Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of you have seen the movie "Avatar"? I just saw it this afternoon.
    How would you rate the movie?

I would give it **** stars. (jP

I've got a Tiger by the tail.

Originally posted by JonPop View Post

I haven't seen it yet but I've got the dvd already. Just a matter of finding the time to watch it. That good huh? 4 stars......not bad.
    It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

I also watched it today...well, half of it. So far I've enjoyed it visually more than the actual movie itself. I never even had any interest in seeing it until I was convinced by my housemates. Visually, its incredibly well made, but so far I'm only semi-impressed with the actual film.

Half way through the film, I'd rate it 3.5 stars
      Starting Stats:
      March 2010- BPEL: 5.75" MSEG: 4.80"
      Current Stats:
      November 2010- BPEL: 6.62" MSEG: 4.875"

Comment

I've seen it twice . And got more out of it the second time .
        A great perspective on our current civilization . Money before people . Rip out what you want and leave the droppings for the sheeple .
        It's great that this view point is going away . It's about time .
        I give it a 4.5 stars , as nothings perfect .
        maelsukr
        Retired Moderator
        PEGym Editor
        PEGym Hero
        Last edited by maelsukr; 05-17-2010, 12:14 AM.

Stretching my Friend in 3 dimensions.

Comment

I LOVED IT!
          Saw it in the theater a while back in 3-D, now own the DVD. We just watched it again on Friday night, and I really enjoyed it.

Comment

Let me add to that. I still remember seeing "Star Wars" (the very first one) in the theaters when it first came out. It was totally breathtaking, not like anything else I had ever seen. I felt the same way watching "Avatar" the first time. Between the movie itself and the use of 3-D, it was amazing.

Comment

I thought the movie was just utterly amazing and the story plot was really good . Can't wait for the second one to come out heck it made like 500 billion world wide ! I heared it was the first movie to use a lot of 3-D like 90% or more. The director made a gamble became a billionarie over a couple weeks. I give it 5 stars just loved the movie.

Comment

I hated every last minute of it. I would give it 1 star. It was just a terrible movie in every way. I don't give a shit how good it looked. The movie itself sucked.
                Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Originally posted by JonPop View Post

I just watched it a few days back .... I was not impressed initially but as the movie go along i really liked it .... It's got everything.

Comment

Wow! Mixed reviews. I think if I decide to see it, I should see it in 3-D--for the visual effects. I usually don't care for movies if they don't bend my mind in some way.

Comment

Yes, G4, if it is still showing in your area, by all means go and see it on the widescreen in 3D, with the surround sound, I'm sure it will bend your mind.
                      I messed around and missed it here. It had stopped showing in the theaters. I rented it on pay-per- view from DirecTv and now wish I had made the time to see it in all it's glory. (jP

Comment

Originally posted by Batwoman View Post
                        Let me add to that. I still remember seeing "Star Wars" (the very first one) in the theaters when it first came out. It was totally breathtaking, not like anything else I had ever seen. I felt the same way watching "Avatar" the first time. Between the movie itself and the use of 3-D, it was amazing.
                        Yes, me too. I went with my Son when it first came out. Stood in the very long line, searched peoples faces as they came out trying to judge their reaction. There hadn't been much preview with outtakes on T.V. like they do now so didn't have a clue as to what to expect. I too was blown away. Makes me lament now that I didn't make the effort to see Avatar in the theatre. Oh well, still immensely enjoyed it on the tube. Long ass movie though. (jP

Comment

Oh, too bad you missed it in 3D. It's really fabulous that way, especially all the scenes in the forest, where you can almost feel the leaves brushing by your face. Not to mention the aerial scenes....

Anyway, I bet they re-release it in 3D at some point and put it back in the theaters. I will definitely go back for that.

Comment

still think its one the besat films ever only other film i like the same as that is the green mile

Comment

Originally posted by Batwoman View Post
                              Anyway, I bet they re-release it in 3D at some point and put it back in the theaters. I will definitely go back for that.
                              Can I take you as a date?

Comment

Working...
                              X