Cure for boredom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cure for boredom?

So ladies and gents, what do you do to cure boredom.

Lately it seems I'm getting more and more bored with my life. I'm a night owl by nature and that means the wife is in bed and I'm still up. I don't sleep all day either, so when my wife gets up I'm getting up. Just that I'm so fucking bored! Masturbation can only cure boredom for a short period of time and honestly this place isn't really jumping the time of night I usually visit it.

So others that were like me what did you do to cure your boredom?
    "Be not proud when victorious, do not give up when defeated."

I wish I had that problem. I work 4-12 so as soon as I get home I strap on the extender and watch TV for a couple of hours, go to sleep, wake up, then a couple of more hours in the torture device, then go to work and repeat the process. Wish I had time to be bored. Lol
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin, 1775.

Comment

Originally posted by ColtAR-15 View Post
      I wish I had that problem. I work 4-12 so as soon as I get home I strap on the extender and watch TV for a couple of hours, go to sleep, wake up, then a couple of more hours in the torture device, then go to work and repeat the process. Wish I had time to be bored. Lol
      LOL, I'd trade you man!! Idle hands are the devils playground they say and it's definitely my biggest problem about being bored and current situation with my marriage/sex life. Sooner or later I'm going to get myself in trouble because of it, I just know it...lol

Comment

I read A LOT and do a lot of research on various topics.. I also love going bowling and am currently in training for my 300 game.. I watch a lot of documentaries online.. I mess with people on chat roulette(when really really bored.. I write stand up comedy material and sketch comedy skit.. I write down story lines for movies that I will make in the future.. I play with my dogs.. I do my PE routine.. I do a 30 minute stretching routine.. I play baseball.. I shoot hoops.. I play uncle .. I ride my quads.. I ride horses.. the list goes on man and I used to have severe problems with my sleeping pattern caused from ADHD but I found that with a short attention span boredom is very easy to cure btw the stretching routine gave me the ability to relax whenever I want and tell my body when to go to sleep. I highly recommend stretching before bed and before getting out of bed.

Do you have an active day, yet still have energy to stay up late? If you don't do much during the day

07/25/2011
        BPEL 8.5"
        NPBEL 6.5"
        EG 5.49"
        Goal 09/27/2011
        BPEL 8.5"
        NBPEL 7"
        EG 5.6
        Current as of 09/27/2011
        BPEL 8.66" 22cm
        NBPEL 6.3" :(
        EG 5.65 =)
        New Goal 12/31/2011
        BPEL 8.66"
        NBPEL 7" let's try again
        EG 5.75"

Comment

Originally posted by MurphKitty View Post

Do you have an active day, yet still have energy to stay up late? If you don't do much during the day
          My days are generally pretty active, I notice I get more tired on the days I don't do anything rather then the days I am normally busy. My problem is most of the things I would like to do I can't because of the time of night it is.

My biggest thing is I yern for a connection/communication. I really like talking to people and crazy shit like that, maybe its a lack of it during the day that causes me to want to seek it at nigh? I really don't know.

But thanks for the tips!!

Comment

Originally posted by iminsoluble View Post
            So ladies and gents, what do you do to cure boredom.

Lately it seems I'm getting more and more bored with my life. I'm a night owl by nature and that means the wife is in bed and I'm still up. I don't sleep all day either, so when my wife gets up I'm getting up. Just that I'm so fucking bored! Masturbation can only cure boredom for a short period of time and honestly this place isn't really jumping the time of night I usually visit it.

So others that were like me what did you do to cure your boredom?
            I get that way when I don't get enough outdoor time. Even a short hike with the dog does wonders for my attitude and general well being. I know you got great areas up there to get away from it all, you just gotta work it in before it gets dark and in your case frozen over.

When I had my workout station set up in the basement and wasn't ready to sleep, I'd get a few reps in. I have found, I need to get some exercise in. It does wonders for the mind and body.

What the hell you going to do in the winter time?
            ​The enemy of good is not bad
            The enemy of good is better

Comment

Connect yourself to the world. Read, write, think, meditate, exercise, communicate, listen to/play music. There is no need to be bored. Get off the internet and tv and video games.

Comment

Originally posted by BryanS View Post
                Connect yourself to the world. Read, write, think, meditate, exercise, communicate, listen to/play music. There is no need to be bored. Get off the internet and tv and video games.
                I hear yah Bryan, I really do. But like I said at night their isn't a whole lot to do besides, TV, internet and video games...hell I haven't even played video games in a while and don't spend much time watching TV late at night either.

Wish my gym was open 24hrs a day!

Comment

I am never really bored because there is always something to do. Walking, spending time with wife, family, friend, playing/writing music, etc... I don't play much video games because I find them pretty much the same nowadays (FPS or RPG hacker slashers MMORPG or not). I do a lot of programming as a profession and at home working on projects to finish up in order to build a website and sell them for profit or do open source so that is eventful and a challenge (although working on some algorithms is a complete bitch to do). There is always something.
                  Begin 7/25/2011:
                  NBPEL 7, BPEL 7.2, MEG 5.6, BEG 6

Current 12/05/2014:
                  FL 5.25, FG 5.2
                  NBPEL 7.8, BPEL 8.1, UEG 5.75, MEG 6.25, BEG 6.7

Long:
                  UEG:MEG 6.5

https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...henewuser.html

Comment

I think there's still greats that stand above the rest like COD4 online and Fallout 3. Maybe MW3 coming out soon will redeem the franchise. You may want to get a ps3 for the games, blu ray and netflix/web browser for tv. I'm certainly the type that will not get bored but will be too busy with things I don't want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Valerius View Post
                      I think there's still greats that stand above the rest like COD4 online and Fallout 3. Maybe MW3 coming out soon will redeem the franchise. You may want to get a ps3 for the games, blu ray and netflix/web browser for tv. I'm certainly the type that will not get bored but will be too busy with things I don't want to do.
                      One step ahead of you Valerius. I have a PS3, with COD and a few other online games; also have a subscription to Netflix streaming service for over two years now. But is it sad to say I'm bored with it? LOL

Comment

Games just get boring and knowing how they work behind the scenes does help at all I have to admit.
                        Begin 7/25/2011:
                        NBPEL 7, BPEL 7.2, MEG 5.6, BEG 6

Current 12/05/2014:
                        FL 5.25, FG 5.2
                        NBPEL 7.8, BPEL 8.1, UEG 5.75, MEG 6.25, BEG 6.7

Long:
                        UEG:MEG 6.5

https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...henewuser.html

Comment

What about taking some classes at a local college? Get a part time job? Or maybe find some things you and your wife can do together?
                          It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

I really do appreciate the suggestions guys, unfortunately I think some of you have missed a very important clue. My boredom is taking place after the wife has already gone to bed and continues until i finally go to bed at 2am or later.

Comment

Maybe you are already doing this but if I had a lot of time on my hands I would just devote more time to PE or working out. I really wish I had more time to do stuff.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin, 1775.

Comment

Working...
                              X