Kony 2012 (viral video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kony 2012 (viral video)

I don't agree with this film at all. It's smart propaganda and meant to brainwash.

That's my opinion, thanks.
    Lord knows that I got mic control.

Haven't heard of it. Feeling lazy, care to share more info?

Comment

About 10 minutes into the video I thought it looked a little like bullshit propaganda to me and playing on peoples emotions with "shock value" and overblowing what's really going on. Later in the video they are advertising a "care package" including a shirt, poster, 2 bracelets, and a keychain for $25 or $30. That's when they really lost me. I found out that about 5 years ago the people behind kony 2012 named invisible children raised $9 million dollars and sent 32% to the people of Uganada the other 68% was used for staff salary, paying employees, equipment, advertising etc.

I read several articles today about oil reserves found in uganda that are comparable to reserves in saudi-arabia,
      One month ago a British company signed a multi-billion dollar deal to start oil production in Uganda, oil which was found under Lake Albert around 4 years ago. Recent history tells us, where there is oil there seems to be evil tyrants, where's there's tyrants there's a reason to occupy/invade. But there needs to be a good enough reason to occupy, something horrific, with the backing of millions. What a better way to do that than start a propaganda campaign?

I can elaborate more on this after if need be I was strapped for time writing this (on my brothers mac)
      They are going there for the oil, my opinion.

Comment

whoa what a coincidence..this is weird my sister just showed me this video for the first time an hour ago... but you really think it's just propoganda?
        Starting (january 05, 2011):
        BPEL: ~5.5?" X 4.25"?
        Current:
        BPEL: 6.5"X 4.5"
        My Log

Comment

Sometimes I find it better to not develop opinions about subjective videos displaying persuasive arguments to trigger emotions. Were I that type, I would spout humanitarian rhetoric without fully grasping the gravity of the situation... like most people do.

Now if I had the time in my life to spend on this, which I really wish I did have, I would investigate further, ask questions, learn the facts, and then come to a personal desicion on the matter. I am in University, I am working at a job, and I have no time for this.

Its not that I don't care, I just don't think I have a right to decide yet. Unlike the majority of my University, I will not unconditionally agree with and follow a viral media advertisement claiming to fight for human rights. I am all for human rights, but nothing in this world is black and white. Too many see a world void of colour.
          "If you want a log you need to keep a log." - Tinkerbell
          "I wish I was average height with average hand size." - thenewdude

Comment

And don't get me wrong, I care about the children and families who's lives are being ruined. I care for every soul on this planet that's unjustly mistreated. I just don't think their for helping the children. Rather making money off the natural resources.

Comment

The people in Uganda need contraceptives not money...
              They irresponsibly breed like animals...and no it's not the children's fault. They're innocent...but when they come of age they'll continue the cycle...
              If I were "DIRT POOR", the last thing I would do is HAVE CHILDREN!!!
              What they need to do is come to America, then they could abuse the welfare system like so many others do.

Sorry for the rant...but unless you're A BRAIN DEAD FOOL... you know it's true.....
              Lurked since 2010
              start ----> 6" BPEL 2010
              current -> 8-1/2" BPEL 2013 :biggrin1:
              Goal ----> 9" BPEL 20??
              Done with hanging...

Comment

Originally posted by SilurianSoldier View Post
                They irresponsibly breed like animals...and no it's not the children's fault. They're innocent...but when they come of age they'll continue the cycle...
                What they need to do is come to America, then they could abuse the welfare system like so many others do.

Sorry for the rant...but unless you're A BRAIN DEAD FOOL... you know it's true.....
                Imagine having no form of entertainment outside of sex in a world without condoms...
                "If you want a log you need to keep a log." - Tinkerbell
                "I wish I was average height with average hand size." - thenewdude

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/K3mgn.jpg
                  My progress log

Comment

Yep, no one helps for free as much as you want to believe, be it the goverment and U.N. or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Padawan787 View Post
                      Oh i laughed my fucking ass off! "2 million view in 1 day! Even MMO-Champion linked to it, we're definitely viral" shit got real!
                      July 2011 - BPEL 6.4 x 5.8
                      Oct 2011 - BPEL 7.00 x 6.0 (YESSS!!! :D)
                      Marts 2012 - BPEL 7.5 x 6.2, NBPEL 7 ''

Shortterm goal: BPEL 7x6 (Goal accomplished, FUCK YES!)
                      Longterm goal: BPEL 8x6, lets gogo!

Comment

ChinaDebt.txt

The US and China...love turns to shit after the money's gone!!!

Hopefully the ordinary citizens of this world can avoid nuclear conflict because everyone knows that politicians are terrible at managing money....unless of course it's in their own personal accounts!!!
                        Lurked since 2010
                        start ----> 6" BPEL 2010
                        current -> 8-1/2" BPEL 2013 :biggrin1:
                        Goal ----> 9" BPEL 20??
                        Done with hanging...

Comment

Invisible Children came to my high school and did a big presentation a few years ago. They are very sincere and it is a legit cause, the people talking all seemed very caring. Of course a lot of the money they raise goes to themselves, do you really think a nonprofit organization can survive without taking a large share of their profits for themselves? Of course not. The organization would collapse if they donated 100% of their earnings.
                          PEGym Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH76tfDxm7Y

Comment

Originally posted by BTBrian View Post
                            Invisible Children came to my high school and did a big presentation a few years ago. They are very sincere and it is a legit cause, the people talking all seemed very caring. Of course a lot of the money they raise goes to themselves, do you really think a nonprofit organization can survive without taking a large share of their profits for themselves? Of course not. The organization would collapse if they donated 100% of their earnings.
                            Of course, But their accounts aren't transparent which means that nobody really knows what they are doing with donations

Most of it probably goes to marketing, but millions of people clicking the "share" button on Facebook, or watching a video on youtube does fuck all to be honest
                            My progress log

Comment

Originally posted by SilurianSoldier View Post

Pardon? they breed like animals?

And Americans wonder why they are one of the most hated nations on the planet...
                              Padawan787
                              Moderator Reserve
                              PEGym Hero
                              Last edited by Padawan787; 03-08-2012, 07:53 PM. Reason: typo
                              My progress log

Comment

Working...
                              X