Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circumcision on NHS??

Hey guys,

So I have a problem that's really bringing me down right now and has been most my life. I used to suffer from Phimosis (tight foreskin), I went to the doctors when I was 19 and he recommended that I stretch it everyday which I did and then I could finally retract the foreskin for the first time in my life.

I then noticed that when I pull the foreskin as far back as possible in a flaccid state that my glans would pull down and point to the floor. This led me to believe that I also had a tight frenulum so I performed loads of researched and found 2 methods other than frenuloplasty. Either stretch the frenulum by pinching it, I tried this and it hurt and didn't feel effective. The other method was a frenulum tie where you insert a needle through with thread and tie it and it slowly cuts through over a few days. This worked but left with a small amount of hard skin on the glans.

So now I can retract my foreskin all the way back on flaccid to reveal the inner foreskin, my head still points down slightly but no where near as bad as it used to. The problem is that my foreskin always tries to roll forward on its own and when erect there's loads of it that just sits behind the glans. If I try and pull further than the corona when erect then it's painful. This is effecting my PE training as well as my confidence.

I'm just wondering if you think the NHS would accept me for circumcision as I'm a student so can't afford to go private right now?? Sorry for the long post but thought you should know as much as possible lol The foreskin has been a nightmare for me all my life and I just want it gone.
    Start: BPEL - 7.008", MEG - 5.197"
    Current: BPEL - 7.126", MEG - 5.118"

Goal: BPEL - 9", MEG - 6.5"

So you suffered from tight foreskin, wanted more foreskin and decided to work towards it. Now you don't want the foreskin? I'm not sure how the healthcare is in Europe, but in the states cases like this would be strictly for "aesthetic" purposes. Your insurance might now cover it. In Europe I guess you guys have free healthcare though? The only thing you could do is call and ask.

Comment

Originally posted by BBC Action View Post
      So you suffered from tight foreskin, wanted more foreskin and decided to work towards it. Now you don't want the foreskin? I'm not sure how the healthcare is in Europe, but in the states cases like this would be strictly for "aesthetic" purposes. Your insurance might now cover it. In Europe I guess you guys have free healthcare though? The only thing you could do is call and ask.
      What? Think you read it wrong. Where did I say I wanted more foreskin? I had tight foreskin, stretched it loosen it so I could pull it back, had tight frenulum, cut it off, now I can retract foreskin when erect but not to the point where I can see the inner foreskin. Why in gods name would I want more foreskin? I hate the damn thing. Yes we do get free healthcare here and phimosis is usually accepted but cause I can now retract I'm not sure if they will.

Comment

I guess I did read it wrong. I figured since you had tight foreskin at 19, you wanted more foreskin so you could pull it back. Then you started doing stretches to add some slack in the skin. Guess I read it wrong.

Comment

I guess I did read it wrong. I figured since you had tight foreskin at 19, you wanted more foreskin so you could pull it back. Then you started doing stretches to add some slack in the skin. Guess I read it wrong.
          Well I had Phimosis my entire life, it's not something you get at a later age. I guess the extra foreskin could be a result of the stretching but there's no way to tell really. I worked on stretching the phimotic ring outwards so this shouldn't result in more foreskin. At the end of the day my goal wasn't more foreskin, it was to be able to retract the foreskin which I accomplished.

Comment

I'm technically dealing with phimosis too. I've had tight foreskin due to circumcision as a baby. Because of that, I've developed "turkey neck" from PE. Couldn't develop foreskin to go over the glans though.

Comment

I don’t know the rules of the NHS. But if a doctor recommends it, it should be approved.
              Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
              12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
              12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
              01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
              01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
              01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
              Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

I'm technically dealing with phimosis too. I've had tight foreskin due to circumcision as a baby. Because of that, I've developed "turkey neck" from PE. Couldn't develop foreskin to go over the glans though.
                You really gonna troll me right now? I'm sorry mate but you've been a bit of a dick on these forums. If you don't want to help people then don't comment.

Comment

Originally posted by not2big View Post
                  I don’t know the rules of the NHS. But if a doctor recommends it, it should be approved.
                  I hope so. Generally if there's a medical reason for it and all other options have been exhausted then they will grant surgery. They "sometimes" allow it if it affects mental health too. I'm just hoping that they will accept it for the pain I get when it's erect and try to pull it back. Otherwise I have to wait about 2 years to go private.

Comment

Originally posted by djmotion View Post
                    You really gonna troll me right now? I'm sorry mate but you've been a bit of a dick on these forums. If you don't want to help people then don't comment.
                    LMAO my bad dude. I got phimosis confused with tight shaft skin. After doing some research on it, you should definitely be able to have surgery done.

Comment

LMAO my bad dude. I got phimosis confused with tight shaft skin. After doing some research on it, you should definitely be able to have surgery done.
                      Haha no worries. Couldn't tell if you was trolling me or being serious. Tight shaft skin would usually be a good thing I would imagine. Just gonna have to ask doctors. If not then I'll have to go private, think it's about £1700 but least they will put me to sleep. Ain't being awake through it

Comment

You could go to the docs for two reasons, physical pain or mental distress.... if you go for the latter if can take up to 2 years of assessments.

Maybe do a combination of both to get your referral?
                        Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

Have you considered stretching the frenulum in the same way as the foreskin?

Comment

Originally posted by Tara123 View Post
                            You could go to the docs for two reasons, physical pain or mental distress.... if you go for the latter if can take up to 2 years of assessments.

Maybe do a combination of both to get your referral?
                            So they would usually allow it for those reasons? The physical pain affects me mostly with foreplay but during sex it feels fine. I heard that they can give surgeries on the NHS if the problem causes mental issues but I never knew if it was true.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                              Have you considered stretching the frenulum in the same way as the foreskin?
                              No frenulum left to stretch as said in original post. I had a frenulum breve so I cut it off with a frenulum tie. I did try the frenulum stretching but it was extremely painful compared to stretching my foreskin.

Comment

Working...
                              X