Any gun guys or gals here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any gun guys or gals here?

I spent a couple of hours cleaning up my garage so I could dust off my Dillon 550b and load up some 9mm.

Anyone else into guns?

I'm more of a self defense/tactical shooter myself. I compete in a couple of pistol matches and rifle matches a month. I take a couple of "tactical" pistol and carbine classes a year. Some guys golf, I shoot!

I have no problems with hunting, but it's not my thing...

I own a couple of AR-15's and a couple of Glocks, a .308 "sniper" rifle, and some .22's.

I'm also a Life Endowment member of the NRA!
    Starbuck1776
    Last edited by Starbuck1776; 11-23-2011, 07:22 PM. Reason: I kant spel
    Advice from my Dad when I was 16 "It ain't how you cut the mustard, it's how you lick the jar!" Thanks Dad!

MOI!
    I have more hunting gear.
    5 shotguns, 2 rifles, bow, and near 20 handguns.
    One Semi auto out of the shotguns and that is my trap gun. Beats the shoulder up less. Bow has about 80lbs of pull on it so it can be quite fun to shoot that sucker. My favorite rifle is my .306. God I can get bullet groupings touching eachother with that. Handgun wise I have shot all but five. Which are my dad's that he never wanted to shoot. We share our guns but he is the NRA member and the one with the gun club membership. I personally own the bow, .306, our Colt .45 Government Special Issue and my lovely over/under Benelli.
    Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
    Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
    Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
    http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

What kind of matches do you do. I have always wanted to get into SASS shoots or IDPA or three gun shoots but have never got off my ass to do it. Work schedule is also a issue. How is your AR's configured.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin, 1775.

Comment

I have a Ruger P90 45cal. Got t the fever for a Glock 23 40cal. Been having fever for some time now. Springfield has been getting some of my attention. No rifles or shotguns though.
        I like to reminisce with people I don't know. Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by ColtAR-15 View Post
          What kind of matches do you do. I have always wanted to get into SASS shoots or IDPA or three gun shoots but have never got off my ass to do it. Work schedule is also a issue. How is your AR's configured.
          IDPA and Defensive Carbine matches,which are basicly IDPA matches with carbines out to 250 yards max.

All my AR's are setup with free float rails, VLTOR stocks, a flashlight, an Aimpoint red dot, and a 2 point tactical sling.

Basicly I set them up to be 0-200 yard rifles.
          Advice from my Dad when I was 16 "It ain't how you cut the mustard, it's how you lick the jar!" Thanks Dad!

Comment

Originally posted by BigRooster View Post
            I have a Ruger P90 45cal. Got t the fever for a Glock 23 40cal. Been having fever for some time now. Springfield has been getting some of my attention. No rifles or shotguns though.
            I've got a P90 too, forgot about that one (note to self don't buy any more guns if you can't remember what you have)

I'd forget about the 23 and go with a 19. 40 cal is more expensive and not any more effective than 9mm with modern hollowpoint design. My 19 has over 70,000 rounds through it that I can account for and I bought it used. I shot 10,000-15,000 rounds a year through it though. Now that the weather is cooler here in FL I'll be cranking out the 9mm for next year's shooting.

I also go through 6000-8000 rounds of my .223 handloads a year through the AR's

Comment

Looking forward to purchasing my first. Looking at the Ruger SR9c or the SR40...

Working towards my Concealed Carry too. Kinda hard to get in my state.

Hmmmmm so a HP 9mm has the same stopping power as a 40 cal now? Interesting. I guess I can get the SR9 or 9c.

Even though it's a bit bulky, it seems it's one of the most inexpensively reliable options out there.
              somebodyelse
              Last edited by somebodyelse; 11-23-2011, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Guns are bad, or good. I forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbuck1776 View Post
                  IDPA and Defensive Carbine matches,which are basicly IDPA matches with carbines out to 250 yards max.

All my AR's are setup with free float rails, VLTOR stocks, a flashlight, an Aimpoint red dot, and a 2 point tactical sling.

Basicly I set them up to be 0-200 yard rifles.
                  Im looking to trick my Armalite out. Right now it looks just like a Vietnam era Car-15, long flash suppressor and all. Iwant to change the upper to an A3 with magpul forearm and stock and mount a eotech. My other one I want to leave stock (20" Colt A2). Any combat shotguns. I recently got a Moss 930 spx and put a streamlight Tlr-1 light with pressure switch.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin, 1775.

Comment

Got a Stag Arms Ar-15, 870, XD TAC 45 & 9mm, Mosin Nagant. As a matter of fact I just ordered my Hornady LNL Press today, my Xmas present to myself. The Colt M4 just got put up for sale here in CA so might get that one. But looking to move into a .308 weapon, prob an AR-10 or M1A loaded, more firepower for when the Shit Hits The Fan.
                    06/01/11 NBPEL: 6 in. X 5.5 In.
                    Short Term Goal (Hopefully less then 1 year) NBPEL: 7 In. X 6 In.

Comment

Originally posted by somebodyelse View Post
                      Looking forward to purchasing my first. Looking at the Ruger SR9c or the SR40...

Check out the Ruger Lc9 also. It accomplishes in concealment what my Kahr PM 9 does but at a far less price. Sig P 290 looks pretty good to especially if you want a true non striker DAO trigger. I would wait to get a CCW though. No sense in having compacts if you cant carry them.

Comment

Check out the Ruger Lc9 also. It accomplishes in concealment what my Kahr PM 9 does but at a far less price. Sig P 290 looks pretty good to especially if you want a true non striker DAO trigger. I would wait to get a CCW though. No sense in having compacts if you cant carry them.
                        Originally posted by Starbuck1776 View Post
                        I've got a P90 too, forgot about that one (note to self don't buy any more guns if you can't remember what you have)

I'd forget about the 23 and go with a 19. 40 cal is more expensive and not any more effective than 9mm with modern hollowpoint design. My 19 has over 70,000 rounds through it that I can account for and I bought it used. I shot 10,000-15,000 rounds a year through it though. Now that the weather is cooler here in FL I'll be cranking out the 9mm for next year's shooting.

I also go through 6000-8000 rounds of my .223 handloads a year through the AR's
                        I sometimes forget how many I have also. Just glad almost all are kept in the safe.

Colt AR-15A2 20"
                        Armalite EA-15 16"
                        Hungarian AK
                        Mini-14
                        Lee Enfield No. 4 Mk2
                        10/22
                        Browning auto 5
                        Win M94 30-30
                        Moss 930 SPX
                        Henry youth rifle
                        Ruger P-85 and Mk 3 .22
                        Kahr PM 9
                        S&W M&P 9, 45, 40C, 4006, 317, M-60LS
                        Glock 30 and 21SF
                        Springfield LW operator 1911
                        Walther PPS 9mm
                        Beretta Tomcat 32acp

I think thats it?

Comment

Im looking to trick my Armalite out. Right now it looks just like a Vietnam era Car-15, long flash suppressor and all. Iwant to change the upper to an A3 with magpul forearm and stock and mount a eotech. My other one I want to leave stock (20" Colt A2). Any combat shotguns. I recently got a Moss 930 spx and put a streamlight Tlr-1 light with pressure switch.
                          I'd stay away from the Eotech and get an Aimpoint and a Larue mount. I see them go down all the time in classes and matches.

For your upper check out www.bravocompanyusa.com, hands down the best on the planet!!!

I run Streamlight TLR-1 on my main rifle and my Glock 19, they work very well and are a bargin!!

Comment

UJ if the fit hits the shan firepower won't help you. Staying low and having food and water will

Comment

Originally posted by somebodyelse View Post

Hmmmmm so a HP 9mm has the same stopping power as a 40 cal now? Interesting. I guess I can get the SR9 or 9c.

Even though it's a bit bulky, it seems it's one of the most inexpensively reliable options out there.
                              Ruger makes a solid pistol. But I'd get a Glock 19 if it were me.

99% of the time I have a LCP .380 in my back pocket.

If not at work though I carry my Glock 19.

Good on you though for getting your CCW though!!

Comment

Working...
                              X