Of Fast Paced Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of Fast Paced Life

In youth it is all sunshine and joy; we are brand new, we function as the designer intended. Our perfect form exudes perfect peace. Our solid bones hold our frame firmly and flexibly. Our skin lays over our youthful bodies in artistic fit – there are no wrinkles, no weathering. Our head hair, that fine sprinkle of artistry, wholesomely covers our sculp. Our radiant faces are filled with smiles and hope. Our eyes, working as designed, seeks the arts, the beautiful. Our ears long for music, for pop, for the new. We live in perfection; without a fear, without a thought of weariness or failure or sunset. With excess generosity we hand out our time and attention to whoever asks for it.

The future holds the rewards that we hope for; the present keeps us at bay. And so we rush the present; we welcome the future with hopeful hearts.

But then the machine starts to wear down, the sun starts to set. The components begin to drag, the shadows begin to lengthen. The heart senses the loss; the intellect gets a peep of the dusk. The body, the machine, hits its limitations. The radiant glow of hope in the brow begins to fade, the wrinkles begin to take hold; and then we become misers with our time and conservatives with our bodies. We think of maintenance, of health, of exercise. We clearly see the walls and limitations of a life. Old memories become precious objects that we scramble to hoard and to hold.

Once in a while, the spark of youth flares, the machine functions efficiently, though momentarily, to our pleasant surprise; And hope, that reliable comforter of mankind, hastily mistakes it for another dawn.
    A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle

Interesting, i feel like that already i must be aging backwards.

Comment

To look at people having loveless non romantic sex, to simultaneously go ahead and indulge in sex with you alone as the participant, and to keep repeating this behavior countless of times on each presenting opportunity, will, with sinking passage of time, produce these horror effects on the poor wretch that gets caught in this solo practice:

1. You will kill the natural flower of the heart that equates sex with love and in its place you will replace it with soulless indulgence that associates sex with hedonistic pleasure.
      2. You will substitute true female beauty, that greatest of artwork known to man, with cheap lewd and obscene depictions of slutery and grossness. Real life breathing women will not stir admiration and awe while grotesque screen images will. The eye of the heart is reversed.
      3. Because your object of lust has been replaced with pixels and the cold hard hand of self stimulation as a partner, those become locked as your standard for sexual arousal. In the natural circumstance of wife and partner, a real breathing loving human in your presence, your heart is blind, your passion is un-aroused. You experience what the doctors call erectile dysfunction.

Comment

Reminds me of Bill Hicks. Have you ever heard this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgzQuE1pR1w

Comment

Originally posted by the_iron View Post
          To look at people having loveless non romantic sex, to simultaneously go ahead and indulge in sex with you alone as the participant, and to keep repeating this behavior countless of times on each presenting opportunity, will, with sinking passage of time, produce these horror effects on the poor wretch that gets caught in this solo practice:

1. You will kill the natural flower of the heart that equates sex with love and in its place you will replace it with soulless indulgence that associates sex with hedonistic pleasure.
          2. You will substitute true female beauty, that greatest of artwork known to man, with cheap lewd and obscene depictions of slutery and grossness. Real life breathing women will not stir admiration and awe while grotesque screen images will. The eye of the heart is reversed.
          3. Because your object of lust has been replaced with pixels and the cold hard hand of self stimulation as a partner, those become locked as your standard for sexual arousal. In the natural circumstance of wife and partner, a real breathing loving human in your presence, your heart is blind, your passion is un-aroused. You experience what the doctors call erectile dysfunction.
          You are very deep myfriend gosh you make me reanalyze my logic sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by slunk View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgzQuE1pR1w
            Very good video! I like that "its just a ride"

Comment

Originally posted by slunk View Post
              Thanks for sharing, I like it

Comment

Originally posted by Undead View Post
                You are very deep myfriend gosh you make me reanalyze my logic sometimes.
                I reanalyze my logic all the time we are in the same boat.

Comment

Hooker.
                  Many, many years ago, a baby was born amidst hardships and poverty. He was raised and taught by nature, by the stretching fields and the star-field skies, by the aroma of flowers and the savor of fruits, by the peaceful curves of streams and the weed-filled foot paths of the countryside. He grew wise and poetic, patient and kind.

In a chain of circumstances filled with fortune, he was elected president.

His name, Abraham Lincoln.

In his first year as president the civil war broke. He was put to the heaviest of tasks. His wisdom, his patience and his charm was called to use. He had plenty of it. One famous instance of this was of General Hooker.

Hooker was a union’s soldier who had a habit of bad-mouthing his commander, teaching his fellow men to distrust and disobey their leaders including the commander in chief himself, Lincoln. He said that the country needed a strong man to lead, that a dictator was the best option for president and military leadership.

On hearing this, Lincoln wrote to Hooker, “I have heard, in such a way as to believe it, of your recently saying that both the army and the Government needed a dictator. Of course it was not for this, but in spite of it, that I have given you command.”

General Burnside, his commander had requested that Hooker be dismissed. Lincoln in his wisdom did just the opposite. He promoted him.

Lincoln added, “I much fear that the spirit which you have aided to infuse into the army, of criticizing their commander and withholding confidence in him, will now turn upon you.”

And so hooker was given command. He fought the Battle of Chancellorsville. He lost. Bigly. Lincoln was right, prophetic in fact: the spirit that you have infused into others of criticizing their commander will now turn upon you.

Comment

US Union Chancellorsville 17,300 total (over the campaign April 30 - May 6 1863)

casualties and losses:

[Approx] 1600 dead, 9800 injured and 6000 MIA/Captured

Kinda heavy butchers bill to prove a point to a mouthy General though, no?

I do get the sentiment though
                    Start: Jan '17. Current: BPEL: +0.9" EG: +0.47"

Comment

Originally posted by LJMatey View Post
                      US Union Chancellorsville 17,300 total (over the campaign April 30 - May 6 1863)

casualties and losses:

[Approx] 1600 dead, 9800 injured and 6000 MIA/Captured

Kinda heavy butchers bill to prove a point to a mouthy General though, no?

I do get the sentiment though
                      And they say history repeats itself, it should not. When we look around we should not see the "mouthy" being turned against in the same way that they did to others. You are right war is ugly, bad.

Comment

typed up a load of stuff about US military mindset during the mid to late 19th century and then decided this was a PE forum and deleted it instead!

Sorry for the lack of history lesson! lol

Comment

And they say history repeats itself, it should not. When we look around we should not see the "mouthy" being turned against in the same way that they did to others. You are right war is ugly, bad.
                          That's true but sometimes I think it's conflict is so ingrained in humanity's psyche that it'll never be gone.

Comment

In youth it is all sunshine and joy; we are brand new, we function as the designer intended. Our perfect form exudes perfect peace. Our solid bones hold our frame firmly and flexibly. Our skin lays over our youthful bodies in artistic fit – there are no wrinkles, no weathering. Our head hair, that fine sprinkle of artistry, wholesomely covers our sculp. Our radiant faces are filled with smiles and hope. Our eyes, working as designed, seeks the arts, the beautiful. Our ears long for music, for pop, for the new. We live in perfection; without a fear, without a thought of weariness or failure or sunset. With excess generosity we hand out our time and attention to whoever asks for it.

The future holds the rewards that we hope for; the present keeps us at bay. And so we rush the present; we welcome the future with hopeful hearts.

But then the machine starts to wear down, the sun starts to set. The components begin to drag, the shadows begin to lengthen. The heart senses the loss; the intellect gets a peep of the dusk. The body, the machine, hits its limitations. The radiant glow of hope in the brow begins to fade, the wrinkles begin to take hold; and then we become misers with our time and conservatives with our bodies. We think of maintenance, of health, of exercise. We clearly see the walls and limitations of a life. Old memories become precious objects that we scramble to hoard and to hold.

Once in a while, the spark of youth flares, the machine functions efficiently, though momentarily, to our pleasant surprise; And hope, that reliable comforter of mankind, hastily mistakes it for another dawn.
                            Be happy. You had the youthful experiences I had. No worries, no pains.

Not all young people are so lucky. Pain, worry, a doubtful future become part of their lives. And destroys what were have to have been the golden years of the ones that raised Them. And they wouldn't change a thing, despite the pain, heart ache, worry....there is still joy, love, and faith.

Our family has spent a lot of time in the hospital. I recommend everyone go to a local children's hospital near them. You'll see some very sad things, but what you won't see is a child without a smile. Children smile thru the face of Christ.
                            A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

Side note:

I read today that Johnny Depp, no matter where he is filming or what he is in town for, always carries a full "Captain Jack Sparrow" costume and makes a point of visiting the sick kids hospitals/wards and tries his best to cheer them up (the parents too)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh0kQpmz0ww

good bloke tbh

Comment

Working...
                              X