Sample nutrition plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sample nutrition plan

Hi Guys, wanted to post this in conjunction with the sample body workout link. This post and, hopefully thread, will consider nutritional concepts. All input, personal or otherwise, is welcome. Nutrition is a difficult thing, but I will speak generally.

Breakfast - contrary to popular belief, breakfast SHOULD be your biggest meal. People will generally have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and then a huge serving for dinner. THIS IS COMPLETELY BACKWARDS. Try to remember this motto; "Eat like a King for breakfast, a Prince for lunch, and a Peasent for dinner." Basically, you can pretty much have however much you want for breakfast. Your first meal of the day is the fuel that your body will run on for the remainder of that day, so you might as well make it a good one.
    What I will do is hardboil about 15-20 eggs on Sunday night. Then, for the ensuing week, I wake up, throw on a campbells or chunky chicken noodle soup before I shower, and plop in 2-3 egg whites. Sound rediculous? Its really not.

Lunch 1 - In my experience, eating a huge lunch makes me real tired for the rest of the day. If you work 9-5 and plan on going to the gym after work, try not to have a great deal during your lunch break. I recommend a whole wheat turkey (or other cold cut) sandwich with mustard, if you can, as opposed to mayo. This is a good source of complex carbs and protein. If one sandwich won't cut it, try chugging a bottle of water before and after your meal. This will falsely make you feel "full."
    This is titled Lunch 1 because, in the event that you have either two lunch breaks or don't work at all, it is quite alright to have another small meal like this one about 3 hours later. Say Breakfast at 8, Lunch 1 at 11, and Lunch 2 at 2. This is truly optimal.

Pre-workout (around 5) - Assuming you are average Joe and don't have an NO Xplode drink, have a granola bar and a banana about 20 minutes before the gym, with cool but not COLD water. Granola bars will provide energy, as will bananas to a degree, and bananas provide potassium and will aid in not cramping. Chances are you're hungry after work, but you dont' want to stuff yourself and have to lump around in the gym. Yikes...

Post-workout // dinner - Again, assuming you don't have a protein shake, you will want to have a source of protein within 20-30 minutes of lifting. This meal should provide carbohydrates (complex ones!) and protein. Steak and potatoes, obviously, is an excellent choice, as is fish. Your dinner should not be a glutton fest - in fact, it is rare that the body is able to process more than 40 grams of protein per meal (unless you are on amino acids and/or steroids). You do not need to eat until you are stuffed. 8 oz fish and a cup of potatoes is more than sufficient after a lift. An optimal meal would be something like 8-10 oz steak, 1-1.5 cups pottatoes or rice, and 1 cup of green veggies. I prefer brocooli, but don't mind pees in my chicken and rice.

Before bed - So you ate dinner and showered, and have a late night rumble in your stomach. It is OK to eat a bit before bed - believe it or not sleep is actually a catabolic process. An 8 oz glass of milk and
    a banana
    a poptart
    a few pretzel sticks
    some slices of cold cuts
    or an egg white or two
    ...are all acceptable late not snacks. Again, do not eat until you are stuffed. Slam down some water before and after your meal if you need to feel more full. Trust me, the water thing works.

This is an average Joe meal plan. I am not prescribing this for body builders. But if you are a dude who goes to the gym, works up a sweat, and wants to feel generally healthy, then I think this nutritional plan is a good idea. I welcome all other ideas...

WhatAWanker...perhaps you could post your sample diet on here? I am gonna shoot you a PM tommorrow, but by all means post. You give an excellent idea for those that have the means and are willing to pack on serious muscle.

-skeptic
    Closed039
    Last edited by Closed039; 09-12-2010, 03:26 AM.

I would be honored

food program:

morning 1:
    5-10 egg white
    60 grams musli, 1/2 grapefruit
    1 LIPOLYZE ( Species ), fish oil, CLA, multivitamins, Calcium

pretraining:

Protein (whey) shake
    ISOLYZE (Species )
    Carbolyze, (Species)
    Glutamine
    BCAA

noon 12.00 2:

100 gram boiled jasmin/basmati rice
    120 gram white fish
    green salad

afternoon 15.00 3:

120 gram chicken chest
    2 cups boiled vegetables
    1 LIPOLYZE (Species) Primrose oil

evening 18.00 4:

ISOLYZE (Species)
    big green salad

evening2 20.00 5:

130 gram no/low-fat meat/steak
    3 cups mixed vegetables
    1 SOMALYZE, CLA, Fish oil, Primrose oil.

intermediate-expert bodybuilders have highest benefit of this program (my experiences), however it also work for anyone looking for a diet that truly works in combination with very little exercise 2-3 times a week u will still see a major difference in metabolism, energy, fat-burn rate, main deal is too eat small amounts many (5) times a day, night time you can snack a little in the healthy department doesnt really matter, if u have such a habbit i would advice u to go all-out "carrots" makes your stommack work throughout the night because of the hard consistency and will help u in weight loss,
    morning eat like a King
    noon eat like a Prince
    evening eat like a Peon
    finall words:
    dont give up on the little things in life you enjoy wether it be coffee a snack hell even a burger as mentioned so nicely by skeptic, keep in mind...
    we work so we can afford to take vacations
    we workout so we can afford to eat/drink what we like
    thats how i look at it
    kind regards
    WaW
    I know by heart i finally found the diamond (PEgym)
    Progress tips and tricks/pics added
    https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...-thread-1.html

Comment

i wouldn't eat just egg whites.What about yolks,just trash them?
      Yolkes have better and more protein than egg whites.I suggest eating 5-6 scrambled eggs with a cup of oatmeal or rice,banana or some fruit for breakfast and 1 table spoon of flax seed oil.THis is just an example.
      my breakfast looks like this
      200g oatmeal with protein(Isokool,isoflex make sure it's an isolat),1 tablespoon of flax seed or olive oil,banana.
      As whataWanker mentioned breakfast is the most important.
      3 most important meals are
      breakfast,the one after your training and the one before you go to sleep.If you feel like eating junk try not eating them at this time.

Comment

Ok skeptic and wanker, there doesn't seem a lot of food there,what would you suggest to someone with a higher calorie requirement?

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
          Ok skeptic and wanker, there doesn't seem a lot of food there,what would you suggest to someone with a higher calorie requirement?
          Code:
          morning 1: 
                           5-10 egg white+yolkes
                           60 grams musli, 1/2 grapefruit
                           1 LIPOLYZE ( Species ), fish oil, CLA, multivitamins, Calcium

pretraining:

Protein (whey) shake
                ISOLYZE (Species )
                           Carbolyze, (Species) 
                           Glutamine
                           BCAA

noon 12.00 2: 

150-200 gram boiled pasta
                           120 gram white fish
                           green salad

afternoon 15.00 3: 

150 gram chicken chest
                           Baked potatoes
                           1 LIPOLYZE (Species) Primrose oil

evening 18.00 4: 

ISOLYZE (Species)
                           big green salad with tuna fish mixed

evening2 20.00 5: 

200 gram low-fat meat/steak
                           3 cups mixed vegetables
          boiled rice jasmin/basmati
          serve with sauce ;)
                           1 SOMALYZE, CLA, Fish oil, Primrose oil.
          additional intake for calories:

eat more fruit and vegetables, potatoes/pasta use oil while cooking and nuts/seed that has high oil %

lol mate that really throw me off redoing schematics with higher calorie usually its the other way around... can be conditions requiring it but more calories also meens double the gym effort
          regards

Comment

You may think no one does physical work any more, or sport outside gym etc . Endurance athletes particularly need a lot of calories, as do guys doing heavy physical labour.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
              You may think no one does physical work any more, or sport outside gym etc . Endurance athletes particularly need a lot of calories, as do guys doing heavy physical labour.
              yes true mate...
              think problem is this no-calorie thing has been stream-lined for so long through media/net/friends in gym etc that its stuck in the back of our heads everything i ever made regarding diets/workouts has been based around close to 0 calorie intakes, well hope u can use the high-cal one mate

Comment

Working...
              X