The Facebook challenge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Facebook challenge!

Hello everyone, I am a recovering Facebook addict, I just deactivated my account tonight, and am going to see how long I can go without it. I will win the battle.
    I've realized that after me and my girlfriend got into an argument over it, that it is not worth having. I rarely use it to talk to anyone anymore and overall it has just been a huge distraction in my life since I started my first year in college in '08. Can't tell you how many hours I've spent just sitting there doing nothing productive. Hopefully this will help me do better than sit around doing counter-productiveness with Facebook. I know that when I'd be doing homework on my laptop I'd do like 5-10 minutes of homework and then hop on facebook for 20. So hopefully this will help my focus.
    And no, I was not a Farmville (Aka POINTLESS) player, or life-waster.
    Anyone else delete their Facebook just because it sucks?
    It's not just Penile Enhancement, it's a way of life.
    Millia's Dick Journey (NEW Introduction post!)

Only site i'm on regular is the 'Gym. I remember ten years ago if you talked to folk online you were a "geek", but now apparently if you're not on facebook you're a "freak"!

Comment

I've wanted to do this. I probably will soon. I know I will definitely not have one after I finish college.
      https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...nt-logger.html
      My Loggy Log

Comment

The time is just right to deactivate it. I have just a fraction under 1000 friends, and I only talk to maybe >50 of them? Most of the people on there are ex-friends from high school, and are fake as shit. Also a lot of dumb drama. I'll have more time to spend on here and writing articles now! WOOHOO!

Comment

Believe me mill, doing something like that, will be worth it. I have thought about getting rid of my fb, but I would like to keep in touch with all of my high school buddies so I'll keep it for now. But I had a similar experience with World of Warcraft. I was really addicted to it, and I still have the urge to play from time to time, but since I gave it up, I have taken up fitness, and PE, and many other things. Lol, infact, before I even heard about that game, I was well on my way to having a really healty lifestyle, but then I got a hold of that game lol. It has been almost a year since I have played it, and Im really glad I do not, even though I miss it lol
          "I came, I saw, I conquered"- Julius Cesear

Comment

Originally posted by millia View Post
            The time is just right to deactivate it. I have just a fraction under 1000 friends, and I only talk to maybe >50 of them? Most of the people on there are ex-friends from high school, and are fake as shit. Also a lot of dumb drama. I'll have more time to spend on here and writing articles now! WOOHOO!
            amen to that haha. I've given that a try for a month and eventually came back but with much better habits. i say set a limit per session or day and you'll be good. besides everything you actually want to read will still be there the next time you sign in, maybe in addition to new bullshit feed lol. the ideal use for facebook should be networking... but mostly seeing if whatsherface has a new hot friend then going out in the real world and finding a way to bump into her.
            happiesttrail
            Last edited by happiesttrail; 07-15-2010, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Social networking sites seems to be the worst thing ever to grace our computer screens.

You have made the rite choice.

Comment

I keep up with a lot of my friends via facebook. So I keep it. I'm on it maybe 10 minutes a day.... no biggie.
                Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

This is online database! For me Facebook and all similar sucks. Can be use against you...
                  No Signature

Comment

There's people on Facebook that I have no other way to talk to. Old friends and such. So I won't delete my account.

One thing I discovered to help Facebook addiction (yes I actually have addiction recovery methods ) -- set yourself up for email notifications. That way you only hear from people when they're talking to you, or commenting on your posts. No more wasting endless hours refreshing the Wall, checking for updates.
                    On a voyage to the end of the ruler :Cool2:

Comment

Phone updates on only things I care about. Private messages and comments.
                      Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                      Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                      Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                      http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Originally posted by Jason - PE ! View Post
                        Social networking sites seems to be the worst thing ever to grace our computer screens.

You have made the rite choice.
                        Mega Fuckin' Ditto!!!

Comment

I almost never go on since I finished school. I think its worse while you are in school. As soon as you are done and people start getting busy with work etc. You won't be on enough because its mostly your friends getting engaged and married etc.

Its not a bad networking tool and its pretty much the only way my college and grad school friends keep in touch, so its good for that. But with that said, I really hate FB.

Comment

The Gym is all the social networking I need

Comment

i tihnk people are moving to facebook and warcraft simply becaues T.V. sucks so bad these days. whether it's cooking shows, news, or family guy it all seems to me nothing but retarded monotonous bullshit. i never even upgraded to digital. i like movies but just can't handle the minute attention span required for tv.

so don't feel too bad about being addicted to WoW or facebook just try and regulate yourself. if you think you have a SERIOUS problem then yeah you might need to quit but otherwise just set some kind of limits on yourself.

for instance, i quit smoking becaues i'm a total chain smoker however with alcohol i can drink like a fish for 6 months then drop it in one day and never look back. just one of those things. if you really enjoy facebook and you're not just mindlessly trolling and not learning anything then yeah you should probably quit. otherwise just prioritize your time there.

as far as WoW you shoul probabyl quit whether your'e addicted or not because most of the people that play that game are shitheads. can't speak for FB cause i dont' use it.

Comment

Working...
                              X