Responsibility Dammit!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Responsibility Dammit!!!

I know I keep posting this guy, but I feel that what he has to say is very important to young guys especially!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ER1LOarlgg
    "Those who know others have knowledge,
    those who know themselves have insight.
    Those who master others have force,
    those who master themselves have strength". - Lao Tzu

Unfortunately it’s not just young men that feel this way, beaten down, subjected to political correctness at the expense of their own self worth. With the liberal media in leagues with the learned professors I almost feel a sense of brain washing Very depressing.
    A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
      Unfortunately it’s not just young men that feel this way, beaten down, subjected to political correctness at the expense of their own self worth. With the liberal media in leagues with the learned professors I almost feel a sense of brain washing Very depressing.
      Same here. If you go to the source of the video and just read through the comments, its incredible.

Comment

Put down the phones and the ipads and look around. Turn off the TV and stop identifying with the people in the commercials. Start to experience life for yourselves. Begin to love each other, men and women. Understand that you are not just your body. But cherish it and enjoy it and share it as a gift with whomever you love. And don't label how you do it but throw away the political correct crap that you have been brainwashed with. YOU need to decide what is right and the man up to it. There are thousands of years of wisdom and phillosphy to to tap. Do your homework! Pick your own. Stop being sheep. But most of all be willing to reap the results of your actions! Which leads to: act only out of love.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
          What liberal media? What professors? Stop blaming some industry for the issues of the individual, all you do is take away their responsibility so you can blame a specific group.

Originally posted by Yotguy View Post
          Put down the phones and the ipads and look around. Turn off the TV and stop identifying with the people in the commercials. Start to experience life for yourselves. Begin to love each other, men and women. Understand that you are not just your body. But cherish it and enjoy it and share it as a gift with whomever you love. And don't label how you do it but throw away the political correct crap that you have been brainwashed with. YOU need to decide what is right and the man up to it. There are thousands of years of wisdom and phillosphy to to tap. Do your homework! Pick your own. Stop being sheep. But most of all be willing to reap the results of your actions! Which leads to: act only out of love.
          I disagree. There's no brainwashing going on, people want the answer, any answer, simply and they go with whatever feels right, this way they move on to do the things that actually matter, like being able to afford living. They choose to do that so they can do what's most important in the grand scheme of their own life.

Also, who are these "sheep". It's a little odd there are two people ready to just blame media and "political correct crap" rather than just blaming people for being generally stupid. The fact you're willing to blame that over people means you are taking away all responsibility from the individual saying "Oh, it's not your fault, it's the evil liberals and their media with their PC culture, it's not your fault you're brain washed" except anyone willing to not think for themselves and create their own opinion are the issue. The fact that you and someone else have the same general idea means you have not really picked your own philosophy. Stop thinking you're special in any way by blaming the media, when actually that's literally a group mentality to blame it, and in reality no one truly has it figured out because what works for them is what works for them and not necessarily what works for someone else.

Comment

You don't think political correctness and it being transferred into law is a problem Don? You don't think universities are turning to shit and society following it is also a problem?? Did you watch the video by university lecturer Dr JBP who advocates individualism over collectivism???

Comment

Originally posted by Dontrike View Post
              What liberal media? What professors? Stop blaming some industry for the issues of the individual, all you do is take away their responsibility so you can blame a specific group.

I disagree. There's no brainwashing going on, people want the answer, any answer, simply and they go with whatever feels right, this way they move on to do the things that actually matter, like being able to afford living. They choose to do that so they can do what's most important in the grand scheme of their own life.

Also, who are these "sheep". It's a little odd there are two people ready to just blame media and "political correct crap" rather than just blaming people for being generally stupid. The fact you're willing to blame that over people means you are taking away all responsibility from the individual saying "Oh, it's not your fault, it's the evil liberals and their media with their PC culture, it's not your fault you're brain washed" except anyone willing to not think for themselves and create their own opinion are the issue. The fact that you and someone else have the same general idea means you have not really picked your own philosophy. Stop thinking you're special in any way by blaming the media, when actually that's literally a group mentality to blame it, and in reality no one truly has it figured out because what works for them is what works for them and not necessarily what works for someone else.
              The fact that young men (as a generation) are all dealing with the same issues leads to a cultural problem not an individual problem. We are not asking people, individuals to make excuses for their own behavior, but to understand why they are feeling the way they are so they can take control and make changes in their lives. Young boys are being raised that every action deserves a reward even if they didn't earn it, killing their desire to compete in fear someones feelings will get hurt. Then when they are not rewarded for their actions, they wonder what they did wrong. They are confused on how to act as they really can't do anything right; open the car door for one woman and you are a chauvinist, don't open for another and you inconsiderate. They are also raised in a society that blames them for every evil in the world; rape, racism, anti feminism, you name it. Where do they get these ideas, it is everywhere. Yes the media plays a roll, college professors play a role and even parents trying to raise their children as society sees fit believing it's giving their child every advantage in the world. Learning to think for yourself is a learned characteristic, not an innate one.

Adult elephants at a circus are chained by one ankle by a chain that would be easy for them to break. Why don't they break free, because they don't know they can. They are chained as infants and learn at a young age that they can't break it and even though they have gained thousands of pounds and are much stronger, they don't even try.

Comment

I see the problems stated. I also see them from an entirely different angle. The abusers and powerful want us to think we have individual power, but never actually have that control or power. We are mostly shackled like the elephant. We have just been trained so we don't even realize we can't break free. We think because we are free to move the chain length we have all the freedom possible. Our masters then tell us how lucky we are that they have a system that allows us so much freedom. We are trained to celebrate that freedom and even to defend that freedom to the death.

There is not much thought being expressed in our societies. There is no real effort to achieve any meaningful greatness because most don't even see the shackles. Don't even see the possibility of better. Any that actually show individuality and political incorrectness are decried as (pick your evil slur). Demonized and destroyed. If one or a group actually break the shackles they are immediately shot, or incarcerated.
                ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

I believe we do have individual power or at least the potential to cultivate it, but some groups want to remove that individual power, as in our inalienable rights to speak because not all conversation is apple pie and difficult conversations need to be had and avoidance of problems only exacerbates problems.

As for the power thing, this is inevitable as Jordan Peterson points out about hierarchies with the lobster....

https://www.pegym.com/forums/gym/121...-you-wish.html

Hierarchies are a part of our 3rd of a billion years of our evolutionary biology and we are bound to organize ourselves in structures that are necessarily competitive to get to something of value - a high paying/power job etc.

At least we have found ways that aren't quite as brutal as the lobster to get status. Nobody is murdering each other to get to the top or at least this happens very infrequently by comparison.

Our way, instead of completely destroying our fellow lobsters is to go the long haul, to strive to become the person of most value in order to deserve that high power job and the "defeated lobsters" will still find position in one of the hierarchies, but maybe just not quite so high in the food chain. This doesn't mean they aren't sucessful, I actually think it means quite the opposite and they still have opportunity to grow further.

Of course we have some corrupt structures like in politics for example where its just about who can tell the most convincing bullshit and I would agree in the majority of cases have unearned power/privilege etc and those who can kiss their ass properly (lobby groups?) to their liking will receive their favour.

This process circumvents the - earn your way fair hierarchy game. And today it seems some are pushing for receiving unfair, unearned advantages based on skin colour/gender/oppression points etc and people who object to it are charged with accusations of bigot, racist, sexist etc etc.

This whole process is a free market which is being interfered with by politics. The customers of businesses are one part of the market, but the businesses themselves are in the labour market and want to employ the best labour for the best price. In other words they will (or should) decide who is worthy of hiring, as do customers in a supermarket decide which fruit is best and worthy of eating.

So I maintain, the individual is the most important element in a society to protect. For it is the individuals who can develop themselves beyond what they currently are, to grow and to flourish and all of society will benefit as a result.

But whatever demographic you choose to group individuals into, there will not be equal outcomes if we are free and we will not be free if there are equal outcomes.

Comment

Lobsters are cannibals, humans not so often. We are men, that means we have to suck it up or make a stand, like the Alamo or Harper's Ferry. Unfortunately we will lose the battle but win the war. There is no limp wristed way of challenging PC or false accusations of homophobia, racism, sexism...isms. You have to make a stand. I am of an age where I say what I like, do as I like, do not give a flying fuck about these attitudes which will change anyhow with time. In this Territory where I live, in this town, the Indigenous people do most of the crime, do most of the violence, do most of the spousal abuse, do most of the sexual molestation of children...but excuses after excuse. The bad White man made us do it.

Comment

We are, we become, what we're exposed most to.
                      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Ponto View Post
                        I am of an age where I say what I like, do as I like, do not give a flying fuck about these attitudes which will change anyhow with time.
                        And so you should. I don't think anyone should have the right to punish you or take away your freedom because they don't like the sounds coming from your noise hole. Which is what is going on in Canada (what Dr Peterson talks about) and New York etc with regard to these transgender pronouns. Apparently they can fine people up to $250,000 pus jail time for misgendering.

I hear in the UK certain police departments (Nottingham is one I think?) are making misogyny a crime. Racism is already a crime, unless its against the indigenous people, with even politicians making racially motivated statements about "excluding white men" from running for office because they don't reflect the skin tones of certain areas of the UK.

Also we have police departments Tweeting that they will arrest people who complain about terrorism in the wake of terror events.

Personally I find all this crap obnoxious. I don't mind that they say these things or if they try to offend me so much as that they are trying to pass these things into law that will give people the right to abuse me on the grounds of race, sex and gender etc, but I have no right to reply in the same manner or defend myself. Yet these people say they do all this in the name of equality. Well it sure doesn't feel like equal treatment, it feels like special treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
                          We are, we become, what we're exposed most to.
                          Probably a good idea to resist the social engineering and propaganda then?

Comment

Originally posted by burtybasset View Post
                            Probably a good idea to resist the social engineering and propaganda then?
                            Can you?
                            The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
                              Can you?
                              Sure, I believe so. What is the alternative?

Comment

Working...
                              X