Survivor, season 41 starts tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survivor, season 41 starts tonight

Okay, so you can call it stupid TV, but Season 41 of Survivor (American edition) is on tonight. You might want to record it.

I've somehow managed to watch almost every single season of Survivor over the past few years. I got hooked when I saw Season 36, Ghost Island. It was the first time I actually watched the show. So I went back over the next year and found all the earlier seasons and watched all but about 5 of them.

I might try to get on the show someday.

Any other Survivor fans? Am I just a dork for getting into this show?

Y'know, if you enjoy it, just enjoy it.
    My older brother is a fan. I watched the first season, thought it was interesting, then started in on the second, and lost interest pretty quick.

My pet peeve is this "41st Season" branding. It has been on since 2000, so it has had 21 at most. No one says Modern Family had 22 seasons, even though like all shows, it took breaks between the fall and winter.
    Last edited by incogneeetoe; 09-24-2021, 06:49 AM.
    03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
    Thread
    12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

Comment

Originally posted by incogneeetoe View Post
      Y'know, if you enjoy it, just enjoy it.
      My older brother is a fan. I watched the first season, thought it was interesting, then started in on the second, and lost interest pretty quick.

My pet peeve is this "41st Season" branding. It has been on since 2000, so it has had 21 at most. No one says Modern Family had 22 seasons, even though like all shows, it took breaks between the fall and winter.
      It's not branding hype. The show really is starting its 41st season. They have been running 2 seasons per year since the 3rd season. Typically one season airs in about February and the second one in about September.

I have my own pet peeves with the show even though I'm a fan. I don't like the way they frame up back stories for characters as coming from places of hardship and woe in their personal lives because they are different somehow and how they overcame that and are natural "survivors" in the real world. I don't care where anybody comes from. I want to see them survive against the odds of the predicament they are in on the show.

The show has been sanitized over the years. It used to be gritty and mean. There were seasons where contestants really had to survive. They had to fetch fresh water from natural sources and work all day to make it potable. There used to be more focus on the beauty of some of the locations they camped in. I am still struck by my memories of some of the scenes from the Australian Outback which was season 2. In that season they actually made people jump off a cliff into rapids and swim down river. One old dude didn't even know how to swim. Ah well. I still like the game aspect.

Last edited by mistergeorge; 09-24-2021, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X