Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard to pay attention to detail, am I dumb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard to pay attention to detail, am I dumb?

I don't know what it is exactly but I catch myself having a hard time paying attention to detail or forgetting little things and its really frustrating.

I do sales for an IT company so detail is everything. Recently I have had three things happen to me that I just think how in the hell did I make this mistake. First, I quoted something in correctly based on some documents I had received from the vendor. The licensing was supposed to match up with some access points I ordered but it was basically two different locations that needed two different things. Another instance is where last week is where I only remember to order some product for a client because they reminded me. I normally have a folder for all the quotes I get accepted to go there. I guess I had clicked on the email and normally I leave it unread if its an action item. This quote got accepted on Wednesday of last week and I only remembered to order it because the client had reminded me right before the close of business. Stuff like this potentially hurts business. I've been here for about a year now and have had instances like this occur. It just makes me feel dumb and sometimes depressing when I miss little things like this.

I honestly feel like I have ADD but don't want to go to the doctor to get adder-all out of pride. I took it once in college and did not like the way I felt at all. Is there anyway for me to become better at attention to detail so I can master my job and be as efficient as possible??

Try slowing down; don't be in such a rush. Take your time.
    CUSP82
    Administrator
    Admin of the Month Dec 2014
    PEGym Hero
    Last edited by CUSP82; 10-16-2017, 03:42 PM.
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

If you were prescibed adderall in college, were you diagnosed as ADD or borderline ADD when you were younger? Might be time to have a doctor evaluate you again to be sure...while I'm not a huge advocate of "Big Pharma", it's better than sacrificing your career...just sayin'...

Comment

It could just be stress.

Comment

I was never prescribed Adderall, I tried with an ex once. Did not like the feel of it at all. I also find it hard to fully pay attention when reading. Like i'll be reading something then all of a sudden think of something that takes my mind away from what i'm reading and at that point forgot what I read. Also was hard for me to pay attention to lectures in college.

Comment

Hey Ralph what do you do for fun and when was the last time you did it?
            The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Use some app on your phone or tablet, to note events & related detail.
              Free up some of your work to take place in software, not in your head.
              Yes, that will only work if you embrace it, use it, learn it.
              Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
              Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

If I may,

Some people have a hard time concentrating because they are dehydrated.

- It could be that you need to increase the amount of water intake per day.

Or, some people have a hard time concentrating because of an unhealthy diet.

- Maybe look at more greens and less fats.

It is also possible that a lack of oxygen is affecting you.

- More exercise and better breathing.

I notice that students get all fuddled and muddled at mid term time due to lack of sleep.

- Maybe increase the nightly quota?
                03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
                Thread
                12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

Comment

I will also add that - in addition to what incogneeetoe posted about dehydration and sleep being possible influences - high blood pressure can be as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
                    Hey Ralph what do you do for fun and when was the last time you did it?
                    For Fun? Probably play Video games, Watch sports events or play basketball. Main thing I do on the weekdays for Fun is play games.

And I could use more sleep. Every single week day I wake up hating myself when I wake up because i'm so tired. The only time I don't wake up tired is on the weekends.

Comment

Could be all down to your diet and what your drinking or smoking, if you do smoke or perhaps any social drugs your on, or any meds your on.

If you don't exercise? now's the time to start get your blood moving round your body, get out the fresh air and do some good brisk walking and if you can swimming these two are good all round exercises for your body and getting you blood moving.

For exercising your brain get some of these silly mags you see on the news stand, these do work.

NOWHARD

Comment

Working...
                      X