Can you major in Psychology of Sex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you major in Psychology of Sex?

Im going back to school next semester with an intention of switching my major back to psychology . It was my first major but I switched it and now I want to go back because of A) I like studying the mind and how everything works , B) I deal with Pre-E and one day I will solve my problem and I feel like this could be a big business one day . Many men suffer from pre-e or ED and it’s not advertised on tv or at doctors like it should be ... So question is do you think that there is a field in psychology that has to do with sexual activity . I’ve looked it up and the best thing I got was a sex therapist . That would be a cool Job for someone who has expierenced through it and can give first hand testimonial about situations and has a degree in psychology . After solving my Pre-E, I want to be an admin on this site and help out others and fix their problem. I think many people would pay for personal trainers in their life to improve their sex life . People pay for gym trainers , tutors for school ! A lot of people don’t know they have problems or are to shy to talk about it and just keep it to themselves not being able to please their partner . So what do you guys think ?

I was wondering if there are really so many out there with pre-e or ED, because all the friends i had so far never reported any of these problems, and have been with many girls most of them, some of them in their 30s-40s..I myself have a pre-e sort of problem, but not pshychological, my frenulum seems to be the problem, and jelqing/edging seems to help a lot, if i managed to jelq before sex i wouldn t end up ejaculating sooner than 10minutes at least.
    Sounds like a good idea to make a few bucks(maybe), but i don t see so many tips available for a proper teacher in pre-e or ED, and most of the info is already on the internet for free. I read a book on female-male orgasms and on what they depend/rely on, typologies for couples, some sort of information that helps you find a long-term/short-term partner..Aside from the psychological facts it presents and other interesting facts on life-sex life-general health it seems to be full of BS (no pun intended) as it has over 300 pages, most of them being filled out with tipogramic examples of how some men/women are born and raised and which are good for each other etc..The best part of it however is the rational/irational male/female types ilustrated with geometric figures to represent them and what specific needs/type of moods they have and the colours they like.

Comment

Might be possible?? The next "Masters and Johnson" maybe??
      Start: 11/2013: BPEL: 4.73" MEG: 4.5"
      Best: BPEL: 7" MEG: 5.625"
      Current:BPEL: 7" MEG: 5.5"

Comment

Originally posted by Shikamaru View Post
        Im going back to school next semester with an intention of switching my major back to psychology . It was my first major but I switched it and now I want to go back because of A) I like studying the mind and how everything works , B) I deal with Pre-E and one day I will solve my problem and I feel like this could be a big business one day . Many men suffer from pre-e or ED and it’s not advertised on tv or at doctors like it should be ... So question is do you think that there is a field in psychology that has to do with sexual activity . I’ve looked it up and the best thing I got was a sex therapist . That would be a cool Job for someone who has expierenced through it and can give first hand testimonial about situations and has a degree in psychology . After solving my Pre-E, I want to be an admin on this site and help out others and fix their problem. I think many people would pay for personal trainers in their life to improve their sex life . People pay for gym trainers , tutors for school ! A lot of people don’t know they have problems or are to shy to talk about it and just keep it to themselves not being able to please their partner . So what do you guys think ?
        It depends, are you talking at the undergraduate level? Then there is probably no specialization in Psychology of Sex.

If you get to the graduate level there are most likely concentrations that deal in this area. But most will be in the Psychiatry area as it is so associated with the physical body.

There are a number of academic journals (with associated associations) that you can look at for ideas:
        Archives of Sexual Behavior
        Psychology of Men & Masculinity
        Journal of Sexual Medicine
        Sexual and Relationship Therapy
        BJU International

If I were a younger man (and not already knee deep in a PhD) I'd definitely consider switching disciplines back to Psychology and work in this area, if only for the research part. I think a decent urologist could make a killing if he/she were to look at PE without prejudice.
        03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
        Thread
        12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

Comment

Originally posted by incogneeetoe View Post
          It depends, are you talking at the undergraduate level? Then there is probably no specialization in Psychology of Sex.

If you get to the graduate level there are most likely concentrations that deal in this area. But most will be in the Psychiatry area as it is so associated with the physical body.

There are a number of academic journals (with associated associations) that you can look at for ideas:
          Archives of Sexual Behavior
          Psychology of Men & Masculinity
          Journal of Sexual Medicine
          Sexual and Relationship Therapy
          BJU International

If I were a younger man (and not already knee deep in a PhD) I'd definitely consider switching disciplines back to Psychology and work in this area, if only for the research part. I think a decent urologist could make a killing if he/she were to look at PE without prejudice.
          That would be interesting i would say. I feel like i know a couple of guys that have told me about they lasted 5mins or less when they banged a really hot girl. So maybe it could be something in the future.

Comment

The formal name for this field is "Sexology". One would usually need a background in another discipline- like psychology or counseling. From there, specialization can begin. You'll study subjects like the history of sexology, sex-specific medicine, the nature of interpersonal relationships and more.
            Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Working...
            X