Windows help. Pls more.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows help. Pls more.

I want to buy notebook, ACER. But what system to put? Windows or Linux?

I think, that for me, and for everything, it is better Windows.

Answer pls here. Tnx.
    :-)

paungudge,

Welcome to the gym!

Do you know a lot about Linux? It's more of a programmer's-based OS. I don't have too many good things to say about Windows, though You could always wait for the Google OS (although you may be waiting for a while).
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Comment

If you spend much time on the internet and planed to use your notebook for working => Linux
      But if you are a gamer => definitively Windows.
      Take in account for your environment too: if you have to interract with Linux people, choose Linux, or switch to Windows if you're surrounded by Windows users.

About Remek remarks: there are various versions of Linux and I've got a friend who uses RedHat Linux which has a Windows-like interface. He told me it's not so difficult to handle.
      sextensor
      Last edited by sextensor; 08-12-2007, 05:49 AM. Reason: additional remark
      English is not my mother tong, so excuse me for my mistakes

Comment

I would suggest you use windows unless you have had experience with Linux. Sextensor is correct if you play games at all windows in by far the better choice
        PEGym Technical Admin

Comment

hah i personally like macs : P... windows vista looks like it is a step in the mac direction anyways.. not to mention I nkow that game companies are starting to get more gaming contracts with apple... i think ea just made a contract with mac... and they made the red alert series whcih was pretty big...

Comment

Yea, Microsoft appears to be copying everyone. No innovation. I personally like macs too, but they could also use some work.
            "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah... I guess from what I have heard... linux is the most reliable but is not as versatile as mac and windows... I mean there are not as many programs and stuff for linux... personally... I think i woudl still stick with mac or windows because there is a ton of support for both of the products and by the time ur computer is loaded full of viruses, it will most likely be time to get a new computer anyways seeing how fast technology is advancing and stuff...

Comment

Working...
              X