Let's discuss and even present our favorite hobbies and pastimes here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's discuss and even present our favorite hobbies and pastimes here

Hey guys. Like the title says. I have many things I love doing. One of which used to be skateboarding, but now I do now anymore. However, I DOOOOOOO want to begin longboarding, it seems like a rush and I love cruising.
    Lets see what else. Well I absolutely love guitar. Been playing on and off for years. I actually realized recently that I have a pretty decent voice, so now I love singing as well while playing.
    Lastly, I picked up dancing about 4 months ago. I love the hip hop culture in this respect. There are SOOOO many forms such as Jookin, bboying (breakdancing), bonebreaking, krumping (not my thing but looks highly expressive), turfing, house dancing, martial arts, choreography, etc etc.

The dance I hav started with is a derivitive of the gang related dance or "walk" called crip wallking. The dance I do is called clownwalking. It uses the initial base moves of the crip walk, which are the "V" and the "shuffle", and people took those and just made hundreds of moves a combos, most of which have nothing to do with or look even related to the "V" or the "shuffle", into a very flashy and entertaining footwork based dance.

I love it, because you can either be boring and generic and repeatetive, but then you grow out of it and make your own transitions from move to move to make your "walk" look very illusory so people will say "when the hell did he/she begin doing that move? I have also created a few of my own moves and transitions thus far, and a few of my own combos. I still have to develop my own style. Sadly clownwalking is pretty taboo in the united states and is huge in other countries, such as Canada (which I will probably be going to this year in order to have a meet with hundreds of other cwalkers.

Next dance I plan to begin on my list is memphis jookin. Now thissss, is one of the most entertaining, illusory dances I have EVER watched.

Here is a video of me doin my little dance, I'm still very mediocre mind you all http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZplA4soP4s
    But the next dance, is just an awesome video I found on youtube of memphis jookin. And whether you guys are into dancing or not, I can guaranteeeeeee you all, that this song is extremely fitting for this website ))))))))
    YouTube - TADOW "PUSSY WET" / MEMPHIS JOOKIN / JAI (JAY J) PRODUCTIONS

Comments are welcome, as I will be giving comments on whatever you guys reveal as your own hobbies I lok forward to hearing about them. Let's get some talkin going!!
    Mr.Friend
    PE Gym Editor
    Last edited by Mr.Friend; 12-23-2010, 05:24 PM.

My favorite hobby has to be paintballing. Nothing like hunting down your buddies and going toe to toe with them. Or The thrill of hearing 30 paintballs per second zipping past ur head. It takes some nads to stick ur head out and shoot back lol.
    Will stop pe'ing when this >My dick is so big, it takes four fat women and a team of Clydesdales to jack me off. is true.

Comment

Originally posted by dogami View Post
      My favorite hobby has to be paintballing. Nothing like hunting down your buddies and going toe to toe with them. Or The thrill of hearing 30 paintballs per second zipping past ur head. It takes some nads to stick ur head out and shoot back lol.

Oh shit i forgot to mention paintballing too. Yes I love paintballing as well. I used to play very aggresively and scrimmage my field's division 2 team, Method of Destruction. I'm highly into xball and 7 man. Sadly last time I checked, the NPPL went bankrupt.

Ive shot well of 30 markers as my buddy was a HUGE gun whore.

Im more of a fan of spoolies, but not owning them, too much frustration in maintaining them. I have owned a ul'd pm7, loved that marker, of course also an ion, and a bob long vice.

Have shot,
      etek 1 and 2
      ego5, 6, 7, 8, 9, sl74, and sl8r
      pm5 and pm7
      dm5, dmc, dm6, dm7, dm9
      ions (obviously), several shockers (sft's amd nxts)
      Bob long marq 6 and 7, and the bob long rapper
      Dangerous Power g3 and 07 fusion
      All spyders
      bob long ripper 2
      invert mini
      macdev droid
      diablo wrath
      and finally, the ICD promaster

What may surprise you is this. I have shot all of these markers, and I must say, that I found the best shooting, in my opinion, to be the 2005 icd promaster. Incredible little gun. One of the pros was extremely impressed with it, and shot it over his 07 ego for the day, as we switched guns for a few hours. He loved everything about it but the weight. Incredible gun, ball on ball. Can pick it up now for 100 bucks. Worth every penny.

And 30 bps going over your head.... cmon. You mean more like 10-18 bps. Trust me, 30 just sounds like a fart. Highest I ever seen shot was from my buddies droid at 32 bps. I rock kids. When you can snap and hit a softball from over 40 feet away, snap out, shoot at it, get back in before it hits your target, oh what a great skill. Love that i had such an incredible basis of phenominal players to learn from. Now its just fun to rip fools whenever I go. Now I just one ball it, unless scrimmaging

Comment

Wow you guys have very cool interests!

Some of mine include amateur astronomy, camping (love nature), yoga, exercise, and reading. I love reading anything from fantasy to science fiction to nonfiction. Some of my favorite authors are JRR Tolkien, Michael Crichton, Anne Rice, and even Charles Darwin lol.

Recently I've also been doing some parkour (known in the US as "freerunning"), which is great exercise and teaches us not to always automatically follow the paths laid out before us.

Comment

Parkour is fun... although I'm sure I invented that when I was a little 5 year old crack head

Keep myself busy I read, work out, play lots of video games (especially now when it sucks outside) and sports shit with my friends.
          Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
          Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
          Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
          http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Originally posted by NP97 View Post
            Parkour is fun... although I'm sure I invented that when I was a little 5 year old crack head

Keep myself busy I read, work out, play lots of video games (especially now when it sucks outside) and sports shit with my friends.

we should probably collaborate and play online together a bit. Secondly, I forgot as well, I'm pretty big on writing too. The last thing I wrote was this. Hope someone enjoys.

-------

Sometimes its hard to find words to express what I mean
            These strangers look at me like I have a disease
            I guess the words' meaning that I'm tryin' to spit out
            Is where we go when the curtains close, when our hours run out
            Years, months, weeks, days, minutes, and seconds
            Through them raises the ordinary question that beckons
            Of a heaven, a hell, or eternal sleep, a cease
            A new reality or nothing, the latter I do not believe
            I put a bit more thought into myh philosophy
            Into what occurs after out final descent into sleep
            Belief lies in faith, not proof or evidence
            But I feel a bit selfish because I contradict this
            Brought up as a Catholic, but its too hard to applaud
            Too many questionable stories since Science is broad
            There are infinite explanations, and many are false
            But there are plenty notable ones, that should not be tossed
            Are we too scared as humans to accept the possibility
            That there may not be a God, an absence of entity
            Maybe if we open our eyes and accept the likelihood
            That we won't meet again, like we always thought we would
            Maybe if we imagine there's no religion, like John Lennon
            And learn how to be comfortable with the thought that blends in
            With critically thinking for once, what's the meaning of Life?
            What's our purpose on Earth, through millions of days and nights?
            People usually talk superficially, things that don't matter
            But this matter, this surely is an interesting matter
            Will we ever find the answer, no we probably won't
            But don't let that entail giving up, just don't
            Because if we're here by chance then you'd better see
            That we don't need a God to explain our own prophecy
            We're our own prophets, we create our own cause
            If you think about it, it's peaceful, that we are our own God
            ----------

and then a short story thing (for those into writing, there is aLOT of subtle symbolism and foreshadowing here

The woods cast a fierce shadow on the loner as he set upon the trail. He had never been in before, but he felt familiar with the foliage, as if it was an old friend. As he pulled out a cigarrete, he examined it carefully, then lit it up. Taking a long drag, he stretched and moved onward.

It was cold, and he could barely tell the difference between the smoke and his breath. It made him ponder. He examined this just as he had with the stick of tobacco, eyes locked, yet he didn't know quite what he was trying to grasp about it. "This trail", he thought, "It goes on for miles". The odd thing was, that the trail had no turns or knicks, it just continued straight ahead until vision was strained. It was no real concern to him though, just a bit odd.

He kept on, eyebrows sloped, with a look of determination on his face. He felt, not this way, but indifferent. But the expression, the look of it was just innate, something he had done ever since he could remember. His look soon complemented his feelings, because in the distance was a small figure. He could not tell for certain, but it seemed to maybe be concrete. As he continued, he became positive of thisl. It was concrete, and it clearly was in the shape of a person. Minutes later, he reached the statue, and he was entirely confused. The thing was massive, it must have weighed a ton. "How the hell did this get here?", he said to himself out loud. He looked behind it, as it blocked the trail. And he was stunned, unable to move. The trail came to an abrupt stop just behind the statue, and behind that, a sudden drop. A slanted hill, almost 90 degrees, went straight down for at least 50 feet. Definetely a fatal drop, but not as long as he steered clear of it.

He stepped back to the front of the statue. He studied it for a while. It was a remarkable statue, portraying an old man with a look of sorrow on his face, almost regret. In his right hand, a balanced scale, and in his left, nothing. But it clearly looked as if he wanted someting to fill his empty palm, especially as his chiseled pupils stay trained on it. The man briefly reflected on his life. His downfalls, his hardships, his own remorse. But something about the level scale made him feel a bit better. He felt his life needed this greatly, he almost wanted to snatch it away from the figure, have it for his own. Then he looked at the nothingness, the air that rest in his other hand. He felt a deep drop in his chest too, just like the drop feet from him. He walked over to it and looked down again. He stared at the top, then the middle, then the bottom. The direction his life had followed since his last good memory. That memory, one he couldn't even recall. It remained foreign to him. With that, he tossed his half-finished cigarrete down the hill. Stepping to the front of the statue, he turned to it. He glanced at the scale and then at the face. Somehow, it didn't seem as sad anymore. He turned away, back facing the statue. He walked back the way he came, and never looked back.

and merry christmas everyone. What I personally hope for is the fixing of my firm flaccid in the next month or two

Comment

Bicycling used to be my passion, both road biking and mountain biking, but a bad neck has prevented me from doing much in recent years.

Ienjoy paddling (canoes and kayaks) on both flat water and whitewater. I have always wanted to learn to play a musical instrument and took up guitar a couple of years ago, but probably too late in life to become really good.
              redbear52
              Last edited by redbear52; 12-24-2010, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Meditation-"If i do not go within i go without"
                Starting Size-------6.75" x 5.0"
                Last Measurement-7.25" x 5.25"
                Destination---------7.5" x 5.5"

"A smile is a curve that sets everything straight"

Comment

Rockhound here old Rockhounds never die, we just petrify. And concomitantly target practice, got to keep snapping in.
                  Start 2009/06/24 bpel 5.5 eg 4.75
                  2009/08/26 bpel 5.5 eg 5.25
                  2010/01/05 bpel 6.12"
                  2010/08/01 bpel 6.25
                  Goal 7"

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteCloudz View Post
                    Meditation-"If i do not go within i go without"

I love this, WhiteCloudz,

My interests are many. In fact, there are few things I am not interested in. I've been called a "Man of all seasons" by friends and students. Here are a few of my interests:

Besides jelqing, edging, and yanking (or pumping at the present time) my dick, not necessarily in this order:

Reading: non-fiction (Right now I am reading "The Man Who Lived with Wolves"
                    Reading: biography (Right now I am reading Agassi's bio
                    Reading: poetry (Right now I am reading from time to time, slowly and thoughtfully, an Emily Dickinson poem)
                    Reading: Fiction, I just finished Brown's The Lost Symbol--loved it.
                    Teaching
                    Writing (I'm working on some six completely written or partially written pieces, mostly non-fiction and self-help books, nothing to do with p.e. That's Aaron Kemmer's et al thing. Not mine.
                    Lap swimming
                    Native American History and Culture
                    Gardening (vegetables and flowers)
                    Watching the birds (and nature in general) (when my vision allows me to and I haven't spent too much time on the computer)
                    College football
                    College basketball
                    American politics
                    Drawing (I'm a good artist even though my vision has dropped)
                    Writing long email letters to my friends
                    Taking the Mrs. to the bookstore
                    Meditating
                    Lying in the backyard grass and watching the clouds pass by, by day and the night sky, by night
                    Geography
                    History (World and American)
                    Biology
                    Medicine (Both Holistic and Traditional)
                    Genetics
                    Psychology
                    Sociology
                    Astronomy
                    Astrology
                    Mythology
                    Joseph Campbell et al (to be continued)---
                    Reading and writing Poetry, reading Shakespeare and watching the Weather Channel, History Channel, Discovery Channel, etc. Watching those two "hotties" on t.v. demonstrating sex toys in the middle of the night
                    Chasing the Mrs. around the house--naked--she giggling, I panting.
                    Whistling
                    Chewing bubble gum and popping it real loud
                    Biting my fingernails
                    Sitting in front of my light box (I suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder)
                    Sleeping for hours on end (in the wintertime, like a bear, storing my waning energy for the summertime)
                    Taking long naps--always have--since I lived in Mexico
                    Eating voraciously--I'm trying to change this habit since I'm diabetic and I am working on "eating to live rather than living to eat"

There are more, but I can't think of them at this moment.
                    Going411x7
                    Last edited by Going411x7; 12-24-2010, 01:15 PM.

Comment

In the new year i'm going to get back into martial arts, but what i really want to get into is parascending or paragliding, looks totally crazy. Microlighting too, but its more expensive. I saw a programme on tv where two guys paraglided over the himalayas, it looked incredible. I'd be happy just running off a hill with a parachute on my back and flying around for a while though.

Comment

Yeah, I would love to paraglide. I am petrified of flying, but somehow paragliding doesn't frighten me. Has to be a control issue for flying is certainly a hell of lot safer than paragliding.

Comment

Hey everyone ive been playing guitar for a decent amount of time and starting in the percussion area. had a band from chicago that their show didnt go as planned so they came to my house and we had a nice acoustic jam session and i was just adding a little percussion with my cajon drum and they were like so when do ya wanna tour? haha but i love Surfing im huge into it. Not the best but its very relaxing to me and trying to do new tricks! trying to learn the board building techniques and glassing techniques of the old school surfers. hopefully gonna talk to a guy that makes wooden boards also. Uh i love moding cars 4 bangers v6's v8's you name it im into it. I have my brother to thank for that expensive obsession. I love baseball but just kinda fell off of it after i picked up surfing. I think that's pretty much it i suppose.
                          6/12/2012
                          Starting Stats:
                          BPEL: 6.5"
                          EG: 5.25

1st Goal:
                          BPEL 6.75"
                          EG: 5.25"

2nd Goal:
                          BPEL: 7"
                          EG: 5.5"

Comment

Originally posted by redbear52 View Post
                            Bicycling used to be my passion, both road biking and mountain biking, but a bad neck has prevented me from doing much in recent years.

Ienjoy paddling (canoes and kayaks) on both flat water and whitewater. I have always wanted to learn to play a musical instrument and took up guitar a couple of years ago, but probably too late in life to become really good.
                            Redbear....it's never too old for you to do anything. Give it all you got!!!!! Age means nothing at all, unless you're a cheese.

My hobbies are camping, hiking, outdoors activities...reading, and I am trying to learn guitar. I also love to sing and write. Would love to write a novel someday.

Comment

My hobbies include traveling, lifting, running, art (both creating and aesthetics), and socializing with my buddies.
                              To me, there is no shame in PE. It's no different than when guys first began to lift weights/bodybuild and it was a fringe thing. Now it's mainstream.

Comment

Working...
                              X