Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veganism all the way!

So today I became a vegan.

It's bothered me for years about eating animals, thankfully I don't drink milk (we all know how horrific that process is) but kept turning a blind eye to it.

I go to farms at weekends to pet the animals then finish the day with a burger. Well no more!

The trigger..today I watched a film where they were going to deep fry baby chicks and I thought that's it, no more animals are going suffer to fill my tummy.

So my post is to urge the rest of you to go meat free one day per week!!

I know it's day one but I think this is appropriate

17af0adc9d0111f387ff9a02172da16a.jpg
    closed251
    Member of the Month Nov 2016
    Last edited by closed251; 04-21-2018, 10:12 AM.
    Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Good for you! Will you have to adjust lots more stuff from your diet other than meat?
    EL: 5 3/4", EG: 4 7/8" | 2020

Comment

Well I’ll never be a Vegan but I do have meat free days, not intentionally. I just like a plain cheese pizza for dinner now and then or a grilled cheese and tomato soup. Sometimes just pancakes for dinner.

As as far as the way we process animals for their meat. We are much more humane to them than we are to other humans. Just sayin’.
      A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

Cheese made from dairy is also against the vegan's constitution. Is honey also?
        Progress Log | Extender Progress Log
        Recommended Routine
        2016 (5 1/2 x 4 1/2) > 2017 (7 5/8 x 5 5/8) > 2020 (8 x 5 3/4) > Oct 2021 (7 1/2 x 5 3/4)
        BPEL Gains: 2.5" | MEG Gains: 1.25"

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post

As as far as the way we process animals for their meat. We are much more humane to them than we are to other humans. Just sayin’.
          That doesn't justified anything. And I don't know if letting animals live very short life spans to be then slaughtered is humane.
          Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dance Sucka View Post
            Good for you! Will you have to adjust lots more stuff from your diet other than meat?
            Yeah I know, I've just been reading up on things today.

I'm going to have to be careful with my make up too!

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimate Burrito View Post
              Cheese made from dairy is also against the vegan's constitution. Is honey also?
              1c034440867bfc4355c7ae3955260d84.jpg

Comment

The thing about becoming a vegan is 80% of them end up going back to meat at some point for protein.. As they study it, it seems to be not sustainable for the long haul (years) for most people..
                Start: 11/2013: BPEL: 4.73" MEG: 4.5"
                Best: BPEL: 7" MEG: 5.625"
                Current:BPEL: 7" MEG: 5.5"

Comment

I would have been a vegan but I really love food. I love both vegan and non vegan recipes. In my country the industries are much less cruel due to their smaller scale and my family farms a big part of the meat I eat (and all of the fish I eat, because my father goes fishing). I've tried being vegan for 2 weeks and as far as the way my body reacted I should give you some advice. Never eat plain pasta with sauce as a "vegan" meal. You need a lot of leafy greens, especially spinach. Lot's of grains,beans, lentils etc. Also try soy products. I recently cooked some spicy soy with red sauce and it was so incredibly tasty. Also don't forget fats as many vegans forget. Avocado should be your friend. A good amount of fats and protein is essential in every diet, mind that. Furthermore, jump on B12 supplementation. Vegan foods used to have B12 but now they don't. (wait what?) Most of B12 is found in soil which we wash off. Even animals in the industry consume B12 supplements for that reason. Also I would take some zinc too but hey that's just me. Have fun experiencing this new cousine. I am really happy for your choice, maybe one day I will follow along.
                  Starting Stats: BPEL:6.4" MEG: 4.5" (18/02/2018)
                  Current: BPEL:7.0" MEG 4.6" (25/08/2018)
                  Goal: BPEL 7.5"+ MEG: 5"+
                  Check out my progress log: https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...-my-stick.html

Comment

Originally posted by master-gauge View Post
                    The thing about becoming a vegan is 80% of them end up going back to meat at some point for protein.. As they study it, it seems to be not sustainable for the long haul (years) for most people..
                    There is a ton of high protein vegan foods, the problem is most people who are vegan actually eat like sh*t protein wise. Only greens and pasta. Trust me eat beans, lentils, tofu, soy each day and you will feel really really strong. There will be no gas emissions because your body will be used to it.
                    Starting Stats: BPEL:6.4" MEG: 4.5" (18/02/2018)
                    Current: BPEL:7.0" MEG 4.6" (25/08/2018)
                    Goal: BPEL 7.5"+ MEG: 5"+
                    Check out my progress log: https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...-my-stick.html

Comment

Originally posted by master-gauge View Post
                      I thought this good to know

7c90af908c432f527519195af227fd08.jpg

Comment

Some cells are ok to eat, other ones are not ?
                        Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
                        Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Oh Tara has jumped on the Vegan train. Choo choo. You do know that Thomas is a meat eater, right, I mean coal is just the remains of dead animals over time, oh, so is gasoline BTW. Just funnin’. XOXO m
                          A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by Tara123 View Post
                            The trugger..today I watched a film where they were going to deep fry baby chicks and I thought that's it, no more animals are going suffer to fill my tummy.
                            You know many of those vegan documentaries use footage from other countries. The recipe you mentioned come from Thailand and would not be popular in Western countries.

That being said, while I don't agree with the ethical argument of veganism I do agree that idea of eating less meat and dairy from a health perspective. We could stand to eat more nuts, seeds, beans, and vegetables and less meat every week.
                            Sex is the great leveler, taste the great divider. - Pauline Kael

Comment

I have a brother in-law that is vegan, he weighs in at close to 350 pounds. Don't know how that is possible, but it is fact. Obviously he is eating the wrong things in the wrong quantities. So, to not have things sneak up on you, step on the scale daily and watch your progression. I know first had that you don't notice weight gain by looking in the mirror. I ballooned up the 235 pound a year ago, never really noticed until I had the "Oh No" moment in the mirror. Have lost close to 45 pounds since and feel better for it. Just watch what you consume, make sure you are getting the basic nutrients your body needs and hope you find flavor and enjoyment in your new lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
                              X