Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Haven't had a grilled cheese sandwich in around 25 years. Had the ingredients, wanted a quick snack, so.... Happy to report that I can safely say that I can wait another 25 years for the next. Just really a flat sandwich with no WOW or taste factor at all.

Any alternate "go to" cheeses other than processed slices that could amp this up for another try?

How about additions that could give it a zip like roasted peppers or grilled veggies?

Why not add bacon and tomatoes!!!!!!!
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I've never used processed cheese slices but when I do a grilled cheese sandwich, I either add tuna mayo with onion or colmans English mustard with crispy bacon.

Both combos are lush.
      Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheZZMan View Post
        Haven't had a grilled cheese sandwich in around 25 years. Had the ingredients, wanted a quick snack, so.... Happy to report that I can safely say that I can wait another 25 years for the next. Just really a flat sandwich with no WOW or taste factor at all.

Any alternate "go to" cheeses other than processed slices that could amp this up for another try?

How about additions that could give it a zip like roasted peppers or grilled veggies?
        I like alternating aged swiss, colby-jack & pepper-jack instead of american. ALWAYS TOAST it on WHITE BREAD (no taste infusion from whole-grain breads), in REAL butter on stovetop 'til cheeses thoroughly melted together (I always nuke the sandwich open-faced first to warm the cheese up, helping it melt together better). I'll sometimes sqirt a little sirracha alongside for dipping if I'm eating it alone without soup.

If you add grilled veggies or peppers to it, then it's not REALLY a grilled cheese sandwich now is it?...that would be a grilled pepper 'n veggie sandwich with CHEESE!

I thought EVERY GUY became a "connoisseur" of the grilled cheese sandwich in COLLEGE! It was a required CORE-CURRICULUM course when I was in there!

Comment

You're all wrong!

Houses Of Parliament sauce!
          The name's Tamora...TVR Tamora...with a capital "T".

Lots of living to do yet unseen and a more stories yet untold!

Comment

Mustard and cheese? Tuna and cheese? English people eat weird. No wonder you lost the war in 1776. ( thank God they did or I'd be eating that shit)

Comment

If you didn't like your grilled cheese sandwich, you didn't make it right. :-D

First, start with good bread. This depends on what you like. I, personally, like sourdough.

Second, add good cheese. I'm a sharp cheddar gal. Throw in some asiago too.

Now, the outside of the bread. Yes, the outside. I was a grilled cheese purist, using only butter for a long time; however, I now prefer mayonnaise. Now, if you haven't used mayo as a cooking oil for your grilled cheese you might be knitting your eyebrows at my post... but TRUST me! It doesn't taste like mayo, once it's cooked! And, it is easy to spread on your bread!

Lastly, before you cook it, sprinkle some real, shredded parmesan on the bread. Yes, you're putting cheese on the OUTSIDE of your sandwich. :-)

Use a non-stick pan, and don't rush the cooking process, because you want the cheese in your sandwich to be melty and yummy! The parm on the outside won't stick to your pan, if you're using a decent non-stick pan. If the non-stick is coming off your pan... throw the pan away. :-)

Cook until golden brown and gooey on the inside.
              Kimberly
              PEGym.com

Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/pegym

Comment

Always on a bacon or sausage butty.
                Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
                  Mustard and cheese? Tuna and cheese? English people eat weird. No wonder you lost the war in 1776. ( thank God they did or I'd be eating that shit)
                  She's from up north...they're all a bit strange up there!

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
                    Dont knock it until you try it!

Aren't you the nation that created the corn dog!! How crazy is that idea on paper... a banger dipped in corn (I guessed) and fried on a lollipop stick!! It works a treat tho

Comment

How about a corn dog on a butty? What the hell is a butty anyway?

Comment

Nah..chip butty made with chips from a chip shop!

Comment

Originally posted by KMWylie View Post
                          If you didn't like your grilled cheese sandwich, you didn't make it right. :-D

First, start with good bread. This depends on what you like. I, personally, like sourdough.

Second, add good cheese. I'm a sharp cheddar gal. Throw in some asiago too.

Now, the outside of the bread. Yes, the outside. I was a grilled cheese purist, using only butter for a long time; however, I now prefer mayonnaise. Now, if you haven't used mayo as a cooking oil for your grilled cheese you might be knitting your eyebrows at my post... but TRUST me! It doesn't taste like mayo, once it's cooked! And, it is easy to spread on your bread!

Lastly, before you cook it, sprinkle some real, shredded parmesan on the bread. Yes, you're putting cheese on the OUTSIDE of your sandwich. :-)

Use a non-stick pan, and don't rush the cooking process, because you want the cheese in your sandwich to be melty and yummy! The parm on the outside won't stick to your pan, if you're using a decent non-stick pan. If the non-stick is coming off your pan... throw the pan away. :-)

Cook until golden brown and gooey on the inside.
                          I n our house we call these cheese dreams, but like just a good cheddar cheese sandwich and fry in some beef dripping, beef fat if your American, but not to much, so its in the dripping then turn over, cook this side to a nice brown then flip over and do the same, some good old HP sauce, or dare I say some chop sauce its a brown sauce but very fruity. and just eat.

A real dream to eat, I would go and do one now, but not on top of garlic meatballs in a good sauce with pasta.

NOWHARD
                          Last edited by NOWHARD; 08-17-2017, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamora View Post
                            Nah..chip butty made with chips from a chip shop!
                            WTF is a butty...and a chip shope?...I'm envisioning something melted into auto parts...

NO, WAIT!! THAT"S a "chop shop"!

Comment

A butty is simply a bread sandwich spread with real butter. Butter...butty!

See! I ain't as stupid as I look!

Comment

Working...
                              X