• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How About Those Tampa Bay Rays???

Any baseball fans here?

I don't want to talk about it...
    Ok I do want to let off steam.
    We pitch our "ace" and they pitch a guy who only has 2 previous starts in the majors. We have the "best" lineup in the league, there's is supposedly only decent.
    We get two hits the entire game, they plow through us with 8 runs and I'd guess 12+ hits. Inconceivable.
    Oh well, whatever happens, I'll always have the glorious moment of the Mavericks destroying the "big 3" of miami
    Aug 5 '11 -- Sept 14 '11
    NBPEL 6.5" (+.25")
    BEG 5.25" (+.125")

Short-Term Goal
    NBPEL 7"
    BEG 5.5"

Comment

It is pretty conceivable though, because baseball (almost more than any other sport) is a completely different game when it comes to the post season. Might as well erase the stats and records of the 186 regular season games the 4 teams who make it play, because they aren't gonna matter. Anything can happen.
      Aug 5 '11 -- Sept 14 '11
      NBPEL 6.5" (+.25")
      BEG 5.25" (+.125")

Short-Term Goal
      NBPEL 7"
      BEG 5.5"

Comment

Originally posted by wolf hailey View Post
        It is pretty conceivable though, because baseball (almost more than any other sport) is a completely different game when it comes to the post season. Might as well erase the stats and records of the 186 regular season games the 4 teams who make it play, because they aren't gonna matter. Anything can happen.
        very true like my Giants made me cry this past season with our big win the happy tears made up for my tears in 2002 ha baseball is an awesome sport but many different factors play a role in the outcome as every player gets a chance to contribute to the final outcome.

07/25/2011
        BPEL 8.5"
        NPBEL 6.5"
        EG 5.49"
        Goal 09/27/2011
        BPEL 8.5"
        NBPEL 7"
        EG 5.6
        Current as of 09/27/2011
        BPEL 8.66" 22cm
        NBPEL 6.3" :(
        EG 5.65 =)
        New Goal 12/31/2011
        BPEL 8.66"
        NBPEL 7" let's try again
        EG 5.75"

Comment

It kinda reminds of "Damn Yankees." He,he. "Ya gotta have heart!! All you really need is hearrrrrt!!! When the odds are sayin' you'll never win--that's when the grin should starrrrt!!! When your luck is battin' zeroooo!! Pick your chin up off the floooor!! Mr. you can be a heroooo. You can open any door--there's nothin' to it--but to do it, yooooooou've gotta have heartttttt....."

Comment

haha i was surprised by the score .

I just got to into the baseball this season and my team is in the playoffs for the first time i guess in awhile... Yup you guessed it the detroit tigers. Yeah their playing the yankees..blah blah blah lol i just hope they put up a fight . The game got suspended due to rain . Sucks!
            1st term goal: reached
            2nd term goal: 7.25"
            "It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles" - Socrates

Comment

The Yanks used to beat the Tigers in the bottom of the 9th time and time again. I can still hear gramps cursing!! "Those damn Yankees!!" Gooooo Tigers!!!

Comment

WHOOOOOOOOO HOOO!! The tigers just beat the yankees!
                http://www.alleewillis.com/awmok/kit...oit-tigers.jpg

Originally posted by going411by7 View Post
                The Yanks used to beat the Tigers in the bottom of the 9th time and time again. I can still hear gramps cursing!! "Those damn Yankees!!" Gooooo Tigers!!!
                Haha not this time g4.. I have to admit i was pretty scared when i seen A rod at the plate though. lol.

I would like to dedicate this post to g4's grandpa

Comment

So are the Rangers done?

My season ended last week so I don't really care who makes it to the world series as long as it isn't the Yanks.......
                  It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

No they're not they play the tigers in the alcs.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBigDick View Post
                      So are the Rangers done?

My season ended last week so I don't really care who makes it to the world series as long as it isn't the Yanks.......
                      Don't feel bad. My Braves choked their playoffs chances, too. Maybe next year.

Maybe.

Comment

Working...
                      X