Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Science and Politics of Cancer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ_4YkekV9A

Well, there are seven videos, but I recently stumbled upon them the other day, and I thought if I shared this with only one person it might make a difference in someone else's life.

I have lost three members of my family to lung cancer, all of them on my mom's side, and one is battling it now. Yes, they all smoked. However, none of them have had any success with treatments that have been put forth by the mainstream medical field.

There are a total of seven videos, and it runs for about an hour or so. Maybe some of you guys hanging will watch it to pass the time? Let me know what you all think...

tnx for the vid.
    Mainstream methods such as chemo and radiation are a form of torture that kill people.The alternative methods are the ones that work but mainstream medicine won't tell you that.
    Sorry to hear about your losses man.

Comment

Thank you, and for what its worth it was both of my grandparents and great aunt, and now my eldest aunt has it. My mom was the youngest of five, and smoked for a few years before quitting. Lung cancer is creeping its way down her side of the family.

It is so hard to suggest an alternative method because it sounds "crazy," like you are a crazy person for going against an educated doctor who clearly knows better than you. But just watch those videos - they really paint a startling picture.

Comment

Just saw the first vid.
        Very well explained,i'll see the rest tomorrow and give my opinion on the rest.
        p.s.
        Here is the book he's been talking about Amazon.com: Laetrile Case Histories: The Richardson Cancer Clinic Experience (9780912986388): M.D. John A. Richardson, R.N., B.S. Patricia Irving Griffin: Books
        THe review is very detailed.

Billions of dollars have been invested in cancer research, and so far no general cure for cancer has been approved by the FDA.

Radiotherapy is not effective, since radiation *causes* cancer. The failure rate of this therapy is therefore very high.

Chemotherapy uses strong poisons that are given to the patient in the hope that the cancer cells in his body will die before he does. Unfortunately, those poisons can not distinguish between cancer and non-cancer cells. Instead they differentiate between cells that are fast growing and those that are slow. Dr. Richardson explains what happens to the body of the patient : "Cells that actively are dividing are the targets. Consequently they kill not only cancer cells that are dividing but also a multitude of normal cells all over the body that happen to be caught in the act of dividing. (...) ... the resulting pain and illness often is a torment worse than the disease itself. The toxins catch the blood cells in the process of dividing and cause blood poisoning. The gastro intestinal system is thrown into convulsion causing violent nausea, diarrhea, loss of appetite, cramps, and progressive weakness. Hair cells are fast growing, so usually the hair falls out during treatment. Reproductive organs are affected, causing impotency or sterility. The brain becomes fatigued and wracked with pain. Eyesight and hearing are impaired. In fact, every conceivable function is disrupted with such agony for the patient that many elect to die of the cancer rather than continue treatment".

Notwithstanding this poor result, the market of chemotherapy in the US alone is worth 1 billion dollars per year. Big Pharma and the FDA concentrate on the tumor. They don't care on the life expectancy nor the quality of life of the patient. Pain isn't relevant to them either.

The effectiveness of Laetrile is clear. Please read World Without Cancer: The Story of Vitamin B17 (New edition revised and updated) to check this out. This book is the perfect complement, since Dr. John Richardson, while still able to operate his clinic, helped more than 4.000 people. In this book he tells the stories of 62 people with different types of cancers that he cured. This book was written in 1977. In 2005, Patricia Griffin tried to contact those patients in order to be able to determine the real life extension of those people. I will highlight some of those cases, one in each category of cancer.

CANCER OF THE LUNG

Man : patient "M136TB"
        Age when cancer was detected : 17
        Year of diagnose : 1975
        Statistical life expectancy : less than a year
        Life extension : alive and well after 30 years in 2005

After having undergone chemotherapy for five months, without success - since another spot showed up - the parents decided to decide into laetrile as an alternative. The patient describes his reaction to the course of the therapy in these words : "I was treated like I was just as normal as anyone walking on this earth - what I mean is, they didn't treat me like I was deathly sick, but they treated me like I was going to get well. "

CANCER OF THE PROSTRATE

Name : John Peterson
        Age when cancer was detected : 61
        Year of diagnose : 1973
        Statistical life expectancy : a year
        Life extension : 13 years, died at age 74 in 1986

The patient related in a letter what the next few weeks after diagnose were like for him : "I was in constant, unrelenting pain, my body jerked in spasms, there was some rectal bleeding, and I became so weak I could hardly rise from a chair and walk. At this time, I learned from friends where I could get Laetrile treatment. My wife drove the car, the one and one-half-hour drive to the San Francisco Bay area where I received my first injection of Laetrile, October 25, 1973. I was too weak to drive, in fact I passed out in the car both going and returning from these first daily treatments. Improvement was apparent within the days and in about thirty days I was driving the car myself. I was again looking forward to each new sunrise with anticipation of some pleasure in being alive."

CANCER OF THE BREAST

Woman : patient "M110MX"
        Age when cancer was detected : 50
        Year of diagnose : 1974
        Life extension : 19 years; died at age 70 in 1993

Laetrile treatment prevented the removal of the left breast, as suggested by her original physician.

CANCER OF THE COLON

Woman : patient "H132I"
        Age when cancer was detected : 59
        Life extension : 27 years; died at age 86 in 2000

CANCER OF THE LIVER

Name : Lorraine Ford
        Age when cancer was detected : 60
        Year of diagnose : 1974
        Statistical life expectancy : 6 months
        Life extension : 5 years; died at age 65 in 1979

Tried first chemotherapy, to no avail.

CANCER OF THE OVARY

Name : Lorette Lau
        Age when cancer was detected : 61
        Statistical life expectancy : a year
        Life extension : 22 years; died at age 83 in 1997

CANCER OF THE THYROID

Woman : patient "A156JC"
        Metabolic treatment started : 1974
        Life extension : alive and well after 31 years in 2005

The patient first drank an "atomic cocktail", which produced a slow recovery, but after six months her health went downhill : "I lost about thirty pounds. I had dark yellow skin and dark around my eyes. I was constantly tired. I slept a great deal and felt sleepy the rest of the time. It was around this time I first heard of Laetrile. I felt the treatments I had been receiving were ineffective, and so I chose to come to the Richardson Clinic. Dr. Richardson did not make any promises to me, but within ten days of beginning nutritional therapy and Laetrile, I noticed considerable improvement. My eyes and skin returned to their normal color. I stopped losing weight, the terrible tired feeling left, as did the pain... Friends and relatives who have watched my progress are amazed at how well I look... We've had a number of cases of cancer in my family on both sides. I am the only one who has taken Laetrile and I am the only one who has survived. "

CANCER OF THE CERVIX

Name : Thelma Mosca
        Age when cancer was detected : 55
        Statistical life expectancy : 3 months
        Life extension : alive 2 years later; not traceable in 2005

After discovery of cancer in the Kaiser Hospital in Oakland, California, a surgery was planned. Mrs. Mosca decided to cancel it, since her mother died after surgery and radiation, and told her she would never do it again. After watching the Tom Snyder TV show she learned to know about Laetrile, and contacted the Richardson Clinic. Only fourteen days after starting metabolic therapy, pathology report from a Pap smear revealed : "Class 1 negative. No atypical cells present [cancer no longer present]".

In a letter to the Richardson clinic, Mrs. Mosca wrote : "When my doctor [the one who recommended surgery] asked me if I knew how painful death from cancer would be, I said yes I knew. My mother had breast cancer. She was butchered and burned and died a slow and painful death. We had to keep her arm in ice packs twenty-four hours a day because of cobalt burns. My mother was not helped or saved. That is precisely why I rejected surgery and radiation. "

LEUKEMIA

Naam : Ben Reynolds
        Age when cancer was detected : 63
        Life extension : 6 years; died at age 69 in 1979

Mr. Reynolds started with chemotherapy but switched rapidly to. This is why he chose Laetrile : "I took chemotherapy for three days only. I had started metabolic therapy on July 23 and 24 [1973] and then submitted [for the last time] to the chemotherapy on July 27, 1973. Mixed up ? Yes. But, then what does one do for cancer treatment when one knows nothing to start with ? It took only a few minutes reading the Physician's Desk Reference on the third day I was on chemotherapy to know what I wanted to do and what I did not want to do. This is what the book had to say about my drugs : "Ovocen (Vincristine): Mode of action is unknown but under investigation... Extreme care must be used in calculating the dose... Overdosing may have a serious or fatal outcome." Cytoxan : "Its mechanism of action is not known". Nor did I want Prednisone, about which I read more of the same. I was not ready to die, not from cancer and certainly not from the poisons they were going to give me, so I wouldn't die from cancer. "

CANCER OF THE BONE

Name : Shane Horton
        Age when cancer was detected : 6
        Life expectancy : 6 to 9 months
        Life extension : alive and well after 32 years in 2005

This little boy was six years old when his symptoms began. He was so weak he couldn't stand on his own legs and had to see Disneyland from a wheelchair... Osteosarcoma of the right humerus [right upper arm bone] and the third lumbar vertebra (spine) was discovered, when the kid couldn't lift his right arm. The hospital summary of the Mercy Hospital, Sacramento, California, in November 9, 1973, stated : "It would appear that this unfortunate child has already distant metastases from his primary tumor. In all likelihood he will develop evidence of metastases elsewhere in the very near future... pulmonary metastases are so common with metastatic osteogenic sarcoma. Unfortunately the patient is not a candidate for curative therapy and the primary question is how best to palliate this child to maintain him in a functional pain-free state for as long as possible. "

Instead of palliative treatment the parents of Shane chose Laetrile.

CONCLUSION

You are the *only* person on earth *really* concerned in *your own health*.

Question the authority of your doctor - the man in the white coat. He is not that wise as he wishes to project himself. He was educated at university always to prescribe patented drugs, and he participates, the whole length of his professional career, in conferences and congresses in exotic resorts all over the world, paid by Big Pharma, who want him to continue to push their newest patented drugs. So don't expect him to agree with (cheap) vitamin B17-treatment.

Ultimately, it's your choice.

It's your life.
        wind chill
        Last edited by wind chill; 05-02-2011, 02:51 PM.

Comment

lmao, i am gonna go buy an 8-ball. everyone can go fuck themselvs.

Comment

Originally posted by phil88 View Post
            lmao, i am gonna go buy an 8-ball. everyone can go fuck themselvs.
            lol

Comment

Wow Sidewinder thanks for that post man.

Comment

Originally posted by PEskeptic View Post
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ_4YkekV9A

Well, there are seven videos, but I recently stumbled upon them the other day, and I thought if I shared this with only one person it might make a difference in someone else's life.

I have lost three members of my family to lung cancer, all of them on my mom's side, and one is battling it now. Yes, they all smoked. However, none of them have had any success with treatments that have been put forth by the mainstream medical field.

There are a total of seven videos, and it runs for about an hour or so. Maybe some of you guys hanging will watch it to pass the time? Let me know what you all think...
                It looks interesting. But I don't have the time to watch it right now. This guy looks like a genuine scientist, not a scammer, so I'll give it a shot.

But just a word of warning. People who get confronted with life threathening problems like cancer, are desperate for anything when traditional therapy doesn't work. That makes them an easy target for scams. This is totally unrelated to this video, because the video looks interesting.
                Visit my log!

Comment

I agree but at the same time nobody wants to fuck with their own life enough to try alternative methods. Johnny, I hope you do watch that series of videos because the third one, I believe, spends nearly the entire time explaining how Laetrile works in a scientific context.

Comment

Here are a few facts about cancer.Cancer cells grow. To this day we still don't know the exact mechanism that makes them grow. Sometimes they grow and don't stop and the pateint dies. Sometimes they stop and don't grow for years or ever again reagrdless of treatment.It it easy to point out a person who shunned traditional medicine and lived but for everyone that does there are thousands who have died as well except you don't hear about them because they're dead.
                    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

It's so easy to get fooled by these kind of video's. How many people would really benefit from keeping this "miracle drug" a secret? Every respectable scientist is working hard to make the world a better place. Just try to imagine how many research groups are working on cancer cures the moment you read this. Don't you think they all hope for the Nobel Price when they finally make the big breakthrough? The B17 seems to be setting free cyanide, the same cyanide that was (is?) used to execute people by the US in the so called "gas chamber". It's a highly toxic chemical, and not complex at all. If it really was as easy as this, there wouldn't be millions of papers published about possible molecules to cure cancer. A lot of those articles are published by PHD students, who are in it for sake of science (and possibly fame), not the money of the pharmaceutical industry. Before you can claim that something actually works, you need case studies on thousands of test animals, and then on monkeys, and eventually on humans. The results for laetrile were very poor, with dangerous side effects (cyanide poisoning). A few cases really don't proof anything. And the claim that "Radiotherapy is not effective, since radiation *causes* cancer. The failure rate of this therapy is therefore very high" gives me already enough reason to stop reading.
                      Visit my log!

Comment

Doh! Johnny! You did that thing again where you just sort of ramble on incoherently about your preconceived notions without taking into account any other evidence or opinions offered by other members.

Did you even watch the videos?

Comment

I have a build-in bullshit sensor.

Actually, a quick "Science Direct" search was enough. But I'll watch it tomorrow, I just don't have high hopes anymore.
                          Visit my log!

Comment

Well this thread was created for the purpose of discussing the content within those videos. I am hoping to discuss the material that is put forth, and am willing to debate its validity and future in the field of science. I hope you do watch the videos so that we can have a reasonable and informed discussion. However, I do not appreciate your "bullshit sensor." Go use it somewhere else.

Comment

I gave you my rational opinion on the subject of the video (1st post of this page). That's where the discussion ends for me. For me, there is no good reason to believe why it would be a miracle drug, or conspiracy.
                              Visit my log!

Comment

Working...
                              X