Cannabis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannabis

I'm just wondering what the opinions on this forum are of cannabis, recreational and medical uses.
    I figure this will eventually come up for a vote in my state and I wanted to have a better knowledge of the plant and its uses.
    When medical cannabis came about I thought all the people pushing for it just wanted to get high. It takes very little research to find that the endocannaboid system in our brain can benefit in many ways from the cannabanoids found in cannabis.
    I've been amazed at the research that has been done around the world which proves some of the benefits that this plant can provide those suffering from a wide range of illnesses.
    I was leaning toward NO, I didn't want it legalized.
    I've changed my mind. I think it should be available to everyone medically. And I'm not as opposed to it as I used to be for recreational use.
    Sure there will be some who will use it as a gateway drug to other, more harmful drugs but those type personalities are always going to go the extremes with most things they do. For those people, cigs and beer probably put them on a road their next fix and those things are more harmful to the human body than cannabis.
    So I'm interested in opinions from the gymers on this topic, especially those who may be using it for medical purposes. How has it helped/harmed you/your illness.
    There is some very intersting research being done in Isreal on the benefits of cannabis on cancer tumors and its ability to reduce and abolish some types of tumors previously though untreatable.
    I hope this thread will encourage all to check out the research available to make informed decisions about the legalization of cannabis, rather than just holding on to the many lies that have been fed to so many people about this plant.
    Aug 2012: BPEL: 6.25", BPSFL: 6.75", MEG: 5.25"
    Jan 2016: BPEL: 6.75", BPSFL: 6.75", MEG: 5 3/8"
    4/16/16 BPEL: 7.0", BPSF: 7 7/16"", MEG:5.5

Well I'd be interested in any links you have involving cancer treatment.

Personally, I don't want to see it legalized, although being in the convenience store business it could help my bottom line. The pot I smoked in high school almost 40 years ago is not today's hybrid dope. I tried it a few times a couple years ago, not a good trip, to intense I got two 2 year old doobies getting moldy right now.
    A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

I'm still on the fence about recreational use legalization, but my attitude has definitely changed on medical use. The problem with medical use is that it will be priced out of reach for so many people and insurance companies aren't very eager to pay for it.
      These hybrids are for the sole purpose of getting high. Many of the cbd oils suggested for medical use have very little THC and are much higher (no pun intended) in cbd's (cannabiniods) which is the part of the plant that is thought to be most beneficial. Though it is thought that there needs to be some thc in there with the very high cbd to work most effectively.
      I'm not talking about smoking it. The oils in the plant can be sprayed under the tongue and don't give you what you experienced with the hybrid.
      I'm not trying to offer false hope to anyone suffering. Just saying there is a lot more info available with the legalization that has occurred thus far.
      The gov and pharmacy co. will not be able to keep hiding the benefits as more research is done showing the effectiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
        The pot I smoked in high school almost 40 years ago is not today's hybrid dope.
        That ai t no joke. The pot I smoked 15 years ago wasn't like the stuff they have today.
        2/07/17 Start BPEL 6.00 MEG 5.00
        Current BPEL 6.5 MEG 5.5

I'm not saying doing PE has boosted my confidence but I have been practicing handsfree helicopter shakes... :becky:

Comment

I would gladly welcome it finally being globally legalised!

I would gladly welcome a proper education and addict support system being put in place for all drugs - not just booze.

I want to be able to use it recreationally when I please, just like beer.

I don't want to be criminalised because some *Wanker* wanted some cheap political points!

Comment

Total support for complete legalization. Very be official plant. Our constitution is printed on hemp.
            ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

Hi,

While I smoke it on occasion, there are 2 points to make;

1) Ppl are seemingly less mature then they used to be and can't handle smoking out.
              2) It's now VERY VERY strong.

To the latter, it's like having 1 kind of liquor, Everclear. Can you some how know to just take just a tiny tiny shot?

With pot, ok just take a quick half hit?

Seems ridiculous and a recipe for failure.

So I support it 100% for medicated uses under supervision, I do not support it for rec use even though I rec use it on occasion.

You may not realize that we've had decades of growing pains to deal with alcohol use and abuse. So you now want growing pains for legalized pot use?

In hopes of what, more tax dollars?

Makes 0 sense to me.
              NBPEL 6 1/4" EG 5 1/4" - March 2017
              NBPEL 6 1/2" EG 5 1/2" - April 2017
              NBPEL 6 3/4" EG 5 1/2" - May 2017
              Goal; hard, strong, veiny

Comment

I am completely for it being fully legalized. I find it baffling that weed itself is a class one drug, at the same level as heroin and ecstasy, which is absurd. If it doesn't become fully legal at the very least weed should be a class five drug, because it has so many benefits to it that it is far less harmful than the opiates that doctors prescribe. We have opiate addiction increasing at an alarming rate and doctors handing them out like candy, but it's incredible that weed is still at the stage it is at when it comes to medical uses.

Pot has been shown to be far less harmful than cigarettes and alcohol, and we just let those run rampant and are okay with it, but for some reason almost half the country is still listening to Reefer Madness, a propaganda film from the 30's.

There are definite benefits to it, but that doesn't mean it should run free of course. There would need to be obvious laws in place, like not doing various things while high, or even banning certain kinds of it from seeing use as it could be harmful.

Overall though pot has its uses and it's nonsense that we haven't even gotten to the point of medical usage being legal or doing the common sense thing and seeing that weed isn't as bad as heroin and needs to be reduced in drug class.

Comment

This is interesting.

Would like to hear more opinions on the subject.
                  The name's Tamora...TVR Tamora...with a capital "T".

Lots of living to do yet unseen and a more stories yet untold!

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
                    Well I'd be interested in any links you have involving cancer treatment...
                    I've known that St George's University hospital in south London have researched medicinal cannabis for a while...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-brain-tumours
                    The name's Tamora...TVR Tamora...with a capital "T".

Lots of living to do yet unseen and a more stories yet untold!

Comment

it's weird, people always say "smoke to get rid of anxiety!" but I have a massive fear of experiencing weed induced anxiety attacks (I've had two, it's f***ing terrible).

When I smoke, and then I get triggered (I am triggered by a million different things unfortunately).
                      The sensation of the high gets "sharper" and I can clearly tell I'm experiencing anxiety though the weed.

I really want ketamine to become legalized and used for the treatment of mental illness, it's got incredible effects and it's almost like being teased with food while you're starving when there's something so powerful but so expensive and not covered by state insurance.

MDMA has been the next best thing, but there's a hangover/comedown unfortunately, plus it's dangerous for your brain if used a lot.
                      09-03-2016: BPEL: 6.5 EG: 5.0
                      04-16-2019: BPEL: 7.1 MEG: 5.19
                      03-29-2020: BPEL: 7.36 MEG: 5.39

No person is worth wanting to hurt yourself over, neither is the size of your penis.

Comment

I think a household should be allowed a certain number of plants to be grown if a person wishes to do so. Juicing live cannabis leaves and buds is showing signs of actually being a healthy thing to do and there are no psychogenic effects.
                        Live cannabis contains THCA which is not psychogenic. THCA becomes THC when the plant is dried, which is the psychogenic substance that gives the high so many go after.
                        Cannabis is a plant that is being shown to have positive benefits for the healthy and people with devastating diseases.
                        And you don't get high from it that way. Why shouldn't a person be able to have this in their diet if they choose to do so.

Comment

Isreal has been at forefront in cannabis research and the the father of the study of cannabis still conducts research on the plant. He is 86 now and is the one who discovered THC in the plant back in the 60s.
                          Hebrew University launches cannabis research center with high aspirations | Jewish Telegraphic Agency

Comment

There are also studies that show youth/adolescent pot use brings out mental illness later in life like schizophrenia.
                            "I will lick my dick"

Comment

This topic is currently a battlefield in the Transportation Industry ( Class A trucking , Class B , School Bus , Rail , etc etc etc ) . You name it , where as our Particular argument is driver's wanting to trade in their medication. Antidepressants , Anxiety , mood stabilizer for Medical marijuana.

The arguments are in long term usage , Marijuana use is safer than Prozac , Zoloft , or a host of other medications prescribed by DR's for mental health issues.

You guys know , those medications people take so they can just keep on wanting to live & be productive in society.

The transportation industry is telling drivers that they are F,ing crazy if they are going to trade off medication for WEED !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X