repair the damn thing so missed out on that too. Moral of the story...never buy a TVR with TVR's own engine in it, go for the older ones with the V8 Rover engine!

So...I'll probably be doing Italy (health permitting) in an Audi TT and I'll definitely be looking at your route. So, thanks for the tips!

Comment

My wife loves the look of them, but she loves Celica's and may have shifted her mind to a Soarer was looking at them on Japan car sales site, and Clarkson gave it the thumbs up.

But you aim for Koln for your first stop, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Munchen, Innsbruck, you then just stay on the road down into Austrian border and in to Italy, so your now TT will love it, a good tip is to do Germany on a Sunday there and back why there are no lorry's/trucks on the road but your see the odd one as there emergency ones.

In Italy your get flashed if your in there way on the autostrada lots of times if your in the middle lane, are yes don't hog the middle lane in Germany your get nicked, and watch your speed in Austria or your get nicked again.

NOWHARD
                  Last edited by NOWHARD; 04-21-2017, 03:07 AM.

Comment

See if this helps you why don't find out where you realy want to go and get in touch with there local Ospital and its spelt that way, to see if you can get your treatment why out there, if you have your health card it may be free or would you be charged.

That should give you something to do.

NOWHARD

Comment

See if this helps you why don't find out where you realy want to go and get in touch with there local Ospital and its spelt that way, to see if you can get your treatment why out there, if you have your health card it may be free or would you be charged.

That should give you something to do.

NOWHARD
                      I'm pretty sure having cancer treatment will be the last thing on my mind on a holiday and I'm sure I'll find plenty to do.

Comment

See Tam I was going by what you said above about depending how you feel, and not knowing how far apart your treatments are and thinking of your health. OK

Comment

See Tam I was going by what you said above about depending how you feel, and not knowing how far apart your treatments are and thinking of your health. OK
                          All being well I should finish chemo around the middle of June, just in time for the summer to bugger off to Italy first and then hopefully a road trip across the States with a couple of weeks beforehand to get over the chemo.

Thanks for your concern...much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Tamora View Post
                            All being well I should finish chemo around the middle of June, just in time for the summer to bugger off to Italy first and then hopefully a road trip across the States with a couple of weeks beforehand to get over the chemo.

Thanks for your concern...much appreciated!
                            Don't push yourself to hard my friend. If ya get to the States and come to Chicago give me a few days heads up and we'll get some pizza, Chicago Style. Of course after pizza in Italy, how could it measure up. Maybe Italian beef, well shat. Ah, BBQ, real smoked BBQ.
                            A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
                              Don't push yourself to hard my friend. If ya get to the States and come to Chicago give me a few days heads up and we'll get some pizza, Chicago Style. Of course after pizza in Italy, how could it measure up. Maybe Italian beef, well shat. Ah, BBQ, real smoked BBQ.
                              I'm a tough old git...I'll see it through.

Sure will share pizza and and a few boat drinks with you my friend! Just promise not to be naked!

Comment

Working...
                              X