School Shootings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Shootings

Okay guys I need a bit of help on this one.It seems me and a bottle of very good rum were thinking about this last night and we didn't come up with any answers so maybe you guys can help.

So it seems we had a nutcase go kill some kids in school. Personally I would have shot the teachers and left the kids alone; never liked teacher much. Well of course it goes right to guns. Funny when a messed up kid shoots people with a gun and we blame the gun but if the same kid runs over a few people we never blame the car do we? Hmm!

So off we go into gun control and walking out of school and all that. Hey I bet you guys didn't hear of that nut kid in Utah who brought a bomb to school and left it in the cafeteria? Got very little news coverage because it didn't go off. Maybe it would have been better if it went off and killed a few kids because maybe it would have turned the conversation to what my bottle of rum and I were thinking.

These kids, and they are kids and not adults, go back to their school to kill. What the hell goes on in these schools that makes a kid so angry, so hateful, that he wants to go back and kill? We would guess that these kids are out on the fringe and don't need much to set them off but they do get set off in a most violent way? What is going on in those hallways and classrooms as well as the social media that goes with it that makes them want to kill? Maybe instead of looking at the guns which should be looking at the school environment/social media atmosphere that seems to be really messing up some fragile minds. Maybe there is more bullying,more taunting, more outcasting of others then has been let on. What do you guys think? For me I'll try to figure it out tonight with some more rum but you guys could help
    CUSP82
    Administrator
    Admin of the Month Dec 2014
    PEGym Hero
    Last edited by CUSP82; 03-15-2018, 12:59 PM.
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

I think you're on to something Cusp. It doesn't make sense to me that the curriculum includes math, physics and english as well as physical education yet there's no focus on your emotional well-being. While school attempts to care for your body and brain you're left with a soul that is rotting away. They don't seem to care about your state of mind. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how good you are at math, physics or english if you hate your life and don't experience any happiness. I think the responsiblity of schools should expand to focus on the well-being of students. Many children come from dysfunctional homes yet they don't receive any help when they're at school in form of therapy or counceling. On top of that, they hardly pay any attention to the toxic environment outside the classrooms which is sadly a disparaging and bullying environment.
    Zyxciz
    Last edited by Zyxciz; 03-15-2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Maybe they are driven into an emotional state due to how other treated them or their enviroment. Or maybe it's that they have a true mental illness such as schizophrenia. Many of these mass murderers were showing bizzare behavior before the shootings took place.

30 years ago I worked at a phychatric hospital and at the time anyone who appeared to pose a threat to their self or others could be brought in against their will for evaluation by a psychologist. At least 99% of them were admitted to the hospital. Now days they have to actually commit the act first.

As CUSP said, there are many ways to commit mass murders. Unfortunately these shootings are a copy cat way of commiting such crimes. Take the guns away and the next nutcase uses a car or a bomb what do you think the next one is going to do? If they are intent on killing as many people as they can and see a way that someone else has successfuly done it, then most likely they will do the same.
      To totally satisfy a woman sexually is not about having a large penis, it's about being a good lover.

Comment

This issue is a touchy one for sure.. I will first state, I am a person that is pro firearms, owned and operated in a responsible manner, I own a few myself perfectly legal like (was just doing some mid range shooting last week).. I have never had the urge to pick up any of them to go and shoot up a public place.. It's not that I don't have access to them, and a few thousand rounds of ammo at any given time, lol.. I just don't have that in me and have never once thought about it.. I have shot many "live" targets while hunting, I more then well know the damage caused by bullets.. Is is not pretty!!

It is so easy for the liberal/demo crowd to hop on the anti gun wagon, there always needs to be that scape goat to blame, so lets blame the guns and owners.. That's easy enough, take the 300 million plus guns in "Murica" and most likely trillion rounds of ammo and that will solve, I'm sure of it!! I say good luck with that one, haha..

I personally am more interested in why's and what's, that makes a person pick up that tool (yes, a firearm is a tool) and decides to go out and kill people.. What drives them to do this mentally.. The Left seems to be fearful of the answer, so my question is why?? ​

A few studies I've read seem to point the finger at fatherless households and video games.. Also, these "Clinton" era "Gun free" make a target rich environment for the active shooters, firing at will.. All the more argument for qualified people to be CC'ing.. U never hear anything of the shootings that were stopped by someone carrying because they don't "Fit" the media dead and destruction count and the agenda they push..

Does it bother me that someone in the line up is carrying at the 711?? No it does not, A: it's a safer zone because they have it, and B: I DON'T know if/if not they are "packing" so why bother thinking about it and finally C: IT'S A FELONY TO BRANDISH A FIREARM IN PUBLIC UNLESS FOR SHOOTING A PERP OR FOR SELF DEFENSE, yes Liberals, drop that concealed carry or pull it out, u go to jail.. U are not a well adjusted individual if someone that can legally possess a gun, has one and is in your presents.. Someone that has a licence to carry and is registered to carry, is not going to rob a place with that kind of paper trail and that gun, lol..

But really who is to say.. I understand the rage that comes from bulling etc. and how that can build up over time til someone gets there ass severely kicked (it only took me breaking someone's nose, and knocking few teeth out of another for it to stop.. No one touched me in school again the whole time I was in HS, haha)..

Today's system is to blame, kids are not allowed to show the "minor aggression's" that is part of deciding the pecking order in the group.. When the bully, bullies he/she seems to be allowed to do so with impunity by the teachers.. When the "bullied" starts to get a back bone to finally defend themselves, they are stopped immediately for an "over aggression".. Hauling to a school shrink for the "What's troubling u??" first.. They might get put on meds they don't need 9 times of 10, and then they will go to the principals office lastly if needed..

It just is not right and it obviously is NOT working.. That "Liberal" way of thinking that behaviors of kids can be mod'ed out is just plan wrong.. And we are now seeing the results of that progressive 90's early 2000's way of thinking.. I graduated the year after Columbine.. I lived in a time when we were bullied.. We got to pound the crap out of the bully back.. No one brought a gun or knife to "get even" after loosing the fight.. They ether avoided each other after that, or more often then not once it was settled, they became friends the end.. Yes Millennial's u read that right, friends..

Also would like to add.. Leaving kids to have a say in modern firearms legislation.. Yeah, that is one of the dumbest ideas I have seen yet.. It's as good as the made up term "Full Semi Auto" haha..
        master-gauge
        Member of the Month May 2016
        Last edited by master-gauge; 03-15-2018, 02:50 PM.
        Start: 11/2013: BPEL: 4.73" MEG: 4.5"
        Best: BPEL: 7" MEG: 5.625"
        Current:BPEL: 7" MEG: 5.5"

Comment

Parenting, it starts at birth of a child.

What you get out depends upon what you put in. Sure it is difficult. Got to have kids working with and talking to parent(s).
          Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
          Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

I really think things like this here have a real bearing on ppls behaviors over the last 30 yrs.. We don't get along too well with plastics in the system and that is well documented..

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ter-study-says
            Start: 11/2013: BPEL: 4.73" MEG: 4.5"
            Best: BPEL: 7" MEG: 5.625"
            Current:BPEL: 7" MEG: 5.5"

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
              Okay guys I need a bit of help on this one.It seems me and a bottle of very good rum were thinking about this last night and we didn't come up with any answers so maybe you guys can help.
              I don't understand why you question your abilities writing good text sober.

Originally posted by CUSP82
              Funny when a messed up kid shoots people with a gun and we blame the gun but if the same kid runs over a few people we never blame the car do we? Hmm!

Guns are made to kill while cars are made to travel.

Comment

Yes guns were made to kill. We live because of guns. It got kind of hard hunting for food with sticks and rocks. Now a bow an arrow were made to kill; why not pick on them?
                The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I don't know why these anti-gun activists think that banning guns is going to solve this problem. Bombs are made to kill aren't they? If you were to take away the guns what might the next trend be? A successful attempt such as this would be a strong possibility.
                  So off we go into gun control and walking out of school and all that. Hey I bet you guys didn't hear of that nut kid in Utah who brought a bomb to school and left it in the cafeteria? Got very little news coverage because it didn't go off. Maybe it would have been better if it went off and killed a few kids because maybe it would have turned the conversation to what my bottle of rum and I were thinking.
                  All these people are screaming gun control and nobody is questioning what is setting these kids off in the first place. CUSP made a good point here.

These kids, and they are kids and not adults, go back to their school to kill. What the hell goes on in these schools that makes a kid so angry, so hateful, that he wants to go back and kill? We would guess that these kids are out on the fringe and don't need much to set them off but they do get set off in a most violent way? What is going on in those hallways and classrooms as well as the social media that goes with it that makes them want to kill? Maybe instead of looking at the guns which should be looking at the school environment/social media atmosphere that seems to be really messing up some fragile minds. Maybe there is more bullying,more taunting, more outcasting of others then has been let on. What do you guys think? For me I'll try to figure it out tonight with some more rum but you guys could help
                  Cavalier
                  Retired Super Moderator
                  Member of the Month Feb 2015
                  PEGym Hero
                  Last edited by Cavalier; 03-17-2018, 07:41 PM.
                  To totally satisfy a woman sexually is not about having a large penis, it's about being a good lover.

Comment

OP, what's your opinion as a teachers hater about your buddy Trump willing to arm teachers?!
                    Length 7.7" Girth 6.4"
                    Goal L 8.3" G 6.8"

Purity and simplicity are the two wings with which man soars above the earth and all temporary nature.

Comment

I believe it all starts at home, how parents are raising their children!? All these violent video games, on tablet, laptop, smartphones are effecting kids mentality and who is watching that?! No parents nobody!! Kids come from school instead of studying and reading some useful book they hold their tablets playing violent games until sleep time.

At end, all the killers get labeled as psycopaths!!

Where is the school and parents responsibility?!
                      Who gave them the gun, how did they reach to this state of mind?! Ofcourse they didnt get a bad dream and decided to kill!! There is a process that must be tracked..

Weapons use must be limited to house use, not anyone can carry a gun on thsir waist and walk on the street. It must be limited to ppl who are in critical positions, meaning their lives in danger.

Even in countries that have big political conflict or war zone countries, individuals are very restricted of holding guns out of house. Why is it different in the US?! Are you in an always emergency state?!
                      Only license guns for house use against thieves..etc Any normal individual(no military or political position) must be arrested for carrying weapon on the street.
                      Length 7.7" Girth 6.4"
                      Goal L 8.3" G 6.8"

Purity and simplicity are the two wings with which man soars above the earth and all temporary nature.

Comment

I have a concealed carry permit that allows me to carry a firearm anywhere. I never do, but I got the permit so if I felt like it was a good idea to carry, I could. To get the permit, I had to submit a background form to the state police who looked into my record on file to see if I was a threat. I also had to take a course on firearm safety, understand the rules, pass a test on the rules and also demonstrate my proficiency to be able to load a gun, shoot accurately and satisfy a trained authority that I was competent to use and carry a firearm. Oh, I had to present my verified shooting target to the state police when I requested the permit. If I didn't shoot well, probably would not have got it. I remember the instructor walking the line of all the class shooting and when he got to me he looked at my target and said "very nice".

Comment

I remember seeing pistols openly on the hip of guys just going to the grocery store with their kids when I was in the US . My cousin had to ban guys from carrying them to work on his constructions sites .

We don't have that here only people you see with pistols are police . I am told you can get a licence but I don't know of anyone that has one . A licence for a non semi auto rifle is easier though there are still hoops to jump .
                          We have not had a mass shooting for many years since the guns laws were tightened up.

Comment

By the by many terrorists have had the idea to use bombs for mass murder but none have been successful .
                            Several terrorists have had to resort to knives being unable to source a gun and were less successful as a result .
                            The terrorists that did source guns were unable to get machine guns and the like and were less successful as a result .
                            For that matter non has managed to get a semi auto rifle .

Only mass murder I can remember in recent years was done with a knife . That involved a crazy woman killing her own kids. There was an incident with a car can't remember if that was mass murder it might have been there was some argument if that was a terrorist or a crazy.

In any case mass murder is very rare since aussie changed it's guns laws . The reason they were changed is we also had US style mass shootings happening on a regular basis .

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                              I remember seeing pistols openly on the hip of guys just going to the grocery store with their kids when I was in the US . My cousin had to ban guys from carrying them to work on his constructions sites .
                              How long ago and where in the US was that? Other than a couple of guys who were hunting I have never seen anyone openly carry a pistol in my 56 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X