Finding a job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding a job

Hey everyone, I graduated college 3 months ago and I need to find a job. But there are a few problems.

1) I have no clue what I want to do

2) My work experience is pretty much physical labor

3) I have no references

What am I supposed to do?

What are your experiences?
    Start : 5.5 BP/4.5 NBP x 5 MEG
    Now : 5.5 BP/4.5 NBP x 4.75ish MEG

What's your degree in Amiok?
    13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Goal
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Goal

B
    link 2000's Links

Comment

History.

A degree that if you can market yourself well can be good but if not it is useless lol

Comment

training to become a teacher would be an obvious one
        04/2010 6.1x4.9"
        07/2011 7.2x5.5"

Comment

What about teaching? Do you like kids?

Comment

Yea teaching is one I've thought about. I don't know how to get certified though.

Comment

so here is a new project for you to keep you busy... all the info you need is online
              04/2010 6.1x4.9"
              07/2011 7.2x5.5"

Comment

Well the internet is good like yahoo bing something like that are you can go to a school ask a teacher.

Comment

Liberal Arts degrees are fairly worthless unless your going to be in Academia or law.
                  Teaching certifications are normally done at the college your at - I believe you need to take a certain number of credit hours in pedagogy, and methodology. Meaning you will most likely have to go back to school.
                  13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Goal
                  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Goal

B
                  link 2000's Links

Comment

You need a plan. A short term plan and a long term plan. Vocational counseling can help you develop the plan. (Vocational counseling is not the same as mental health counseling.) Your former college's vocational placement office may offer vocational counseling to graduates. Here in MD. USA local community colleges offer the same sort of services.
                    BPEL 7.0 +1 1/8"
                    EG 5.6 +.6 (average of girth measures)
                    Midshaft EG: 5.75 +.75
                    Base EG: 6 +.75
                    Top EG 5 +.5
                    NBPEL 6.2. +.2
                    BPSFL 7.3 +1.3

Comment

If I was your age I would look to try & get an internship in something.

You can explore what you want to do, try different things. If you can find the thing that you love - then you'll never have to work a day in your life (cheesy but true I reckon).
                      Vulcan
                      7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
                      5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

History.... yeah. Teach. My buddy is doing that. Unfortunately that job market is ass.
                        Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                        Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                        Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                        http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Originally posted by NP97 View Post
                          History.... yeah. Teach. My buddy is doing that. Unfortunately that job market is ass.
                          Yea it is

Comment

Originally posted by mvergasioin View Post
                            You need a plan. A short term plan and a long term plan. Vocational counseling can help you develop the plan. (Vocational counseling is not the same as mental health counseling.) Your former college's vocational placement office may offer vocational counseling to graduates. Here in MD. USA local community colleges offer the same sort of services.
                            What he said. Making a plan will help. You're probably still young and the idea of what you want to do with the rest of your life is pretty daunting.
                            So you need to break it up into smaller steps. What do you enjoy? What's your passion? Why did you go into history? Did you have some sort of idea where this would lead you? Answering some of these questions might help you get an idea of where you want to be.

Your goals are most likely going to change as you get older and get more experience so you want short term goals. With those in mind, you can then identify the steps you need to take to reach that goal.

With history knowledge, maybe you could work in a museum, or some historic site in your area that gives tours.
                            "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
                            Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
                            Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
                            As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

I have nothing that I really want to do, so aggravating.

Comment

Working...
                              X