Stanely Cup Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanely Cup Playoffs

This thread is long overdue. I know Big O and I are paying at least a little attention to how this is sizing up. I'm not too attached and don't have time to watch games, but I'm curious if anybody else here is interested in this tournament.

The semifinals are going to wrap up by the end of the week.

Tampa Lightning VS New York Islanders [Tampa leads this series 3 to 2. The winner of the series must win 4 games.]

Las Vegas Golden Knights VS Montreal Canadiens (aka Habs) [This series is tied 2 to 2, but Montreal is winning tonight's game 3-0 at the end of the 2nd period.]

The two winners of these games will go to the Stanley Cup Final. One team will take the cup.

I'm personally pulling for the Montreal Canadiens. When my team is out of the running, I start pulling for Canadian teams because Canada invented the sport, and because I'm part French Canadian. What I really want to see is Montreal and New York in the Cup final because it actually snows and ices over in those cities.

Alright, I'm going to bed, but I might try to peek at the 3rd period of Vegas VS Montreal before lights out.
    "The reputation of a man is like his shadow: it sometimes precedes him; it is sometimes longer and sometimes shorter than his natural size." - French Proverb

Yeah that's the finals I'm hoping for as well! Would be very interesting! I'm rooting for the habs at the moment, also part French Canadian.
    Start (03/31/20)
    BPEL: 7.3"
    MEG: 5"

Current (06/15/20)
    BPEL: 7.5" (+0.2")
    MEG: 5.3" (+0.3")

log

Comment

Let's go Islanders!
      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

It always seems to rain a lot when they play the Byron Nelson; but that's golf which I don't care about.
        Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
        Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

I'm rooting for the Islanders. Since my Caps are out, I'm at least going to cheer for my division.
          Start: 01/29/21 BPEL: 6.25", MEG: 5.1
          As of: 08/31/21 BPEL: 7.2", MEG: 5.6

Progress Log

Comment

Same here, Caps fan. Also rooting for Troz in that series. And the Habs in the other.

Comment

Well, I’m a Bruins fan first and an Avalanche fan second. Both of them went home earlier than I hoped. I’m totally rooting for the Islanders because I am tired of the Lightning beating the Bruins and winning Cups. And for some strange reason, I am slightly pulling for the Habs...this doesn’t compute as a B’s fan, but it seems to be how I’m leaning.
              Starting (2015) - BPEL: 6.5”, NBPEL: 5.0”, MEG: 4.5”
              May ‘20 - BPEL: 7.0”, NBPEL: 5.5”, MEG: 4.625”
              Oct ‘20 - BPEL: 7.125”, NBPEL: 5.625”, MEG: 4.625”
              Current (July ‘21) - BPEL: 7.25”, NBPEL: 5.75”, MEG: 4.625”

Comment

I managed to catch the last 8 minutes of Habs win in Vegas last night before I crashed. Those empty netters are so sweet when it's the team you want to see win.

As I'm typing this I just saw that Tampa scored again and is up 2-0 with about 7:00 left in the 2nd. Still almost half a game left. Really hoping New York can find their home ice edge andtake it back to Tampa for a series victory in game 7.

SCOOOOORE! New York Islanders SCOOOORE! Yeah!

Tampa 2 New York 1
                "The reputation of a man is like his shadow: it sometimes precedes him; it is sometimes longer and sometimes shorter than his natural size." - French Proverb

Comment

Aw shucks. I just realized I misspelled Stanley in the subject line of this post.

Well, I'm relieved that I found some guys who still knew what I meant when I said Stanely. LOL Glad this thread has life. Wasn't sure what to expect.

Comment

I missed New York Islander's victory in OT tonight, but thank the hockey gods we have a game 7 in Tampa. Good night.

Comment

Montreal won the semi-final series in game 6 against Las Vegas last night in OT. Final score 3-2. So the Habs advance to the Stanley Cup Final to play either New York Islanders or Tampa Lightning.

The contest between Tampa and New York will be decided in Game 7 of their tied series tonight.

Go Islanders!

Comment

I’m with you...Go Islanders!
                        Starting (2015) - BPEL: 6.5”, NBPEL: 5.0”, MEG: 4.5”
                        May ‘20 - BPEL: 7.0”, NBPEL: 5.5”, MEG: 4.625”
                        Oct ‘20 - BPEL: 7.125”, NBPEL: 5.625”, MEG: 4.625”
                        Current (July ‘21) - BPEL: 7.25”, NBPEL: 5.75”, MEG: 4.625”

Comment

Sorry to all who posted here pulling for the Islanders. But what a game it was!

And so the Stanley Cup Final will be:

Montreal Canadiens vs Tampa Lightning. Game 1 is at Tampa on Monday, June 28, 2021.

Go Habs

Comment

There is no joy in Mudville the mighty Casey struck out.
                            CUSP82
                            Administrator
                            Admin of the Month Dec 2014
                            PEGym Hero
                            Last edited by CUSP82; 06-26-2021, 10:24 AM.
                            The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Oh Habs, what are you doing to me?!?
                              03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
                              Thread
                              12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

Comment

Working...
                              X