Psychological Health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychological Health

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on mental health and what has worked for people to overcome issues. It doesn't have to be mental health but even just negative feelings or experiences in life.

So I suffer with Borderline Personality Disorder and severe Social Anxiety Disorder.

I'm currently waiting for therapy for BPD (been waiting 6-7 months) and I've just decided to basically completely reboot my social life because my friends became pretty much useless, I wouldn't see them in months or years. I've deleted Facebook, deleted numbers, etc. Apart from family living 40 mins away I'm completely alone now.

I start a job in the next week or 2 so maybe this will help me start my new social life. I don't know if I've made the right decision but I do think something needed to be changed. The idea is that I'll be working 37.5 hours a week as well as studying my final year engineering degree so I won't have time to feel sorry for myself.

The main thing I need help with now is coping without any communication because feeling alone can make you feel like shit and has been linked to significant reductions in life expectancy.

People are welcome to talk about their issues whether it's PE related or not.
    Start: BPEL - 7.008", MEG - 5.197"
    Current: BPEL - 7.126", MEG - 5.118"

Goal: BPEL - 9", MEG - 6.5"

I'm also about to start a new job this monday. My plan is just to survive and not crash. I don't want to focus too much on building a social circle, I just want to feel good and get help for my bpd. But I don't have to wait as long as you for therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zyxciz View Post
      I'm also about to start a new job this monday. My plan is just to survive and not crash. I don't want to focus too much on building a social circle, I just want to feel good and get help for my bpd. But I don't have to wait as long as you for therapy.
      That's NHS for you. Leave you to suffer. Good luck with your job, I'm just hoping it will help me forget about everyone being busy every second of the day. The extra money is just a bonus, can finally get my full driving license and get a car as well as a ps4 to kill any free time that I have.

Comment

I need to take note of this .....

"Being alone and happy doesn’t mean sequestering yourself from the world. It means being confident enough to know that you can surround yourself with people, but not depend on them for your own happiness."

I always think when they say you can be happy alone that it also means being isolated and happy. Isolation is the issue but being alone is completely fine.

Comment

We went through a rough patch a few years ago. Just as I was starting PE.
          The wife decided it was time to emigrate. So jobs were left behind, etc.

We had been encouraged by my family. But our move coincided with both my brothers getting divorced and my Dad's health failing. So instead two sisters-in-law and a father-law-for support my wife had no support system except me.
          Jobs were elusive. Money was tight. And culture shock you would not believe. She was angry.
          I got a shrink informally and it was obviously anger disorder. She took it all out on me. I was isolated from my own support network and had a real hard time. Nothing was working. I had been in a graduate program, but could not complete as I needed a practicum. I was depressed, and I took to isolating myself more and more, hiding from everyone.

But. believe it or not, PE got me through. The meditative aspects of PE were really helpful to me. Plus the improvements I made in terms of PreE gave my confidence a boost.
          03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
          Thread
          12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

Comment

For me it was my depression. It's an annoying and irritating thing to deal with and it's different for each person. Pills may work for one, but not another, and the same holds true for other things like therapy, booze, hobbies, or whatever else.

Pills didn't work for me, as they made me vomit, and various psychologists didn't do much for me. What finally did it, after years and years of trying to deal with my depression, in one way or another, was just not trying anymore. Instead of thinking that I had to fix it I thought of it more like something that was part of me, like an allergy or a birthmark. Sure, you can do something about allergies, but it's forever with you, usually, and it was the same as my depression. When I just accepted it as something I can't change it became far easier. It really relieved a lot of pressure I had on myself.

Of course I can still get depressed and it can get bad, but I feel that's normal with anyone and I deal with that specific thing, rarely, rather than trying to tackle depression itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Dontrike View Post
              For me it was my depression. It's an annoying and irritating thing to deal with and it's different for each person. Pills may work for one, but not another, and the same holds true for other things like therapy, booze, hobbies, or whatever else.

Pills didn't work for me, as they made me vomit, and various psychologists didn't do much for me. What finally did it, after years and years of trying to deal with my depression, in one way or another, was just not trying anymore. Instead of thinking that I had to fix it I thought of it more like something that was part of me, like an allergy or a birthmark. Sure, you can do something about allergies, but it's forever with you, usually, and it was the same as my depression. When I just accepted it as something I can't change it became far easier. It really relieved a lot of pressure I had on myself.

Of course I can still get depressed and it can get bad, but I feel that's normal with anyone and I deal with that specific thing, rarely, rather than trying to tackle depression itself.
              Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by incogneeetoe View Post
                But. believe it or not, PE got me through. The meditative aspects of PE were really helpful to me. Plus the improvements I made in terms of PreE gave my confidence a boost.
                I get what you mean. PE gave me a lot of relief during hard times, there are some days when it's difficult and I may find myself too stressed to even get hard for some of the exercises but having that goal to focus on gives me some drive and determination

Comment

Originally posted by Dontrike View Post

Yeah I still haven't found what works with me. Pills didn't, talking to friends, distraction, gym, etc. I got one more choice left and that's to work and study so I'm constantly burned out. Will see how it goes I don't think everyone gets depressed, everyone gets sad but not depressed lol

Comment

Originally posted by djmotion View Post
                    Yeah I still haven't found what works with me. Pills didn't, talking to friends, distraction, gym, etc. I got one more choice left and that's to work and study so I'm constantly burned out. Will see how it goes I don't think everyone gets depressed, everyone gets sad but not depressed lol
                    It doesn't have to be one thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                      It doesn't have to be one thing.
                      Yeah it's usually a combination of things. Pills did absolutely nothing for me except from screw up my Serotonin and made me worse. I have BPD though and medication is mostly ineffective for it. I think being active will be a massive help for me. Don't know whether to give meditation and mindfulness a proper shot too. I tried it before but found it frustrating, I might just need to learn it.

Comment

Yeah it's usually a combination of things. Pills did absolutely nothing for me except from screw up my Serotonin and made me worse. I have BPD though and medication is mostly ineffective for it. I think being active will be a massive help for me. Don't know whether to give meditation and mindfulness a proper shot too. I tried it before but found it frustrating, I might just need to learn it.
                        I suspect it's part of your answer.

Comment

I suspect a larger penis is part of your answer also .

Why because here you are, You decided to come here . You have a larger penis the goal in your sig > The journey you take .

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                            I suspect a larger penis is part of your answer also .

Why because here you are, You decided to come here . You have a larger penis the goal in your sig > The journey you take .
                            Very true. I think the process of PE can be therapeutic too. It's good to have goals no matter how small or big (no pun intended) they are.

Comment

I strongly agree with Dontrike's statement. We need to learn to let go of all the pressure we have on getting cured. This is our life, no matter how shit or terrible it may seem. It's still our life and we need to learn to love it DAMN IT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X