No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys and gals

I am just wondering what everybody thinks of the whole "the world is going to end on the 21st of December 2012" thing?

Do you think it will happen? why so? why not?

Personally I have my doubts it will happen, yet i don't understand why an entire civilization (the Mai yens I think) would believe in this.

At least we know on 20th of December 2012 there will be insane "End of the world' parties.
    (20/02/13)

7" NBPEL
    5.7" BEG
    5.4" MEG
    5.1" Upper EG
    5" Glans EG

Goals for 2015

7"+ NBPEL
    5.75"+ BEG & MEG
    5.5"+ Upper & Glans EG

Hey man anything could happen if Obama gets re-elected.

Comment

i'll bet anyone a million pound that the world will not end!!

Comment

If the world does end, it'll only be due to the extreme paranoia of people. Their calender ends, just like ours eventually ends. Who really needs to make an entire calender for 2390457590885730976290582 years? Without technology of today though where we can effortlessly keep track of things, there's no need for a large calender to keep track of each day like there was back then to keep track of events, growing seasons, harvest time, etc.

It's just like Y2K. I'm still waiting for the fax machine that is functioning as a stool to get up and choke me to death.

Comment

It won't end, and the Rapture won't happen on May 21st as Christians are saying either.

Comment

The Mayans were like, eh, OK we've done enough. Someone else can do the next couple of thousand...

Comment

Originally posted by PEskeptic View Post
              Hey man anything could happen if Obama gets re-elected.
              Originally posted by DemOne View Post
              If the world does end, it'll only be due to the extreme paranoia of people. Their calender ends, just like ours eventually ends. Who really needs to make an entire calender for 2390457590885730976290582 years? Without technology of today though where we can effortlessly keep track of things, there's no need for a large calender to keep track of each day like there was back then to keep track of events, growing seasons, harvest time, etc.

It's just like Y2K. I'm still waiting for the fax machine that is functioning as a stool to get up and choke me to death.
              Hahahahahahaahh! that just made my day!
              hahahahahaha

And I never really thought of the whole making an entire calender thing
              Really good point!!!
              (20/02/13)

7" NBPEL
              5.7" BEG
              5.4" MEG
              5.1" Upper EG
              5" Glans EG

Goals for 2015

7"+ NBPEL
              5.75"+ BEG & MEG
              5.5"+ Upper & Glans EG

Comment

Our population will keep on trucking. However in the next 100 years we may have some pitfalls. Oil, Water, Food, and Weather/Storms will be a few of the things that will end up pushing us to our limits in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by cliterature View Post
                  Our population will keep on trucking. However in the next 100 years we may have some pitfalls. Oil, Water, Food, and Weather/Storms will be a few of the things that will end up pushing us to our limits in the near future.
                  Bah, knock one, maybe two zeros off that number!

Comment

Originally posted by PEskeptic View Post
                    Bah, knock one, maybe two zeros off that number!
                    Didn't know it was that bad maybe I should be stocking up on survival gear..

Comment

Originally posted by Bones View Post
                      Hey guys and gals

I am just wondering what everybody thinks of the whole "the world is going to end on the 21st of December 2012" thing?

Do you think it will happen? why so? why not?

Personally I have my doubts it will happen, yet i don't understand why an entire civilization (the Mai yens I think) would believe in this.

At least we know on 20th of December 2012 there will be insane "End of the world' parties.
                      The Maya people were great astronomers with the limited tools they had. New Age hippies made a joke of that date.
                      Visit my log!

Comment

i say we bump it up to may 4th 2011, i mean who wants to live past tomorrow anyways. At the very least i have finally come to a certain understanding. You know how when your little and you always wonder at the bad guys genius plot to destroy the world, and your always wondering why? I mean whats the point? Where is he gonna live once hes accomplished his goal. Whats he gonna do? lol now i know.

oh and btw none of you have any idea what you are talking about lol.

Comment

Thank you, oh enlightened Phil. I suppose you found all of your answers at the bottom of that bottle huh? Perhaps we all should go look there...

Comment

lol its ok you can hate me for being better then you

ill let you in on a secret. i do to

ignorance is bliss. so be happy lol.

Comment

The Mayan calander was based on the planets. What's gonna happen that day is cool, but not gonna do anything.
                              All the planets will be aligned.
                              That's it.
                              Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                              Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                              Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                              http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Working...
                              X