Dead chickens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead chickens

I have had a few people I know tell me how bad they felt for chickens lately. Why they tell me this? Maybe because I make some of the best chicken wings in the world. Hey I've had some wings done by resturants and such and I can tell you some of those chickens died in vain.
    They tell me I should stay away from chickens because of the inhumane way they are raised. You've all seen how; big large houses ( chicken coops) with 1000's of chickens wandering around. Inhumane; now there's a funny word. It basically means not human or not human like. Well of course chickens are raised inhumane; they're not human they're chickens. If we wanted to raise chickens humanely the minute they were born they would be eligible for Medicaid, a free public education until the 12 grade, food stamps ( as chickens have no income) and when they're older Social Secururity and Medicare.( a good economic reason to kill them before they get old). Maybe they don't want all of that stuff because they might feel guilty. Maybe they just want to be chickens.
    Oh they tell me how crowded those places are. Well did you ever think that maybe chickens like crowds and being with other chickens? I mean afterall we humans tend to like it don't we. We have those places we live in called cities; millions of people living on top of each other. We don't mind being elbow to elbow with other humans at crowded concerts and sporting events do we? Maybe that's they way chickens feel.
    They tell me that we should let these chickens out and be free range. Maybe when those chickens that are out all alone maybe they get lonely when they're not with their buddies. Maybe their loneliness results in extreme anxiety and we could have thousands of chickens seeking therapy. Did we kind hearted humans ever think of the mental probelms we'll cause chickens if we just let them go?
    Why free range? In that coop they have a nice safe place to live with good food. Out there on the prarie them chickens are good food for wolves and foxes and such. I know if I'm in a chicken coop one day I'll have my head cut off but that's quick and relatively painless as compared to being torn apart while alive by a wolf.Speaking of food; if I was a free range chicken I would have to go and find my food. Chickens have been found in fields covered in manure picking through the manure to get peices of undigested corn and things found in the manure. So being nice to chickens means we have to let them eat shit?
    In my little coop with lots of my friends, if I was a chicken, I'd be safe, warm, have good food, be kept free of parisites and disease until the day I died. Not a bad life.
    So when I go shopping later to get my wings I will be content knowing my chicken was warm, safe, well feed, disease free, and had a good time chillin with his freinds right up until the minute he died as opposed to wandering around alone, suffering from separation anxiety, picking through crap to get food, constantly itching the fleas and parasites off me.
    Wings anyone?
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

One of my free range hens was carried off and disemboweled by a free-range coyote last week.
    Pirate
    Retired Administrator
    PEGym Hero
    Last edited by Pirate; 06-07-2011, 11:54 AM.
    Pirate Diplomacy:
    The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

I like the middle ground. A chicken's life has some value, certainly nothing near a human's, but some, so they should probably be kept in a situation where they are at least able to move around a bit, but I think asking for farmers that have to produce tens of thousands of pounds of chicken a year to keep people fed to give their chickens a place to roam free is asking a little much. I wish things were a little better, but I'm not going to start paying the extra money for free-range, so I guess I'll tolerate it. Also, wings are delicious.

Comment

Sir Cusp's ode to chickens. Priceless. (jP

I've got a Tiger by the tail.

Comment

CUSP you can put me down for a wing fest anytime.
          ​The enemy of good is not bad
          The enemy of good is better

Comment

LOL! WTF was that all about? Old Cusp gets out there sometimes and needs to be brought
            back in from time to time.

Comment

Oh my!
              Been a bit, um, bored lately, Cusp?

Comment

Originally posted by PEnoob View Post
                LOL! WTF was that all about? Old Cusp gets out there sometimes and needs to be brought
                back in from time to time.
                The Gym Forum, it's all good. Yea, CUSP is out there that's why I love him.
                ​The enemy of good is not bad
                The enemy of good is better

Comment

Aye that!
                  Pirate Diplomacy:
                  The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

So could you tell yesterday was a bit boring around here? Today doesn't look too promising either. Maybe I'll write about lions unless some has a better topic.

Comment

I think you should write about why Thor is going to be sore. (jP

I've got a Tiger by the tail.

Comment

You gonna give me a spanking again? Oh joy oh fun! Can we do it now or later?

Comment

This gentleman has succinctly stated an opinion on animals that I share with him.

My favorite is Chicken Piccata.
                          Start 2009/06/24 bpel 5.5 eg 4.75
                          2009/08/26 bpel 5.5 eg 5.25
                          2010/01/05 bpel 6.12"
                          2010/08/01 bpel 6.25
                          Goal 7"

Comment

Hey who you calling a gentleman?

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
                              Hey who you calling a gentleman?
                              Just a figure of speech, sorry.

Semper fi mate.
                              Start 2009/06/24 bpel 5.5 eg 4.75
                              2009/08/26 bpel 5.5 eg 5.25
                              2010/01/05 bpel 6.12"
                              2010/08/01 bpel 6.25
                              Goal 7"

Comment

Working...