Fat Shaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Shaming

Yeah man I was at my skinniest and most athletic in the 2000's when the 2010's came along I became obese but in the 2000's my friends and family and even me would routinely fat shame and I must say that fat shaming really kept me in shape.

Hardly think that having someone else insult you in person is proper motivation to get into shape. For me it was watching Rocky Movies when he trains like the devil using everyday stuff - punching slabs of meat, using rocks to make weights, running up stairs, stuff like that. Oh, and you need a good theme some while you are at it.

Comment

Fat-shaming is wrong, but I do think these "Fat Acceptance" movements are equally wrong. Encouraging unhealthy lifestyles just to make obese children feel attractive? That's not doing them any favors. Obesity is a curable problem, no matter how much people like to blame theirs on genetics, claiming it's their natural build. Yes some people are naturally stockier than others, but no one is naturally obese.

At the end, one's weight is their own business. No one should make them feel like utter shit for it, but no one should enable them by comforting them with lies either.
      Vitex
      Last edited by Vitex; 02-27-2018, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitex View Post
        Fat-shaming is wrong, but I do think these "Fat Acceptance" movements are equally wrong. Encouraging unhealthy lifestyles just to make obese children feel attractive? That's not doing them any favors. Obesity is a curable problem, no matter how much people like to blame theirs on genetics, claiming it's their natural build. Yes some people are naturally stockier than others, but no one is naturally obese.

At the end, one's weight is their own business. No one should make them feel like utter shit for it, but no one should enable them by comforting them with lies either.
        It is not coddling them to make them feel better, it is about respecting another human being for the person that they are big, fat, small, skinny - doesn't matter, they are a human being full of life and vigor. When you start looking at your fellow man/woman in that light is when you get past superficial crap that you believe and start understanding how precious life is and how great that everyone around you - friend or stranger is here to enjoy it with you. I judge nobody on appearances.

If you have been fat shamed in the past, I apologize for what ever small person did this to you.

Comment

Fat shaming is bad news. Just like skinny shaming is.

Some people just can't control their weight due to health issues.

Let me live baby, let me live!
          You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

Well I for one think shaming other humans is a great idea. For me it's right up there with kicking dogs and killing kittens. Now that's fun!
            The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

We need to bring back terrible thread shaming.
              How did I get here?

Well I was looking for Pygmy.com (I gotta thing for small people, so what), and ended up here.
              And I've been here ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteMorpheousLaVey88 View Post
                Yeah man I was at my skinniest and most athletic in the 2000's when the 2010's came along I became obese but in the 2000's my friends and family and even me would routinely fat shame and I must say that fat shaming really kept me in shape.
                Well the fat shaming ob didn't work as you said yourself you then went fat in 2010.
                Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

Fat shaming is not a positive response to a person's weight issues, even if this form of bullying (and that's exactly what it is) worked for you.

And, I would argue it definitely did NOT work for you, since you admit to becoming overweight once again.

An effective weight loss program has three very important components:

1. Diet
                  2. Exercise
                  3. Mental health

If one of these three components is missing, no matter how you lost the weight, you will gain it back.
                  Kimberly
                  PEGym.com

Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/pegym

Comment

You sound like a real charmer!
                    The name's Tamora...TVR Tamora...with a capital "T".

Lots of living to do yet unseen and a more stories yet untold!

Comment

I was only overweight after the fat shaming stopped which was in the 2010s all throughout 2000's i was skinny.
                      WhiteMorpheousLaVey88
                      Last edited by WhiteMorpheousLaVey88; 02-28-2018, 01:16 PM.

Comment

I was only overweight after the fat shaming stopped which was in the 2010s all throughout 2000's i was skinny.
                        Do you feel shaming is the only or best way you could have been motivated to make progress?
                        Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                          Do you feel shaming is the only or best way you could have been motivated to make progress?
                          Fat shaming has kept me in the best shape/skinny all throughout the 2000's and in the 2010's all my weight loss attempts have been fueled by shame in being fat there are other things that motivate me besides that but fat shaming does help me lose weight.

Comment

Fat shaming has kept me in the best shape/skinny all throughout the 2000's and in the 2010's all my weight loss attempts have been fueled by shame in being fat there are other things that motivate me besides that but fat shaming does help me lose weight.
                            If I was obese I wouldn't need anyone to "Fat shame" me ... The mirror would be enough shame to make me want to make changes. Its not all about how other people view or judge you, its more about how you feel about yourself. There is nothing more motivating than taking a look in the mirror.

Comment

Can you honestly say you've had no negative effects from being shamed? Do you feel this may, at least in part, be responsible for emotions fueling the anti-human nature of some of your posts (e.g.- Occasionally I'll Go On YouTube And Laugh At Peoples Deaths)?
                              Big Al
                              Administrator
                              PEGym Editor
                              Male Enhancement Coach Rep.
                              PEGym Hero
                              Last edited by Big Al; 02-28-2018, 03:57 PM.
                              Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Working...
                              X