Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Have You Traveled That You Wish Everyone Could See?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Have You Traveled That You Wish Everyone Could See?

We all have had experiences all over this world. What would you describe to others as an ultimate destination and why?

I do not think there is an "ultimate destination", because everyone has different ideas of what they want.

A few of mine:

Been to tropical type beach destinations in Mexico, Florida, Philippines, Korea and Thailand. I gotta say Thailand is something else. Banana Boat to the James Bond Island is a must for anyone into that kinda thing.

Been big city night-life party-ing in Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, Toronto, Montreal, Tampa, Miami, London and Paris. And while Montreal may be best, I gotta say Singapore needs to be experienced.

Enjoyed the cultural scene in lots of places. Museums, concerts, symphonies, castles, ruins, historical landmarks and so on. England, France, Philippines, Mexico, New England, Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa, Singapore, Toronto, Washington and Seoul. England has got them all beat. More variety to see and experience than the rest, and all fairly well organized and preserved.

Done layovers all over the place. Tokyo, Beijing, Detroit, Chicago, Vancouver, Calgary, New York, Philadelphia and San Fransisco. Vancouver is the best. Clean and friendly. Easy to get around without hassle. Great for a 12-24 hour stopover.
    03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
    Thread
    12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

Comment

I've hiked in Alaska and Africa, Yosemite and Kings Canyon to name a few places. Most of my backpacking and mountain climbing has been in the Adirondacks of NY. While I would hope people appreciated these sights and sounds, not sure I want them going there as people tend to ruin rather then improve things.
      FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
      The Ultimate V (The UV)
      Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
      Heated Bundled LAS
      Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

I definitely don't have an ultimate destination, but I've had a few places that are favorites...

1. Ambergris Caye - This is one of my favs! Friendly people and amazing diving right off the coast... can't beat that!

2. Venice - My daughter and I spent 3 weeks traveling around Europe - literally driving from Paris to Rome - and Venice was my absolute favorite stop! I just loved wandering the narrow, cobbled streets, the history, the architecture!

3. Fuessen, Germany - This was my second favorite place on that particular trip. This quaint little German village looked like something out of a Disney movie! I kept expecting to see Hansel and Gretel to come skipping through town. Plus, it's close to Neushwanstein castle, which is AMAZING!

4. Sun Moon Lake, Taiwan - We spent two weeks driving around the island of Taiwan and this was my favorite stop. The lake is beautiful, there is a temple high atop one of the hills (felt like a mountain LOL) and the village itself is just delightful!

5. Bonaire - The diving - the best shore diving in the world! Hands down!

6. Reykjavic, Iceland - I must go back here. MUST! Riding Icelandic ponies across the tundra, the natural hot springs, the volcanoes, daylight for like 20 hours in June... The one thing I wasn't able to do on my short trip here was dive - which I NEED to do... so, I must go back!

7. Playa del Carmen, Mexico - I'll admit, I was here 3 times in 2017, so it has to rank on one of my fav places. Why? Cheap, warm beaches! I've scored $100-150 RT flights from Chicago, multiple times. You can get a nice hotel, on the beach, for less than $80/night, Avenida Quinta (5th Avenue) is a huge street lined with shops, restaurants and even some "malls" for miles, you can get TWO hour-long massages for $50US (sometimes cheaper, if you look around), and buckets of beer and nachos for about $10 US. PLUS, the best churros in the world are in PDC - La Panaderia on 5th Avenue. They make the while you watch. They are Heaven in your mouth! :-D And, of course, tequila tasting! Everywhere. If you're cheap and want to get drunk for free, you can hit up 4 or 5 tequila shops on 5th for free tasting, then pop into the big gift stores, who all have alcohol in the back and will offer you free tastings. Be careful, because you may get a little too tipsy and end up with an $80 bottle of tequila.... yeah, that happened. LOL PLUS, you're a quick ferry ride over to Cozumel for world-class diving!

8. NYC - Midtown - There is something wonderful about NYC. The food, the entertainment, the museums... *sigh* I just love it! We travel to NYC at least once a year, for MrKimberly's company's company expo. We stay in the same general area, near where they host the expo. It's within walking distance to Times Square, Broadway shows, Central Park, you name it! Plus, we caught the Rangers playing the Coyotes, with corner, ice level seats, last minute on our last trip for like $35 a piece! You can't even get standing room only tickets for that price to see the Blackhawks! I love exploring here, and even though I've been here numerous times, there still MORE I need to see!

9. Estes Park, CO - Although it's lost some of its quaintness since I was a kid, Estes has always been a tourist town. Little shops to explore, riding rollered "sleds" down the mountain, gorgeous hiking everywhere... Estes is just so beautiful, nestled into the Rockies. It'll always hold a special place in my heart!
        Kimberly
        PEGym.com

Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/pegym

Comment

he Walmart in Williston North Dakota. Everybody should be subjected to this experience.
          ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

The wonderful house of CUSP! Why? Well you're just gonna have to find out!
            You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

When I was a teenager we (the family) drove from the east coast to Acapulco, Mexico and back. The drive through Mexico wAs quite an adventure as we traveled through desert, winding mountain roads and jungles. It was interesting to see how the rural life style changed to adapt to the changing terrain. Huts built of cactus and adobe in the desert, stones in the mountains, and sticks in the jungles. On the way back through western Mexico, we had to have the car polled across a river on two 2 X 8s stretched between two row boats.

Did i I mention the family that drove up in a pickup truck next to our beach front hotel, got out, stripped naked, and took their two pigs into the ocean with them.

It was a very memorable and impressionable experience which most tourists miss when flying directly to Cancun.

Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
              12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
              12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
              01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
              01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
              01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
              Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

My favorite so far has been Bermuda. Was there 7 days, rented a moped and toured the island at our leisure. Beautiful beaches, they drive on the wrong side of the road (that was tough to get used to), saw my first cruise ship up close in the main town and almost ran a red light I was so impressed with its size. Went on a private sail boat cruise around the island. Had a night out at a bar that was underground in a natural cave. So many wonderful things.

On our last day, we wanted to take one last trip around the island on the moped. Got to the other side and the skies opened up unexpectedly. Poured rain probably harder than I have seen in a long time. We got soaked to the bone. Problem was that we had already checked out of the hotel so no place to change. When I returned the moped (adjacent to the hotel), I told the owner I had a major complaint about his moped. He asked "what was the problem?" I looked him straight in the face, I was literally dripping wet and said - " the roof leaks terribly!"

Managed to change our wet clothes in the bathroom before catching a cab to the airport. Great memories.

Comment

Originally posted by TheZZMan View Post
                  they drive on the wrong side of the road (that was tough to get used to)
                  I know I should bite my tongue. But I remember distinctly, as our van was driving us from the airport in Tanzania to our hotel, prior to climbing Kilimanjaro, a woman who happened to have flown on the same plane my son and I had, calling out to the driver those exact words you wrote. Damn it, it isn't the wrong side of the road, it is the opposite side of the road we happen to drive on. It is a little thing, but it speaks to a smugness when we call what other people do differently then us as wrong. Later on our trip as we went on a day long excursion after our climb, I spent many hours discussing lots of different topics with the driver, and this very subject came up.

I know you meant no disrespect, but it is these kinds of words/statements that disturb many people from other countries when it comes to how or why they hold certain feelings or opinions about us.

The Ultimate V (The UV)
                  Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                  Heated Bundled LAS
                  Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

Originally posted by rbi99 View Post
                    I know I should bite my tongue. But I remember distinctly, as our van was driving us from the airport in Tanzania to our hotel, prior to climbing Kilimanjaro, a woman who happened to have flown on the same plane my son and I had, calling out to the driver those exact words you wrote. Damn it, it isn't the wrong side of the road, it is the opposite side of the road we happen to drive on. It is a little thing, but it speaks to a smugness when we call what other people do differently then us as wrong. Later on our trip as we went on a day long excursion after our climb, I spent many hours discussing lots of different topics with the driver, and this very subject came up.

I know you meant no disrespect, but it is these kinds of words/statements that disturb many people from other countries when it comes to how or why they hold certain feelings or opinions about us.
                    LOL, was only talking from my perspective as a moped driver in another country. No disrespect to anyone, only my strange experience being somewhere else and having to adjust MY habits based on their customs.

Comment

The Yanks that work at the Base sometimes forget themselves and start driving on our wrong side of the road, if they get caught or noticed, they will be sent back Stateside the next day. There was an American chap who didn't like the tree limb above his car space, so he cut the limb off. It was a tree sacred to the local Aborigines, he was dispatched back to the States before the limb hit the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by TheZZMan View Post
                        LOL, was only talking from my perspective as a moped driver in another country. No disrespect to anyone, only my strange experience being somewhere else and having to adjust MY habits based on their customs.
                        While we were there I never drove, and for good reason - those drivers are crazy!!! Apparently in Tanzania, if you have a car and want to make a turn, little things like people in your way don't stop you!!! My driver drove like a bat out of hell, and many of the streets there were built during the war and cars were not nearly as wide. OMG, a dozen times I thought we were going to run multiple people over. It was far scarier then the mountain.

The Ultimate V (The UV)
                        Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                        Heated Bundled LAS
                        Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

In Mexico, many roads have two lanes with one lane bridges. The custom is the first person to flash their head lights gets to go first. It’s tough on drivers who haven’t learned the custom yet.
                          Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
                          12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
                          12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
                          01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
                          01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
                          01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
                          Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

When I first read the post I was going through my head all the places I visited and have fond memories. Bermuda was great and so was Germany and then there was the Caribbean cruise were we visited 4 different countries, all unique in their own right. All great memories. Then I realized my favorite place to visit is anywhere where ZZM is because each location brings its own set of adventure but none would be great if he weren't with me. (I know sappy but true!)

Comment

By no means the ultimate destination, but I have been in Ghana(Africa) to put on a medical/dental/educational clinic for 7 days in a rural village. The community was mostly malnourished, and possessions were few (most of the kids played soccer on the rocky terrain without shoes)...yet each had a huge smile and were so welcoming and kind to all of us.

It's definitely an experience that shaped my life. It sounds cliche, but it truly puts in perspective the things we all take for granted --health, food and water, clothes, access to somewhat affordable healthcare-- and makes a lot of things we place so much importance and priority in our lives less important(like...um...penis size&#129325

Comment

Working...
                              X