Brain training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain training

I'm only 20 years old and very eager to learn .. But what frustrates me is that sometimes I read about something and I forgot like half of it.
    Does anyone have any tips/exercices on how to train your brain to memorize more. Everything on brain training is okay ..

grtz

Nootropics.
    The above is not meant to be argumentative, abrasive or confrontational. Take this and everything you read with a grain of salt.

Comment

When reading, always look up the definition of words you don't understand. If you come across a word that you don't know your mind automatically stalls and starts wandering from confusion. Also I find that doing math, logic and word games is very beneficial. Believe it or not, the computer game of tetris is very good at conditioning your mind to relax and think logically. You brain just like your muscular-skeletal system needs exercise and nutrition.

It is impossible to speak in such a way that you cannot be misunderstood.- K.Popper
      Strength is the outcome of need, security sets a premium on feebleness.-Wells

Comment

Try and comprehend first what you are reading. All in your own words, so that it becomes second nature to you. Once you have done that, later when the need arises , you can then elaborate and add nifty prose to what is already fixed in your memory.

Comment

Oh my friend you must change your thinking. Why is it that you can remember every word from every song you liked? How is it that you can remember every player on your favorite baseball team, including what they batted that year? It is simply in the way you approach things. When I was in school I had to read the classics, all of them. There was not a drug one could find that could make Melville or Milton interesting or enjoyable but I HAD to read them because I had too!. Years went by and I picked up an old copy of Melville and read it to see what I hated so much about it. Surprise but it was good reading. Why? Because I wanted to read it as opposed to having to have to read it. The books you have in front of you contain knowledge that you don't know. Only an ignorant man decides not to read them because he knows he won't like it or the informantion in those books are useless to him. How would one decide if the informantion was boring or uselss unless one read it? Knowledge is never boring or useless. How could it be boring if you don't know it? How could it be useless? You mean you already know what the rest of your life is going to be like and you know you won't need, let's say calculus? What kind of man do you want to be when you're older? Do you want to be the type that people respect and come to because he is a bright man or the one they run away from because there is nothing to him? Look at the books you have not as a job but as an opportunity to be better than what you are. Remember the wise man knows that the more he learns the less he knows!
          The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

When I go to the mall or market I count all the boobs I see.

Comment

hahaha steve GREAT EXERCISE!

+ CUSP the problem is I'm already very interested in one subject in school, wich I want to study further. I read a lot of extra stuff on that subject (banking and stock markets). It's my first year I learn about this but i'm already 100% sure i'm gonna become somebody in the financial world. I love it.

Still, I find it hard to remember everything that is said or that i've red. I read a lot of extra information that I'm gonna learn in the future, just for my personal enjoyment.

grtz

Comment

Your brain with the brain training can re-meet the new challenges and more effective. There is a lot you can do to keep your mind sharp and active brain training activities.

Comment

Try looking into Mnemonics. I gave you the wiki link there. There are tonnes of mnemonic devices to aid, such as "The Palace", numbered lists, etc.

Check 'em out. Cross memorization is a huge thing: by memorizing stuff through multiple senses, you increase your chance of memorizing it.

When I was single, when I heard a girl's name, I would imagine it, and repeat the name back to them in a sentence (eg. "nice to meet you Jenny!") and repeat it in my head 5 times while picturing the name spelt out in my head in big bold letters, or bubble letters or something. I almost never forgot a girl's name.
                  "If you want a log you need to keep a log." - Tinkerbell
                  "I wish I was average height with average hand size." - thenewdude

Comment

I've signed up this website recently and i find it useful. Try it out, you are given a free 3 day trial to see if you like it. Its relatively entertaining and not much of a time waster either.
                    Brain Games & Brain Training - Lumosity

^^^^

hope you like it
                    DontWakeTheBear
                    Last edited by DontWakeTheBear; 03-09-2012, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainJohnson View Post
                      Try looking into Mnemonics. I gave you the wiki link there. There are tonnes of mnemonic devices to aid, such as "The Palace", numbered lists, etc.

Check 'em out. Cross memorization is a huge thing: by memorizing stuff through multiple senses, you increase your chance of memorizing it.
                      Yep, I agree. Try this book by 8 time world-memory grand master Dominic O'Brien. You Can Have An Amazing Memory: Learn Life-changing Techniques and Tips from the Memory Maestro: Amazon.co.uk: Dominic O'Brien: Books

You can find the download links (torrent too) on the web. =]
                      Future owner of a glorious cock.

I'll call it, the thunder dragon.

Comment

Increase your gamma waves, for help in the memory department.
                        Restart [4/17/16] 7.5 BPSFL • 7.25 BPEL • 5.125 USEG • 5.75 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG (not valid)
                        Goal 1 [7/17/16] 7.75 BPSFL • 7.5 BPEL • 5.25 USEG •
                        6 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG

Comment

Working...
                        X