No announcement yet.

Coronavirus- What's happening near you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronavirus- What's happening near you?

Gymnasts,

Let's talk about the elephant in the room if you will...The coronavirus.

What is going on in your state, country, etc.?

How are you preparing?

What is the state of others around you?
    How fair is thy love, my sister, my spouse! how much better is thy love than wine! and the smell of thine ointments than all spices! ~ Song of Solomon 4:10

For things to change, you have to change.” - Jim Rohn, The Art of Exceptional Living

The mall where I get my daily walking done, seems like less people there. I'm fixin' to buy a few more stock shares, when the dust settles; never try to catch a falling knife.

ooh, Regular grade gasoline, $1.889/gallon at Walmarts 'Murphy Oil"
    Dangler
    Senior Administrator
    ☼ Wizard ☼
    White Tiger Award 2015
    Last edited by Dangler; 03-09-2020, 08:59 PM.
    Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
    Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Well,

I live just on the edge of coronavirus central. China is just across the water, though that seems to be pretty well contains.

However, Korea is not out of the woods yet.

All the schools are closed and most people are telecommuting for work. So far it has been working, new infections have gone done over the last few days, from a high of 700 down to 121 today. But that may spike again tomorrow as a person in our borough was out last week and contracted the virus from a person at the next table. Then he went home. Across the street from us. The authorities have tracked his movements and know what he was doing, including a visit to Costco yesterday (as soon as Costco found out, they closed today to disinfect).

I have been teaching online since Feb 25th, and my son has been doing school online for as long.

Folks are going into their usual panic, buying up masks and stopping all activity out of the house. I'd say it has been working, but there are still those who don't practice good opsec.
      03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
      Thread
      12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

Comment

The coronavirus won't last long because it was made in China.
        You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

Sadly this is so overblown I didn't even go out and buy extra rum.
          The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I'm more concerned about heart disease. Speaking of it, KFC here I come for that new chicken and glazed donut sandwich.
            You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

Shit here In Egypt bro we don't know if we have Corona or not ... xDDDDD
              :angel:I'M FROM THE LAND OF THE Warriors , Real Fatal , Real Soldiers:angel:
              We Dropping Bombs
              :boxing:We Making Moves , We Never Lose:boxing:

Comment

I drink Corona all the time and never got sick ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                Progress Log | Extender Progress Log
                Recommended Routine
                2016 (5 1/2 x 4 1/2) > 2017 (7 5/8 x 5 5/8) > 2020 (8 x 5 3/4) > Oct 2021 (7 1/2 x 5 3/4)
                BPEL Gains: 2.5" | MEG Gains: 1.25"

Comment

LOL we Do the Same here xDDDDDDDDDDDD
                  We Dropping Bombs

Comment

CaptainBlack, Is it being talked about in your newspapers/tv/radio ?
                    Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
                    Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

yea they always do ... but they always say that there is nobody is affected yet some countries just recorded affected people came from egypt ... so we don't know if the virus is really here or not ! government always say no corona detected but we do not trust the government anyway ..
                      We Dropping Bombs

Comment

anyway we didn't see any real infected ppl yet ..
                        We Dropping Bombs

Comment

So this article from the Economist has both good and bad news . It suggests that the infection rate might be higher than previous thought in some countries like australia and US and vastly higher in countries like Indonesia .
                          On the other hand it suggests the death rate might be a lot lower . It also sugests some countries are going to be able to stop the spread internally.

[COLOR=var(--ds-color-economist-red)]Tracking the stealthy killer

[COLOR=var(--ds-color-economist-beijing)]Tourism flows and death rates suggest covid-19 is being under-reported

[COLOR=var(--ds-color-beijing)]Indonesia, Myanmar, Russia and the Philippines have confirmed just eight cases[/COLOR]
                          [COLOR=var(--ds-color-beijing)]Graphic detail[/COLOR]Mar 7th 2020 edition

[/COLOR][/COLOR]
                          MAR 7TH 2020

[COLOR=var(--ds-color-beijing)]In recent weeks covid-19, a deadly new disease, has slowed in China but spread widely elsewhere. China’s strict quarantine has led to a 90% decline in new infections, whereas outbreaks in Italy and Iran have grown rapidly. In the last week of February 70% of new diagnoses were outside of China. As covid-19 reaches countries unwilling or unable to monitor it, officials must use educated guesswork to track its evolution.

[COLOR=var(--ds-color-beijing)]The number of cases each country reports depends both on the number of infections and on how many people get tested. By March 1st South Korea had tested over 100,000 people; America just 472.

[COLOR=var(--ds-color-beijing)]To estimate the number of undetected cases, scholars can make use of patterns in more complete data. One model, built by a team at Harvard, used the number of people flying from Hubei province in China, where the outbreak began, to various countries to predict imported cases. Such data are less relevant now, because Hubei has been locked down for a month.[/COLOR]
                          [COLOR=var(--ds-color-beijing)]To derive fresh estimates, The Economist built a similar model. We tested the link within the oecd—a club of mostly rich countries, which should have strong detection capacity—between Chinese tourism in 2019 and confirmed covid-19 cases. As expected, oecd states that swapped lots of tourists with China, such as Switzerland, tend to report higher infection rates than do ones with small flows, like Belgium.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=var(--ds-color-beijing)]Applied worldwide, our model finds big outliers. The outbreaks in Iran, Italy and South Korea, where the virus is spreading internally, are bigger than tourist flows suggest. At the other extreme, countries like Singapore may have fewer diagnoses than expected because of strong containment efforts. But the Philippines, Russia, Myanmar and Indonesia have lots of people and tourism to and from China, and just eight confirmed cases in total. Thousands more have probably gone undetected.[/COLOR]
                          [COLOR=var(--ds-color-beijing)]Another pattern bolsters this finding. South Korea and China test regularly. In both places—excluding Hubei, where the virus began claiming lives before authorities formulated a response—0.5-1% of people who have tested positive have died. In other countries with at least one death, this rate is five times higher. Deaths are easier to count than infections are. The most likely explanation for this gap is that for every person diagnosed in these countries, four more do not know they[/COLOR]
                          [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Comment

I think some countries are really going to struggle with internal containment

Comment

china export everything xDD
                              We Dropping Bombs

Comment

Working...
                              X