A Game of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Game of Thrones

Anyone else on this forum a fan of Game of Thrones and would like to have some friendly discussion about the happenings of the TV show or books?

Readers beware of SPOILERS
    Start August 4, 2017:
    NBPEL: 6.5in BPEL: 7.75in MSEG: 5.25in

Current:
    NBPEL: 6.75in BPEL: 7.875in MSEG: 5.25in

Short Term Goal, November 4, 2017:
    NBPEL: 7in BPEL: 8in MSEG: 5.5in

Long Term
    NBPEL: 8.5in BPEL: 9in MSEG: 5.75in

Holy shitttt! Episode 4 though.....In the running for best episode ever.
    Haven't read the books so I don't know about that. But so much good stuff happening this season. So dense!

Comment

Sure, let's start with the last episode. Jaime in no way died at the end of it, his mercenary friend will pull him out. I mean, it's a fairly transparent cliffhanger. If they did kill him off, it's a terribly lame way to take him out. It was more likely a device to tell reinforce the type of people Bronn and Jaime are and their relationship to each other.
      Starting (20 JUL 2012)
      BPFSL: 7.5"
      BPEL: 6.75"
      EG: 4.75"
      Current (8/3/17)
      BPFSL: 8.7"
      BPEL: 8.1"
      MEG: 5.5"
      BEG: 5.5"

Short Term Goal:
      8.25 BPEL
      5.75 MEG

Comment

Indeed!

Last episode was great.

I read the books and watch the show, at this point the show is ahead of the books. The show will finish before the books, GRR writes slow and the books are still expanding on story lines instead of wrapping them up. There are some differences between the two, not sure how that will affect the upcoming books.
        How did I get here?

Well I was looking for Pygmy.com (I gotta thing for small people, so what), and ended up here.
        And I've been here ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by benschmidt View Post
          Sure, let's start with the last episode. Jaime in no way died at the end of it, his mercenary friend will pull him out. I mean, it's a fairly transparent cliffhanger. If they did kill him off, it's a terribly lame way to take him out. It was more likely a device to tell reinforce the type of people Bronn and Jaime are and their relationship to each other.
          This is kind of a change in the writer's MO--it seems that for the first several seasons, none of the main characters were indispensable! It was anybody's guess who was going to die...haha

Jaime is such an important and complex character, it would be stupid to kill him off at this point. Besides, after Cersei destroyed the Great Sept (and everyone in it) with wildfire, the show lost a good chunk of its cast.

One of the funniest facebook posts I've seen regarding GOT: "How to separate church and State--a novel by Cersei Lannister"

Comment

My fave episode to date is Jon Snow's skirmish with the Night King and the army of the dead at Hardhome!! Realizing the importance of Valerian steel, the shear magnitude of the wights, and Jon witnessing the Night King's reviving of the dead was spine-tingling. Good story telling and cinematography at its best!!

Comment

*Spoilers*
              Season 7 episode 4 was f**king EPIC, It beat out Season 4 Episode 8 (where Oberyn the VIPER GOD Martell fights...dies) as my favorite.

Which ruling house were you guys rooting for (before only 3 major one were left) and which house are you rooting for now?
              Start August 4, 2017:

Current:

Long Term

Comment

I was really hoping that Jaime Lannister died last episode. Mostly in the hopes that Tyrion meets Bronn again and maybe pardons him for the sake of recruitment.
                Start August 4, 2017:

Current:

Long Term

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMinotauro View Post
                  *Spoilers*
                  Season 7 episode 4 was f**king EPIC, It beat out Season 4 Episode 8 (where Oberyn the VIPER GOD Martell fights...dies) as my favorite.
                  I loved Season 4, episode 8 too!! I couldn't believe when Oberyn let his guard down--he had 'The Mountain' all but defeated

Oberyn was so cool & debonair, I was astonished at the quick turn of tables and his subsequent terrible death (and all before he had a wild sexual rendevous with the Knight of Flowers--shocking).

Johnny, What did you like best about the most recent episode??

Originally posted by JohnnyMinotauro View Post
                  Which ruling house were you guys rooting for (before only 3 major one were left) and which house are you rooting for now?
                  Not really rooting for one house....just enjoying the ride!

Comment

Originally posted by gregut03 View Post
                    I loved Season 4, episode 8 too!! I couldn't believe when Oberyn let his guard down--he had 'The Mountain' all but defeated

Oberyn was so cool & debonair, I was astonished at the quick turn of tables and his subsequent terrible death (and all before he had a wild sexual rendevous with the Knight of Flowers--shocking).

Johnny, What did you like best about the most recent episode??

Not really rooting for one house....just enjoying the ride!
                    I firm believer that when Oberyn was alive, he was the best warrior in all of Westeros.

*SPOILERS*
                    What I liked most about the most recent episode, well I'd have to rank them, they're all pretty close IMO:

3. Jon being || this close to proposing to Daenarys.
                    2. The Loot Train Battle. (Muthaf**kin dragons, Bronn losing his gold, Jaime Lannister trying to be a martyr and almost dying.)
                    1. Bran foreshadowing Littlefinger's Death and Arya killing a Wightwalker.
                    JohnnyMinotauro
                    Last edited by JohnnyMinotauro; 08-09-2017, 07:54 PM. Reason: spoilers
                    Start August 4, 2017:

Current:

Long Term

Comment

I'm sure the series has gone past the books now. They might borrow elements from the books that they haven't used yet.. But it's all new content. George R. R. is still writing the newest book and to be honest.. I really don't think it's going to get finished. He's not fully commited to it, and in the nicest way possible, he's old. He could easily kick the bucket before he finishes.

I have heard thought that he's told the producers of the show how he envisioned the ending, so at least we know when the show finishes it's true canon.

By the way, does anyone here watch The Last Kingdom? It's what filled the void while Game of Thrones wasn't on. That and Vikings!

Comment

So what do you guys think about the hack? Where they stole the episodes and are releasing them ahead of the shiw.
                        ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

I don't care, I'll still watch them on the TV.
                          Starting (20 JUL 2012)
                          BPFSL: 7.5"
                          BPEL: 6.75"
                          EG: 4.75"
                          Current (8/3/17)
                          BPFSL: 8.7"
                          BPEL: 8.1"
                          MEG: 5.5"
                          BEG: 5.5"

Short Term Goal:
                          8.25 BPEL
                          5.75 MEG

Comment

Jaime dump into deep water, which he was close to shore how deep could it be?, would be dead by the weight of his armor. I had high hopes of him taking over because he has all the skills to rule and he is reasonable.

I think he may be dead.

I think John Snow and Dani are related. Those of you who think the big sex fest is coming.........I wouldn't put it past this show but I don't think those two hook up. John is a bastard and I think his father was a targrayen. Not sure on the spelling.

The Mountain should be dead. The LGBT community should be in an up roar. The Bi guy had him and got a little cocky. No doubt he was the real thing, can't argue with the real thing about what they like to fuck. Actually there should be no LGBT up roar. Any ways. On that note have you guys seen this guy on funny or die? Star with season 3 because I think that's where he started doing these, a recap every episode.

It's on You Tube or Funny or Die.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8PD_GvWrT0
                            7 1/4 inches x 5 1/4 inches Spring 2014
                            8 X 5 1/2 late summer 2014
                            8 X 5 3/4 Feb. 2015 That took a while.
                            8 X 6 goal
                            8 X 5 7/8 May 2015, wife said stop for now.

Comment

BTW this guy needs to die, if I was there I would kill his useless ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2G6ZtAEmd8
                              7 1/4 inches x 5 1/4 inches Spring 2014
                              8 X 5 1/2 late summer 2014
                              8 X 5 3/4 Feb. 2015 That took a while.
                              8 X 6 goal
                              8 X 5 7/8 May 2015, wife said stop for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X