Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy facial skin

Hi all

i'm looking for some good tips and perhaps routine to really get a perfect skin (preferably facial skin). I have some red cheeks, and got I hate them. I don't think it's couperose but I constantly walk around with red cheeks. Looking at male models, all of them have those perfect facial skins.

When it's hot my cheeks turn red, sometimes when i'm tired I just look like a tomato. It's annoying.

Anyone have any ideas? Tips? Videos? Products?

grtz

You could grow a long beard and buy a red suit..
    Kids would love you.
    "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
    Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
    Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
    As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

Don't smoke

Coconut oil is great for acne

Daily washing and exfoliating

Exercise, don't know why but people who are physically active tend to have good skin, probably because of increased circulation and hormones

Although Toadstool's post was tongue in cheek, a beard is great way to hide poor skin, it doesn't even have to be long, "designer stubble" works fine and looks good

If all else fails you could use some foundation lol
      Padawan787
      Moderator Reserve
      PEGym Hero
      Last edited by Padawan787; 04-02-2012, 07:39 PM. Reason: typo
      My progress log

Comment

Also the red hat might trick the eyes into not seeing the red cheeks.

And if you're sneaking into houses at night, no one will see ur redness at all. Just make sure to drop a few gifts so people don't get too mad at u.

EDIT:
        I did some quick research for you and look at what I found: You can rent out animals http://www.reindeergames-wi.com/exhibitrequests.htm
        And even buy your own sleigh http://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-Vintage-...#ht_669wt_1149

Food for thought. Brainstick or... SaintNick?
        hmmmm.....
        Toadstool
        Last edited by Toadstool; 04-02-2012, 07:47 PM.
        "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
        Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
        Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
        As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

You can use caffeine based cream ( might work) or just go and pay for laser treatment. Oh and you may consider buying La Roche-Posay Rasaliac cream, Mean's Health is recomending it, but I dont have experiecne with it.
          arkham
          Last edited by arkham; 04-02-2012, 02:28 PM.
          Start(11.24.11) BPEL 6 7/8 EG 4 7/8
          Current stats

Comment

I don't have coconut oil, but I do have cocoa butter, how about that?

+ when I exercise a lot, my skin gets very red .. I even have it when I wake up, a really red skin. It's really weird. + I don't smoke and don't have acne. But usefull to know anyways thanks

+ I have a little designer beard and it really does work. Just the fact that you don't shave that skin anymore ..

any other tips?

grtz
            TheSperminator
            Member of the Month Oct 12
            Last edited by TheSperminator; 04-02-2012, 07:42 PM.

Comment

You might consider going to a dermatologist. Check out these links too:

How To Get Rid Of Red Skin Tone | LIVESTRONG.COM

Rosacea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
              My progress log

Comment

You've got to be careful with lots of oil-based products. They can clog pores up pretty good if you're not careful. Some people are more susceptible to this than others.

Is your skin dry, or just red? If it's dryness a really good quality facial cream might offer some help. Hard to say.

+1 to Padawan on the Rosacea guess. A dermatologist would have to investigate that.

You sure you don't just have rosy cheeks? It's easy to look at ourselves under a microscope.
                I am no longer an active member on the PEGym.
                Nice Guy blog posts

"It's either 6:15 or Mickey has a hard-on" - George Carlin

Comment

I put on a daily cream daily .. sometimes it's cold on my skin and my skin gets more red. It's really weird. Is this normal? I don't know how much cream you put on. Okay a little bit, but what if my skin is dry for a long time? I can put on some more?

When is my skin healthy?

grtz

Comment

Check the ingredients. I bet your current facial cream has something harsh in it, like some sort of alcohol. Even in small doses, it can create the burning sensation you speak about, which can certainly cause more reddening. You need something better.

I wish I could recommend something specifically, but I can't think of anything off the bat. I have a men's face cream from DHC. It's cool I guess, but I don't really have anything to compare it to. Sometimes AskMen has good suggestions on facial stuff, but it tends to be top of the line $$ stuff.

If you're seeking to start a regimen, think of applying before bed right after washing your face. Then it has all night to sink in. You can probably put a bit on in the morning, but be conservative or it may look greasy. It'll take some time, but if you're just dealing with dry skin it may help.
                    I am no longer an active member on the PEGym.
                    Nice Guy blog posts

"It's either 6:15 or Mickey has a hard-on" - George Carlin

Comment

Well, none of us can guess your diagnosis. See a dermatologist. That's your best bet. At least you're not going through a huge, squirting, hissing puss filled pimple phase like I went through.

Comment

Do you have eczema? You can get special moisturizers for it
                        My progress log

Comment

No, it's not eczema .. It's more like this => Kennisgeving voor omleiding

Comment

Ok

After doing a quick google search there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer on how to treat it. This article (Rosy Cheeks - Skin Help) discusses skin care which can prevent the redness occurring but that is the best I could find.

I think products and moisturizers for sensitive skin coupled with daily exfoliation are the way to go for now, but you should go to a dermatologist in order to get the opinion of a professional
                            My progress log

Comment

Originally posted by Padawan787 View Post
                              Ok

After doing a quick google search there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer on how to treat it. This article (Rosy Cheeks - Skin Help) discusses skin care which can prevent the redness occurring but that is the best I could find.

I think products and moisturizers for sensitive skin coupled with daily exfoliation are the way to go for now, but you should go to a dermatologist in order to get the opinion of a professional
                              Thanks for the help! Appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                              X