Coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee

There is a coffee company here in Louisiana that is pretty much the staple of the state. My heart doctor says I am not supposed to have coffee anymore due to A-fib. The reason I am starrting this thread is because this state staple coffee has lost its pizzaz. It is just getting bland. I drink my coffee black. Have been doing it that way for about twenty years. I have tried the two that start with F and M and they just don't seem to thrill me.

What is the coffee you drink? What do you recommend?

Oh yeah.

How has everyone been?
    I like to reminisce with people I don't know. Steven Wright

I like Community Coffee, Breakfast Blend; use it in my keurig.
    Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
    Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

This made me start thinking of Jacobs Kronung. I haven't had it in a while. I need to change that.

Comment

Kenyan coffee, particularly from the Nyeri region. I have a friend from there who sometimes brings me a bag or 2.
        Otherwise if I'm in the mood for just simple coffee, HEB Houston Blend is pretty good.

Comment

I generally prefer African. I love most of the Ethiopians for the bright citrus and floral notes. I also love Kenyans for their deeper fruits. Some of my favorite roasters right now are Color, Methodical, Madcap, George Howell, Sweet Bloom, and Heart. I also drink a lot of 49th parallel. They're a good roaster, for sure, but they also ship for free with an order of 3 or more bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangler View Post
            I like Community Coffee, Breakfast Blend; use it in my keurig.
            That's what i drink too. It just isn't doing the trick anymore. I use the K cups as well.

Comment

I prefer blond roast
              Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

Any particular brand/region/bean, or just blonde?
                I usually like a blonde as well- more subtle flavor, more caffeine (the darker the roast, the lower the caffeine)
                Though occasionally, and with the right bean, I enjoy a dark roast. I usually cut it slightly with whole milk, no sugar/honey/sweetener. I let the milk take the bitter edge off. IMHO, if you need sugar, either you haven't quite developed the palate for it yet (took me years) or your bean/roast/extraction is off.
                On that note, I'm not too picky on extraction. I have a Keurig, I have an old Mr. Coffee drip, I have a French Press, and I don't mind a percolator when camping. It wouldn't be camping without grounds in your teeth and coffee strong enough to stand a spoon in!

Comment

I like Kenya AA beans, darker roast.
                  I do not have a brand for you, as there are many small importers here in the ROK that sell beans online. I just use the local shopping app and find what is the best price for the beans I want.

Grind 'em at home and then use french press.
                  Some milk and sugar, in the AM, then the after lunch coffee is black.
                  03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
                  Thread
                  12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

Comment

Being an ol' bean buyer, the 'best' is Jamaican blue mountain, followed by Kona and Costa Rica beans.

Next time you want the good stuff and you THINK you're actually buying the 100% pure blend, read the label. 99% are a blend of the good stuff and an arabica roast (and it's usually around a 80:20 ratio in favour of the arabica. The pure stuff will cost you 3 times the price.

We went to Hawaii and I brought back Kona coffee for everyone - they all got the "blend", but I paid around $60 for 100% pure Kona for us. Also had friends that went to Costa Rica and I had them pick me up some coffee. When I told them about the "blend" and how I want 100% pure, they text me confirming I wanted it and would pay for it.

And yes, "black" is the way to drink it to taste all the flavour. Would you like water in your beer? Or maybe mix your beer with coke? Of course not, so why be sac religious with your coffee? :-)

NOTHING better than a warm sunny morning, sitting out on the deck sipping a nice brew, listening to the birds.
                    Original/Current Stats:
                    09 / 2017: BPEL 6.75" / NBPEL 6" / MEG 4.75" / BPFSL 7.25"
                    09 / 2019: BPEL 7.625" / NBPEL 6.625" / MEG 5" / BPFSL 8.125"

Realistic Goals:
                    BPEL 8" / NBPEL 7.0" / MEG 5.25"

Comment

I have heard of Blue Mountain, never had a chance to try it.
                      My folks did bring home some real Kona from.... well, Kona, when I was maybe 15 but the roast was very dark and I didn't have a great palate for it yet. Maybe I'll have to retry it!

Comment

Originally posted by Carguy88 View Post
                        and I don't mind a percolator when camping. It wouldn't be camping without grounds in your teeth and coffee strong enough to stand a spoon in!
                        Makes the best coffee and a must have for hurricane season. You just never know.

Comment

I've been hearing a lot about Black Rifle Coffee Company on some talk radio programs.

I just ordered some medium roast.

Comment

Let us know what you think! I've heard the name before, haven't tried it yet.

Comment

I would never put milk, cream or sugar in my tea or coffee as it does knock the taste off.
                              Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

Working...
                              X